Big River Grille at Boardwalk set to close in November?

AshaNeOmah

Nice. I’m from chatt!
I've been to the one in Chattanooga at least 2 dozen times. Not my favorite restaurant, and not what I would call fine or great dining, but I always knew what to expect before walking in, and it was going to be OK, not great, but not bad, either, KWIM? And we always got our growler filled to bring back to FL. ;) I've had mixed experiences at the one on the Boardwalk - which apparently is true for many others.

I work 2 blocks from the Big River in Downtown Chattanooga and have never been to the location on the Boardwalk. I've had people plan a lunch there when they visit, wanting to 'compare' to the one at home. I've never even considered eating there, I can get Big River any day I want.

Not to mention it's really only about a 6/10 on food. They made their name with the brewery in a time when craft brews were just starting in the South.

ThanksPhoenicians

They removed the "magical" elements from the drinks in favor of them being made away from the table. For instance, one drink the guest would mix/stir themselves to change its color is now completely finished before its brought over.
Makes sense. I remember when I was there in December, I walked in thinking they had some sort of absinthe drink but when I asked they looked at me like I was insane. However, now it looks like it's back on the menu. Strange things happening over there on the BoardWalk.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I haven't been in many years but I remember it being very noisy, in that there wasn't enough of carpeting to muffle the sound of everything.

Bocabear

I always thought it was an odd choice for the Boardwalk Resort...never felt quite on brand...
Well neirther did ESPN...
A restaurant that had some sort of boardwalk theming...Casual and fun would have been nice... And honestly, it would have been nice to even have a Jersey Diner themed restaurant open late... Would make sense in that location and would get a lot of business for breakfast.

wishiwere@wdw

For what it’s worth, staff are aware of the rumor and there were in fact discussions months ago about closing in November but they are adamant that they are NOT closing. Obviously, judging by this thread most will not care but this family is happy and I’m sure others out there will be as well. As an added bonus, octoberfest was just tapped :).

Thelazer

Dry chicken sandwiches, and soggy bacon.. literally worst meal at the boardwalk outside of the (no strike that) employee cafe.

worldfanatic

I've had some good burgers there, and the red beer is fairly decent.
The inside atmosphere is atrocious, but eating on the patio is kinda nice.

I've stayed at the Boardwalk Resort (my DVC Home) more than any other Resort on Disney property, and I'm leaving for another trip this coming Tuesday.
The fact that this news doesn't tempt me to make one final Big River visit tells me all I need to know. A change is welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom