Big Thunder shut down 12-6-2003 afternoon

scottnj1966

Original Poster
I was on Big Thunder when is shut down twice today. On the second lift it stopped for good.
We were on it for 10 minutes then cast members came up to get us off one car at a time.

We walked down the stairs next to the lift hill, crossed the track, then went into the "mountain" where all the machinery was located.

Was a very cool and unexpected backlot tour.

Does anyone know what happened. They said they needed to reset the track. Didnt make any sense to me. If it was a simple thing why walk two trains off that I saw.
Plus it was over an hour before I saw them release the trains back into the loading area.
Not sure if it opened later or not.

Splash Mountain was also broke down. Was not on that when it happened.

I have a couple pictures and a little video clip of inside the mountain.

AndyP

I've never seen any problems with BTMRR before :confused: Strange, didn't they only just rehab it ? OR was this just one of those 'day to day' problems that come along ? Anyone know ?

scottnj1966

Original Poster
Will post the pictures and the video clip I have

Working on adding them to my little site so people can see them.

I have sent them to Steve but I am sure he is pretty busy.

Only have a couple pictures and a little video clip sinc eI didnt have my camcorder with me. I always have the camcorder with me but this time we were doing the christmas parade crowd thing so they asked no camcorders. I listened to the rules even though everyone else had theres.

kal1484

After Cali's accident, I'm sure they are going to make sure they are 100% clear and safe. That's probably why, they didn't want to take a chance.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
I am sure you are right

I am sure any little thing will be checked and rechecked.
Was pretty exciting leaving the ride from the lift hill.
Got to go places a guest never gets to see.

If both Splash and Thunder were down it could have been a power issue in that area of the park. It happens quite often and plays havoc with ride control computers.

scottnj1966

Original Poster
I am glad everyone enjoyed the video and pics.

I forgot to mention we did get to ride it about 20 minutes before this happened and all went fine.

I have always enjoyed this ride ever since it opened.
It is alot of fun even though it is not intense.

Thanks for looking!!. I just recieved an email from Steve and he will be adding some more of my pics and more on ride videos in full res.

www.bigfloridacountry.com

Sir Hiss527

Must have been a power problem, or something along that lines. There gonna wanna check all the problems they detect due to Cali's accident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom