Biggest Disapointment

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Stitch79
Hey! I have him too :) I decided that I've never collected anything before so Stitch stuff would be a good thing to collect. When I went to the Disney store last time they had new medium sized plush of him as an alien, nicer than the small one they had before.

I was suprised though at how little Lilo & Stitch merchandise they have lately at downtown disney.

I know, there isn't much out there for Stitch. I have a lot of Disney polo shirts I wear for work, and I'd love to have one with a little Stitch on it to go with the Mickey one I have.

The only Stitch shirts I've found were children sized tee shirts. I was tempted to get the largest one, but I would have turned into an episode of The Hulk most likely. :lol:

So far I have: Little Stitch beanbag, Little Stitch beanbag with picture, interactive Stitch, Alien/Puppy Stitch (talking), Stitch pin.

The Alien/Puppy Stitch is neat. He says a few lines. When he's wearing the alien suit it's in alien talk, take the suit off, it's in english.

Man I love Stitch way to much... :king:

josh_e_washie

one year i went with my family (late 90's?) and we were all very excited to go on test track.....sure it didn't officially open yet, but while we were in epcot we heard the cars wizz around the building...we went to the line...and nope "not open today". Next day: nope. Next day: nope. All the way until we left (10 days). The crappiest part is the day we left, we heard kids in WL (our resort) talking about how great TT was as we were checking out. :cry:

Stitch79

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
I know, there isn't much out there for Stitch. I have a lot of Disney polo shirts I wear for work, and I'd love to have one with a little Stitch on it to go with the Mickey one I have.

The only Stitch shirts I've found were children sized tee shirts. I was tempted to get the largest one, but I would have turned into an episode of The Hulk most likely. :lol:

So far I have: Little Stitch beanbag, Little Stitch beanbag with picture, interactive Stitch, Alien/Puppy Stitch (talking), Stitch pin.

The Alien/Puppy Stitch is neat. He says a few lines. When he's wearing the alien suit it's in alien talk, take the suit off, it's in english.

Man I love Stitch way to much... :king:

I agree with you 100% on the shirts! I would love to have one but they don't make anything in adult sizes. I also have the alien/puppy Stitch you are talking about, its too cute. My favorite is the alien Stitch that has slop! You put in the back of him and he slobbers all over the place, its funny.

I posted some pictures of my collection if you are interested, I would love to see yours!
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=6158&cat=500&thumb=1

meeko_33785

Originally posted by Dean[AU]
Mine would have to be:

Days before my trip i was checking on the Disney stores websites some merchandise to get.. and i saw the Xmas Stitch! I HAD TO GET ONE OF THOSE! So i went to the world.. and i saw some mexicans with them at the AK... i didnt stress .. i thought there would be plenty left. So i went to MGM the next day and asked a store cm if there were any Xmas Stitches.
Reply: No
Any stitch toys?
Reply: No
What do you have?
A colouring in book and a few pins, :brick: :brick: :brick:

The whole world ran out of stitch stuff!!!

The same thing happened to me when Hunchback came out. I was looking for any merhcendise wirh Djali the goat and they were sold out property wide. Yes, it will be something to tell my grandchildren about- the great goat shortage of '96.

nikechic

My biggest disappointment was not being able to go on Winnie the Pooh this last trip. People most have thought it was pretty funny watching a 24 year old crying in the middle of Fantasyland because the line for TMAOWTP was 100 minutes long. and that the fast pass was all sold out. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I ususally ride it all day long but we arrive at the MK at noon that day because we were there the night before and we didn't have time to go back.:cry: :cry: :cry:

wsapooh

Mine biggest disappointment - and the cause of really all my WDW disappointments - are other guests.

9/8/01. We arrive at CBR and the check-in line is literally out the front door. But guest service people are standing there offering to take people's luggage and give them a free one day pass into the parks. They could then come back later and check in when things aren't so crazy. My husband and I took them up on the offer and enjoyed a great day at MGM. We got back at about 6pm and checked in. We had a bit of a wait for guest services to retrieve our luggage and take us to our room. We didn't mind at all since it really wasn't too long - maybe 15 minutes - and it was totally worth our free day at MGM. But 3 ladies next to us were complaining and asking to talk to managers about how long they had been waiting. And they had arrived AFTER we had. They had also enjoyed a free day in the park. Apparantly that wasn't enough to satisfy them. I told them so. And got SCREAMED at! We gladly left them behind. Our guest service person who was driving us to our room overheard some of the exchange and jokingly threatened to loose the crabby ladies luggage. :lol:

Gucci65

Originally posted by Scooter
My wife collects Disney Snowglobes.

Not the little plastic ones..the Big expensive GLASS ones.:rolleyes:

She has 23 or 24 of them at last count (I lose track)

I finally saw one in a Disney Catalog that I wanted.

It had Mickey on a Rocket and it said Tomorrowland on it.

When I called to order it (The same day I got the catalog in the mail) they had already sold out. When we went to the Disney store they didn't have them...and finally, I went to Walt Disney World thinking they surely would have them....I searched everywhere...even The World of Disney Store..to no avail.

I'm keeping an eye open on Ebay..hopefully someone will part with one of these someday. :(

My OTHER big dissapointment....Country Bear Jamboree...when I finally got to see it on my 8th trip to WDW I was like:hurl: :hurl:

What a waste of TIME!

Just my opinnion...please don't flame me:lookaroun
:(

I collect the snowglobes as well and was successful in ordering the Tomorrowland globe, BUT half the water was gone. (This happened before w/ a Beauty and the Beast globe thru the catalog). Anyway, I returned it only to find out that it couldn't be replaced :(

Other disappoinemnt would have to be the lau (sp? hawaiian dinner) at the Poly. The food was gross.

Dean[AU]

Original Poster
EDIT:

Biggest Disapointment: Getting on the plane back.

BTW: Does anyone else see the Disney Mech Show at the Airport?
I recon its hell funny!

WiCKMaN

Ckecking waltdisneyworld.com, and finding out that one of your favourite rides/shows will be closed for rehab during your planned trip.

surfsupdon

The abrupt cancellation of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights for the year with no replacement of any sorts yet mentioned and still no reason why the Lights cannot be strung elsewhere, I mean buldings are everywhere, or mae some facades up.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by surfsupdon
The abrupt cancellation of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights for the year with no replacement of any sorts yet mentioned and still no reason why the Lights cannot be strung elsewhere, I mean buldings are everywhere, or mae some facades up.

Maybe something new is in planning?

crazygirley

My biggest disappointment has to be the Contemporary (excluding the resturaunts). We went there to look around when we were at WDW in June. We were so disappointed. The one thing that sticks in my mind the most were the elevators. They were so slow and shakey, I was almost scared to be in them, and the "Minnie" audio that they play in them is so outdated and old. The rooms were okay, nothing outstanding in my opinion. We were also really looking forward to the pool, and when we saw it, we were shocked! It was nothing like we had imagined. The overall experience was upsetting. It was really smelly (like oldness and mildew) everywhere we went and the walls and carpeting looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in ages. It was a real disappointment. I guess we are just too partial on AKL!

Stitch79

I agree with you, we ate at the California Grill (which is the best!) but we were disappointed with the hotel. It didn't look very "Contemporary" to me, it may have been so in the 70s-80s but not any longer.

surfsupdon

Also, I am dissappointed in that they seem to be boxing in Caribbean Beach and ruining some of the exterior ambiance, making it not as seclusive with the addition of Pop Century and Bonnet Creek. Maybe we just have to wait for the shrubs and tress to grow back in...

PS--The Contemp is so not my thing either, very dissappointing and not what expected. And parasailing was only okay, but fun nonetheless.

LaughingPlace

About the Kiliminjaro Safari ride, I would have to say it is a matter of luck with this ride. The first time I went on it was just a "meh" experience. I couldn't see many of the animals, and the rest were very far away. It was just OK. Then we went back a year later....while at the park, we fully intended to skip the safari, but when we saw there was a short line (and it was about to rain) we decided to just jump on. It was around 12:30. Anyway, the animals were right up close...it was amazing. At one point, if I reached my arm outside the car (which I didn't) I would have easily touched a giraffe. Everyone in our car was murmuring things like "Where else can [insert child's name] do something like this? This is incredible". And it totally was.

As far as disappointments go, I can say certain things didn't quite live up to the hype, but nothing truly disappoints. I thought the Kali River rapids was too short. The Popeye ride at Universal is twice as long and you get absolutely soaked. Oh, wait, I thought the Festival of the Lion King show was a waste of time, but then, I am not a "show" person, unless it's the Muppets. Test Track didn't quite live up to the hype, but as everyone was saying it was the most incredible thing in the world, I can easily forgive it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom