Billions Served?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Okay, everyone has seen on the McDonald's golden arches it says Billions Served. That's a helluva lot of people. Now, I was wondering if Mickey Mouse has "served" more people than Mickey D's.

Have billions come to WDW? Do more people go to a fast food chain rather than WDW?

What do ya'll think? :veryconfu :D

Attachments

• mc_logo.gif
    mc_logo.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 295

devilred

come on think about. WDW has four park taking in 40,000+ a day. While Mcdonald's has over thousands and thousands of locations across te globe and has about anywhere from 500-2500 people served day. So Mcdonald's wins this battle

Captain Cab

The Mouse may be catching up to McDonalds faster than people think. While the fast food chain had a small head start (7 years) and many more locations the Disney theme parks have been making huge gains in attendance each year. I've been finding conflicting attendance reports online, but it does appear that the 1 billionth guest to a single Disney park happened back in September of 1994. So after almost 9 years how much of a difference is there between McDonalds and Disney customers today?

WDWspider

Originally posted by Captain Cab
The Mouse may be catching up to McDonalds faster than people think. While the fast food chain had a small head start (7 years) and many more locations the Disney theme parks have been making huge gains in attendance each year. I've been finding conflicting attendance reports online, but it does appear that the 1 billionth guest to a single Disney park happened back in September of 1994. So after almost 9 years how much of a difference is there between McDonalds and Disney customers today?

It takes an awful lot of people to make a Billion, and if McDonald's is in the Billions. I still think the span is no where close to McDonald's.

Yellow Shoes

Look at your own life.
How many times have you been to WDW?
How many times have you been to McDonald's?

It comes down to accessibility
--there is a McDonald's nearly anywhere

and cost
--WDW is around $150-$200 per day (airfare, room, tickets, meals, etc.
--McDonald's is $3-$5 per meal. I can buy 40 premium salads for what one day at WDW costs.

TURKEY

Do CM count? I would go into a park usually every day of the week before or after work. Even if it was for 15 minutes.

Does going to more than one park a day count for only one visit?

What do you consider to be a part of WDW? The water parks? Resorts? Mini Golf? Boardwalk? WWoS??? Marketplace? AMC? PI?

If McDonald's count everyone of their restaurants, why can't Disney count all of their parks?

WDWspider

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

If McDonald's count everyone of their restaurants, why can't Disney count all of their parks?

Why can't they? Include Disneyland (Paris and Japan too). But there are McDonald's all over the world too. There is no way Disney can touch those numbers. Most employees of McDonald's eat at McDonald's, and some people eat there twice in a day. Plus, there are McDonald's at WDW. :lol:

McDonald's past the Billion mark many, many years back. They didn't change most of the Millions signs because they were expensive to replace immediately.

Dizneydude87

What about the bigger company in general? And who do you think is racking in more doe each year? Disney Co. or Mc. Donalds Co.? Disney owns alot....movie productions, parks, stores, hotels, etc. I dunno...any thoughts?

sgeist

A quick point on the "billions" that McDonald's is talking about. I've been trying to find a picture of the arches online with the billions note to confirm this, but haven't found one yet. I believe that those signs say "McDonalds" and then "Hamburgers" below that. So the number that they're talking about is actually burgers, not customers. I might eat a few burgers when I go to McDonalds! Although I'm sure that they've served billions of customers too.

Sorry if I'm sounding too much like a McLawyer. :hammer:

Captain Cab

Originally posted by goonsquads57
So who gets credit for the people who buy McDonalds french fries at the magic kingdom, epcot, etc?

I would guess that it would cancel each other out unless one person eats at the McDonalds multiple times in one park.

One turn of the entrance turnstile at each Disney park around the world (including water parks and night clubs) should count as one person being served at Disney. To be fair each seperate order at McDonalds should count as one person being served there. This way both park hoppers and people making multiple McDonalds orders would all be counted fairly, and a true count of those being served would be seen.

Woody13

In 1917, Ray Kroc was a brash 15-year-old who lied about his age to join the Red Cross as an ambulance driver. Sent to Connecticut for training, he never left for Europe because the war ended. So the teen had to find work, which he did, first as a piano player and then, in 1922, as a salesman for the Lily Tulip Cup Co. Ray Kroc was the founder of McDonalds.

I seem to remember another man who lied about his age and joined the Red Cross as an ambulance driver back in WW I.

Great minds turn in small circles.

ToTBellHop

If McDonald's can count every burger sold, then Disney should be able to count every time a guest experiences an attraction, buys anything, or eats anywhere on property! Then, maybe, the numbers get closer!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by sgeist
A quick point on the "billions" that McDonald's is talking about. I've been trying to find a picture of the arches online with the billions note to confirm this, but haven't found one yet. I believe that those signs say "McDonalds" and then "Hamburgers" below that. So the number that they're talking about is actually burgers, not customers. I might eat a few burgers when I go to McDonalds! Although I'm sure that they've served billions of customers too.

Sorry if I'm sounding too much like a McLawyer. :hammer:

I've seen the sign...and it doesn't mention burgers at all...it just says "Billions and Billions Served"

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I've seen the sign...and it doesn't mention burgers at all...it just says "Billions and Billions Served"

I always assumed it was per customer order, but I did some research and many articles say this is in fact burger counts. However, if that is the case, then do you consider that standard cheeseburgers, do you count Big Macs as one or two burgers. I still believe it stand for Billions and Billions of orders.

Boy, what a heated by hot lamps discussion. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom