Birmbaum Guide 2002

monorail256

Original Poster
Hey guys! I just bought the new Birmbaum book last night and I just thought all oyu guys should know that once again I was dissapointed in it. It is the same thing as the 2001 book. Except... they added 4 pages on "100 years of Magic" and of course added just a few small "changes". But... I buy it anyways cus it makes me happy to know that I am going soon.... but not really all that soon... we leave February 2,2002 O well guys...
monorail256 :sohappy:

DisJosh

Originally posted by monorail256
Hey guys! I just bought the new Birmbaum book last night and I just thought all oyu guys should know that once again I was dissapointed in it. It is the same thing as the 2001 book. Except... they added 4 pages on "100 years of Magic" and of course added just a few small "changes". But... I buy it anyways cus it makes me happy to know that I am going soon.... but not really all that soon... we leave February 2,2002 O well guys...
monorail256 :sohappy:

Well what do you expect? It's an update. WDW is the same it was last year except for any new stuff which I'm sure they added in the book....

monorail256

Original Poster
I dont know what to expect...
maybe some new graphics at least? I mean people pay 16 bucks for the book. (But the 2 dollar off coupon in the video and the 10% discont from the Disney Card was nice) :sohappy:

Fantasia Fan

How many of these guidebooks have much different from year to year? There was something I remember seeing in the 2002 Unofficial guide that was badly outdated.

Some descriptions haven't changed in years. The key of course is to have a Barnes and Noble nearby where you can in and sit down and read the book as needed :D

K

kimballWDW98

Thanks for the info. Do you suggest that I not get the 2002 book? I already have the 2001 book.
I think I'm having withdrawals. It's been 2 1/2 months since I've been. Do ya'll ever get that feeling?????

3 months til WDW!!!!!!!!!!
:confused: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

monorail256

Original Poster
No! I am not saying not to buy it I just thought I would let you guys know that its practilly the same as last years with the exception of a few new graphics and the "100 years of Magic" 4 page section. It makes me happy... I guess its just because I am probably one of the biggest 14 year old Disney World freaks in my city. Its up to you weather you think you should buy it or not. But... if you are to get it, first go to http://www.waltdisneyworld.com and order the Vacation Planning Video. It comes with a $2.00 off coupon.... its only for the Disney World book not the Disneyland. I just thought I'd let ya know. I am in school and I hafta get off before I get caught..:hammer:

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Beauty and the

Its nice to know that there is someone else as sad as me in the world;)

LOL... thanks, I have Birbaum's WDW Guide 1996-2001... gasp!! I haven' gotten the 2002 edition yet! :eek: :eek: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

monorail256

Original Poster
do any of you guys know when the first birnbaum book was made I have back to 1992. Anyone know of any older?? :sohappy:

prberk

Inflation

yes, I have the 1984 edition, which I believe was the first, although I may be wrong. It is a riot to look at the prices quoted. Most Contemporary and Polynesian Rooms were just over $120 or so for the regular season, posted rate! Maybe I will write more later about those things, when I have time.

Also, it is good to note that at that time, although it WAS the OFFICIAL guide (edited by Stephen Birnbaum himself), it was not published by any arm of the Walt Disney Company, as it is now. At some point they bought the franchise and published the book themselves...

Sheri

I'm getting that for xmas...We went to a mall a few towns away for dinner and I saw it in the Disney Store but it was the first one I had ever seen...My mom won't let me get it till then coz 1.She won't hafta get me another present, and 2.She thinks I can wait :rolleyes: She just doesn't understand, hehehe

cindy-rella

I bought the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I really like all of the info that the book has to offer and that you get different opinions from other people's experiences. Of course I always buy the Official Guide too. It just wouldn't be the same without it.:p

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by cindy-rella
I bought the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I really like all of the info that the book has to offer and that you get different opinions from other people's experiences. Of course I always buy the Official Guide too. It just wouldn't be the same without it.:p

Same here. Official guide for more of a sentimental value because it doesn't tell me anything new!! :snore:

cindy-rella

I have the Unofficial 2001 but it's already outdated. Disney has opened new rides and parades, etc. I wonder if Unofficial 2002 has made it to the stores yet. I think my hubby would shoot me if he finds me buying one more Disney book. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom