Big Thunder Mountain Railroad vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

celluloid

I often wonder about the Original Part, I mean. PoTC's large change came in the "We want the Red Head" part which depicts human trafficking along with the less serious, fat shaming. Selling women for gold? Yes, I know it was funny back when society wasn't as rightfully focused on the difference between right and wrong. I was upset as well until I realized that my daughters are women and the idea of them being sold off to anyone kind of gags me now. So I am happy with the depiction of that Red Head as being equally as "bad a$$" as the rest of the Pirates. That part became less a joke and more of a glorification of what may or may not have been an actual process. I know others do not agree, but that is how I am feeling at this point. I liked the addition of Capt. Jack (one of the most realistic physical depiction of the movie character Disney has ever done) and I don't think it took anything away from the storyline at all. In fact, I think it gave it an even clearer storyline. Change isn't always a bad thing.

I don't want my sons as well as daughters involved in looting and burning down villages. That is the issue. Pirates are not good guys.
The change is awful.

Adding Jack in fact changed a lot. Now we are depicting pirates as antihero or heroes instead of pirates, and he is there more frequently than any other particular pirate and not in the same style. He and the other style changes date the attraction more than any other change, as now the movie changes tie it directly as an attraction based on the series.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom