Big Thunder Evac. 12/9 Evening

Chase24

Original Poster
Big Thunder Evac. 12/10 Evening

Hi, Just back from our Trip last week. Had a wonderful time, great trip and all that stuff. Our son even was picked to be part of the Pirate show with Jack Sparrow:sohappy: .

One question to anyone who may have been in there last week on Sunday, 12/10 (Edit-Wrong Date for Sunday). We were on the last hill climb on BTMR and the train stopped, along with the rest of the ride (thank goodness 'cause I was wondering about how the other trains were timed so they did not hit us in the back.) Anyway, does anyone know why or what would / could have caused a shutdown on BTMR. There were a few announcements about the ride would start any moment, then a big announcement the ride was closing and we were then taken out through the inside of the Mountain (Pretty Cool). Just Curios so I can tell my son who now is afraid of riding it.

Thanks

Chase24

CAPTAIN HOOK

Never known that to happen before - I'd be interested to find out more. From a safety point of view - the timing of the trains is set so that they can be stopped safely - your son shouldn't worry about riding again :)

pescador1f

i was outside.....

... it was sunday 12/10, my first night of my honeymoon, was there for the extra magic hours and went to do btmr and they were all outisde, sorry technical dificulties, etc. etc. so i went off to the haunted mansion.

barnebd5

Hi, Just back from our Trip last week. Had a wonderful time, great trip and all that stuff. Our son even was picked to be part of the Pirate show with Jack Sparrow:sohappy: .

One question to anyone who may have been in there last week on Sunday, 12/9. We were on the last hill climb on BTMR and the train stopped, along with the rest of the ride (thank goodness 'cause I was wondering about how the other trains were timed so they did not hit us in the back.) Anyway, does anyone know why or what would / could have caused a shutdown on BTMR. There were a few announcements about the ride would start any moment, then a big announcement the ride was closing and we were then taken out through the inside of the Mountain (Pretty Cool). Just Curios so I can tell my son who now is afraid of riding it.

Thanks

Chase24

I worked at BTM and did some e-vacs, the rides breaks down a lot sometimes, it's no big deal, it could've been a ride sensor or the timing of the trains leaving the stations.

the system is used to always used a certain way of operation and when you have many people getting on and off the ride it's not always going to respond when something doesn't go right. So no worries its pretty normal for this to happen from time to time.

-Dan

Chase24

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. My son is only 5 so, he should be ok next time when we go back. He really loved it when he was 4 so, he should be ok.

Thanks again for your responses.

Adam:wave:

Vernonpush

... it was sunday 12/10, my first night of my honeymoon, was there for the extra magic hours and went to do btmr and they were all outisde, sorry technical dificulties, etc. etc. so i went off to the haunted mansion.

First night of your honeymoon and you're in the parks, not your room? You are a Disney fan. :lol: :lol:

MSTINKHERBELL01

Alot of things can occur to warrent an evac or shut down. I would def. let your son know that it's normal and that in order to assure that the ride works the way it's suppose to, occationally mickey has his friends check it or stop it. I know it sounds wiered but I had to tell my son the very same thing and he understood it and was not scared.:)

yodathefrog

My family and I were there on Sunday for Extra Magic Hours as well and wondered why it was down. We eventually got to ride it on Thursday, so all was good!

Jessie&Buzz

I was going to say that I rode it on 12/9 at night and it was fine then I saw your edit. I'm sorry that you had to get off. I'm sure you son will be fine next time. I took my almost 4 year old on it and he says he liked it until it went fast!

CoffeeJedi

Hey, that's the same place that I got e-vac'd, cool.
That was a bit of a thrill for me actually, to get the chance to walk "under" the mountain.

rcapolete

couple of years ago the same thing happened to me and my family. The train came to a complete ans sudden stop. We were then lead off the train and had to walk off to theexit. Since we where at the last part of the ride before the entrance back to the station we had only a short walk.

DisneyMusician2

Very odd. In all the years I've been going, I can't ever remember being evacuated from a ride! That's got to really be a unique experience. Is it as cool as it sounds, or does it just get you angry that a ride broke down that you were on?

Chase24

Original Poster
Very odd. In all the years I've been going, I can't ever remember being evacuated from a ride! That's got to really be a unique experience. Is it as cool as it sounds, or does it just get you angry that a ride broke down that you were on?
No, no anger here. I must admit we much rather would have liked to have finished the ride, and as luck and weather had it, we did not get to ride again before we left. Just another reason to go back someday:lol: . This was my first evac. at any park or ride and looked at it as a free behind the scenes tour. I have never been on the behind the scenes tour at WDW, but I bet you do not get to walk along the tracks of BTMR on it.

CoffeeJedi

I was actually happy about it, it was my first evac. I noticed some details in the theming that I otherwise would not have seen. For example, at the very beginning of the ride, before the first lift, is a dark cave to your right, with the sounds of someone digging coming from it. I only knew about that effect because we walked from lift 3, under the mountain, to the lift 1 area; I never heard it before. The next time I rode, i heard it briefly as we were pulling out of the station.

cpt.jacksluv

That would be neat!

I have been evacuated off of Splash Mountain! Talk about freaky.I was just thankful that we weren't the people who were at the top of the mountain. it was really neat to see all of behind the scenes stuff! I have also seen Space Mountian when the lights were on but I am sure the people who ride the people mover have seen it to. That is another ride that breaks down a lot.:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom