Biggest Disapointment

Dean[AU]

Original Poster
Mine would have to be:

Days before my trip i was checking on the Disney stores websites some merchandise to get.. and i saw the Xmas Stitch! I HAD TO GET ONE OF THOSE! So i went to the world.. and i saw some mexicans with them at the AK... i didnt stress .. i thought there would be plenty left. So i went to MGM the next day and asked a store cm if there were any Xmas Stitches.
Reply: No
Any stitch toys?
What do you have?
A colouring in book and a few pins, :brick: :brick: :brick:

The whole world ran out of stitch stuff!!!

[dis was around xmas.. but DA WHOLE WORLD?!!]

EDIT: W0000H0000 Junior CM! Now for the real thing...

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Dean[AU]
Mine would have to be:

Days before my trip i was checking on the Disney stores websites some merchandise to get.. and i saw the Xmas Stitch! I HAD TO GET ONE OF THOSE! So i went to the world.. and i saw some mexicans with them at the AK... i didnt stress .. i thought there would be plenty left. So i went to MGM the next day and asked a store cm if there were any Xmas Stitches.
Any stitch toys?
What do you have?
A colouring in book and a few pins, :brick: :brick: :brick:

The whole world ran out of stitch stuff!!!

[dis was around xmas.. but DA WHOLE WORLD?!!]

We had the same problem last year when we went in October. No Stich anywhere! It was very difficult to find pins, and the only place that had any real Stitch stuff was the toy store at Downtown Disney. We found the interactive Stitch (luv him!), and a few bean bag Stitches. We bought all of the stuff we could find.

I was really disapointed to find when we went over to the Poly for dinner that they had no Stich stuff there either. I'm hoping that their will be more this year because of the new STV Stitch movie being released this week.

Hears to hoping for more Stitch! :sohappy:

Stitch79

If you guys still have a local disney store you should check it out because they recently released a few new Stitch toys. :sohappy:

westie

and i saw some mexicans with them at the AK

And yet, more south of the border antisemetism. Sorry, couldn't resist.:hammer:

DisAtlanta

When I went to WDW in Dec. of 2001, Monster, Inc. had been out a couple of months--but the entire world was completely out of merchandise--aside from a few items.

A CM told me that they sell down all merchandise for anticipation of the next flick to come out. They slowly re-introduce various items.

I guess this keeps guests focused on the movie at the moment.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Stitch79
If you guys still have a local disney store you should check it out because they recently released a few new Stitch toys. :sohappy:

Yep, did that. Picked up the beanbag Stitch holding a picture frame. It's sitting on my desk right in front of me with a picture of myself and my wife staning next to Lilo and Stitch at MGM. :D

What I really want if a lifesized Stitch to sit next to my lifesized Pikachu. :lol:

aim

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
*waves Santa Stitch around thread* :lookaroun

:lol: Leave it to you to do that! :animwink:

It isn't the Christmas Stitch dolll, but my parents went shopping the other day and brought me home just the regular Stitch doll. She said he was on sale. Those lil stuffed animals can cost a lot of money sometimes :lol:

Edited because I can't spell! :lol:

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by josenk
Coral Reef Restaurant!

Even if the food was half the price, I wouldn't go back.
I love The Coral Reef Restaurant!
But, to each his own I guess :)
Biggest dissapointment, let's see, Kilamanjaro Safaris, it was pretty cool, but it wasn't as cool as I thought (and it gave me a stomache ache from all the bumpiness)

wdwfan65

Banned
Go to your Disney store or Disney online to get your Stitch fix.When you go to Disney World you shouldnt expect to always find movie plush in the parks.With no Lilo attraction no gift shop no plush.:hammer:

Daannzzz

After years of Disneyland my first trip to WDW was in 1996 and I have always thought that Disney, with their animatronics could make a wonderful ride about the movies. The Great Movie Ride was my biggest dissapointment of the trip and is still a disappointment today. I think the concept ( which is exactly how I imagined it) doesn't quite work. It is great to see the scenes but there is no on going story or progression and it builds to no climax though the Wizard of Oz Scene is nice and long and works on its own. I think if they could have changed the narration and tied it all together as well as putting more elaborate and many more animatronics it might have worked but I am not sure if the concept will ever be truly successful.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
OK, getting away from the Stitch stuff for a moment, my biggest disapoinment has to be the Breathless boat tour. I've tried to book it for TWO years now, and both times the darn thing goes into "referbishment" at the time I visit the World. :zipit:

I'll never get to do that thing at this rate. Why doesn't Disney have two "Breathless" boats? :zipit:

BRER STITCH

At risk of being pelted with rocks and garbage.....:lookaroun

I am SO disappointed that the Indian Jones Stunt Crap-tacular has remianed unchanged all these years!!!

There is so much potential there to be a REALLY great show, but when I went back 5 years later and it was still the same "crazy-shirted tourist in the audience tries to make you laugh" thing, I just couldn't believe it!

Oh well....bring it on............

:zipit:

aim

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
At risk of being pelted with rocks and garbage.....:lookaroun

I am SO disappointed that the Indian Jones Stunt Crap-tacular has remianed unchanged all these years!!!

There is so much potential there to be a REALLY great show, but when I went back 5 years later and it was still the same "crazy-shirted tourist in the audience tries to make you laugh" thing, I just couldn't believe it!

Oh well....bring it on............

:zipit:

:lol: I must agree in a way. It could use a lil update. But I still find it very exciting. :)

I guess my biggest dissappointment about Disney, is not getting spend much time with my sister when we're there. She works at MK. So we get to see her when we go there. And she gets mornings...but only like one full day we're there is she with us the whole time. That's about it. :)

Scooter

My wife collects Disney Snowglobes.

Not the little plastic ones..the Big expensive GLASS ones.:rolleyes:

She has 23 or 24 of them at last count (I lose track)

I finally saw one in a Disney Catalog that I wanted.

It had Mickey on a Rocket and it said Tomorrowland on it.

When I called to order it (The same day I got the catalog in the mail) they had already sold out. When we went to the Disney store they didn't have them...and finally, I went to Walt Disney World thinking they surely would have them....I searched everywhere...even The World of Disney Store..to no avail.

I'm keeping an eye open on Ebay..hopefully someone will part with one of these someday. :(

My OTHER big dissapointment....Country Bear Jamboree...when I finally got to see it on my 8th trip to WDW I was like:hurl: :hurl:

What a waste of TIME!

Just my opinnion...please don't flame me:lookaroun

rokcandy

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Kilamanjaro Safaris, it was pretty cool, but it wasn't as cool as I thought

I'd have to say the same thing. Yes, maybe both times I went on it weren't the best in terms of seeing animals up close, but I just didn't get anything out of it...and I just expected a lot more. *shrugs*

inorski

I try to collect the Mickey and Minnie small bean bags from whatever special event is going on at the time, and for the Flower and Garden Festival this year I was able to get Mickey, but not Minnie. So now I have this collection that is missing a key item! I checked everywhere in EPCOT for two weeks in May and wasn't able to find one single Minnie. Mind you, my first trip started only a few days after the festival itself started so you would think that they would have ordered enough Minnies to at least make it through the first week.:cry: :mad:

Stitch79

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
Yep, did that. Picked up the beanbag Stitch holding a picture frame. It's sitting on my desk right in front of me with a picture of myself and my wife staning next to Lilo and Stitch at MGM. :D

What I really want if a lifesized Stitch to sit next to my lifesized Pikachu. :lol:

Hey! I have him too :) I decided that I've never collected anything before so Stitch stuff would be a good thing to collect. When I went to the Disney store last time they had new medium sized plush of him as an alien, nicer than the small one they had before.

I was suprised though at how little Lilo & Stitch merchandise they have lately at downtown disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom