Biggest new Disney grievance?

Biggest new Disney grievance?

• Paid skip-the-line (Genie+)

• Introduction of more prix fixe menus

• Certain thematic choices and directions

• Service-related grievances

• Increasing hotel and

• Further technology integration (mobile ordering, DAS, virtual queues, skip-the-line on phone)

• Certain cut experiences haven't returned

• Park reservation system/park hopping restrictions

• Eliminated perks (Magic Express, Extra Magic Hours, etc)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
I'm curious, what's your biggest recent grievance with Disney?

Not all voting options are necessarily negative for everyone. While someone may hate Genie+, for others it may deliver great value, so read through all the options and then vote for whatever you dislike the most.

Personally, I truly despise the increasing number of prix fixe menus across the various WDW restaurants. Prepandemic, dining at BatB and ordering a French Dip sandwich at lunchtime for a comparable price to Cosmic Rays just felt like winning. Not only was the sandwich delicious, but the environment, and satisfactory price-to-quality ratio made for a positive experience.

As for prix fixe, even when the food is marvelous, it feels like losing. Consumers like choice, and prix fixe stifles it while neglecting varied dietary restrictions and desires. I also don't like paying for things I do not want to pay for. Even worse, if you have an overtly negative experience like the service or food being unacceptably poor, it compounds my negative sentiment.

I understand why they're pushing prix fixe, but it's ruining restaurants like California Grill and placing highly desirable thematic experiences (like Space 220) behind a colossal paywall.

Animaniac93-98

Hard to choose just one. Debating between the removal of perks and the overall creative (or lack of) for the resort.

To me, eliminating FastPass and putting restrictions on park hopping fall under the umbrella of removal of perks. Paying for admission and extra for park hopping, only to be told "well, actually..." does not sit well with me. Especially when other parks do not have such limitations.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
To me, eliminating FastPass and putting restrictions on park hopping fall under the umbrella of removal of perks. Paying for admission and extra for park hopping, only to be told "well, actually..." does not sit well with me. Especially when other parks do not have such limitations.
I tried subdividing certain big down to prevent one section from being the obvious choice just by quantity alone.

As for my thought process regarding park-hopping and FastPass, park-hopping before wasn't really an included perk, it was something you paid for, and now it's just watered down, and FastPass was indeed a removed free-perk, but since Genie+ provides a different service, and it's a massive change, felt like it deserved its own specific category.

Smugpugmug

Out of these, I would say the park reservation system but my biggest issues are more ride maintenance related (i.e. ride breakdowns and condition of certain rides.) Genie+ also sucks, especially since there are additional ILLs that cost extra. Comes off as greedy to me.

The "detheming" of resorts such as the Boardwalk is also pretty bad but it doesn't bother me to the point of ruining my experience.

JIMINYCR

All of these have varying annoyances and how the have negatively affected our trips. But having to make park reservations and altering park hopping is restricting my freedom to use my paid for vacation as I want to. Dis IMHO has moved past the need to keep this in place. Paying for a trip that gets restricted more than anything has taken my enjoyment down.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Crowd levels are my #1 issue. Find a solution for that, and you solve many of the listed issues.
I mean, there’s really only 5 ways to resolve that.

Increase prices, add attendance hard-caps (reservations), add capacity (they have been at Disneyland and seems more capacity is imminent in WDW), make the product worse, or decrease APs.

They’ve been doing a combination of all-of-the-above, but really the only one everyone can get behind is adding more capacity, everything else people complain about.

Riviera Rita

I'm sorry, but, I couldn't pick. I've worked in marketing and Disney has the worst marketing strategy I've seen in a big company. They are also incredibly dishonest when it comes to claiming it's what the 'guests' (customers) want when they change something or bring in something that is for the company's benefit and say things like they have had feedback asking for Splash Mountain to be changed when anyone with half a brain knows that is BS. It's all about appeasing the very few and pushing merchandise.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

I couldn't pick just one. I picked "other" officially though. The removal of Splash Mountain for sure is very unpopular so that might be #1 right now. Also the paid Genie+ lines. Or even having a fastpass/Genie+ line at all is bothersome to me. It just clogs things up in my opinion. There is no flow to the lines.

Lastly, Disney getting involved with some very unpopular political directions, which they seem to have scaled back on now, for now at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom