Big River Grille and Brewing Works to close at Walt Disney World

buckeyegator

i am amazed at the number of food places, both in the parks, the resorts, and disney springs. do not know how so many actually turn a profit to stay open, more is not always better.

Dinardo

Sorry for the blurriness - should’ve cropped too
IMG_0484.png

UNCgolf

I wonder if they'll consider putting something different here (i.e. not a restaurant). There's the Yachtsman, Cape May, Beaches and Cream, and Ale & Compass at the Yacht/Beach Club, and then the new Cake Bake Shop, Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno, the Boardwalk Deli, and the pizza window at the Boardwalk itself -- although Flying Fish and Trattoria al Forno don't serve lunch.

There are also the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin and even EPCOT a relatively short walk away. There's a lot of competition for dining.

I wish they'd turn this space into a diner that serves all day breakfast along with other standard diner fare and change the deli into something else -- maybe a themed ice cream and candy shop more like what was once offered there years ago. I'm sure that won't happen considering the Boardwalk Deli was just recently reworked, though.

Last edited:

AJT607

Whatever they do, I hope that it is more savory options at the Boardwalk (they already have enough indulgent sweet offerings planned or presently there). I also hope that they can turn it over relatively quickly. I’m not thrilled at the prospect of another 2-4 year construction project like the Cake Bake Shop has turned in to.

CJR

This is a pretty big deal just for its longevity, it opened in 1996 and kept a similar look the whole time.

It's honestly more surprising that it lasted so long, I never knew of it being very good. Disney didn't mind it though, so long they got that rent check.

So, it'll probably create a lasting change to the area. Honestly though, it was past time to give that spot some new life. Hope they can find something really good to go here, lots of possibilities.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a pretty big deal just for its longevity, it opened in 1996 and kept a similar look the whole time.

It's honestly more surprising that it lasted so long, I never knew of it being very good. Disney didn't mind it though, so long they got that rent check.

So, it'll probably create a lasting change to the area. Honestly though, it was past time to give that spot some new life. Hope they can find something really good to go here, lots of possibilities.

Are we talking about the same Disney that closes rides with no Intention to replace them? Or builds timeshares without the pretense of new amenities?

bhg469

First, Boardwalk lost ESPN to a bakery. Now it's losing Big River Grille. Hopefully, they can retain the spot as some kind of sports bar.
The best, but sadly most expensive sports bar I've ever been in is a very short Uber ride away at the Gaylord palms. Having said that there are plenty of places off site that are still very good. And a couple that are ok on site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom