Big Thunder Mountain RR Merchandise

The "Pro"

Does anyone know why they don't sell BTMRR merchandise? I haven't seen any in years. The only item I ever saw was a kids size t-shirt and that was many years ago.

RiversideBunny

The Disney merchandising executives who are responsible for what is offered in the parks at WDW are the weakest link in the whole management structure of the Walt Disney Company.
They are not the best and the brightest.

Trying to find attraction specific souvenirs is a journey through the land of benign neglect and misguided efforts.
There are major, classic, signature attractions at WDW where the selection of souvenirs for them is abysmal and infantile.
General park merchandise reflects a lack of even trying to obtain feedback from the guests on what they would have bought had it been there.

An Orlando high school class, using it as a business project, could do a better job of offering what guests want and they could do it while increasing profits and reducing stagnant inventory.

The top executives at the Walt Disney Company who review the performance and the profits for the parks should be looking at what the merchandise results could have been and not at what the current politically acceptable budget results are.

IMHO
:)

Upvote 0

MissM

In other words...the state of affairs for attraction-specific merchandise (especially for something like Big Thunder) is sadly lacking-to-nonexistent.

There's a few Big Thunder pins but beyond that...? I really haven't seen anything. (And it's one of my favorite rides.) :cry:
-m

Upvote 0

sleepybear

It's true, sad to say. For example, take a walk outside the Haunted Mansion. You get to that sales cart and see mostly Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise. Sigh.

I wonder if the lack of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad merchandise is because they didn't build a gift shop immediately after the ride. Back then, they didn't do such things.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

One approach that they need to consider is that attraction specific souvenirs don't have to be offered only at that attraction.

They can be offered in the general gift shops such as Mouse Gear and the store at Downtown Disney and at places near the entrances to each park.

People would be more than happy, for instance, to purchase Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain T-shirts on Main Street.

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

I disagree about the negative views on Disney attraction merchandise. I hate to break it to you, but Disney fanatics (myself included) make up a small minority of the people who visit Disney World. Disney offers merchandise that will appeal to anyone who walks through their stores. Recognizeable characters like Mickey Mouse and items from current movies will sell. While I would love to have a BTMRR shirt, most people who travel there have never heard of BTMRR and don't care about remembering the name of "that rollercoaster they rode in Disney World." Disney is in the business of making money, that drives the decisions they make.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

In other words...the state of affairs for attraction-specific merchandise (especially for something like Big Thunder) is sadly lacking-to-nonexistent.

There's a few Big Thunder pins but beyond that...? I really haven't seen anything. (And it's one of my favorite rides.) :cry:
-m

Perhaps this would change if not only 10 or 100 but 1000 or better 10.000 guests would complain at guest relations about the lack of or inferior quality of attraction merchandise?

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

One approach that they need to consider is that attraction specific souvenirs don't have to be offered only at that attraction.

They can be offered in the general gift shops such as Mouse Gear and the store at Downtown Disney and at places near the entrances to each park.

People would be more than happy, for instance, to purchase Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain T-shirts on Main Street.

I think they do it to put a little pressure on the guests, "buy now or the opportunity is gone" so you will buy more at the attraction to be sure that you didn't miss anything. I don't know if I would have bought so much merchandise at serka zong if I would have known I can get it at other disney stores.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom