Big Nintendo announcement on Monday (12/7/15)........ Could it be? (It wasn't)

Mike S

Original Poster
From the senior manager of marketing and licensing for Nintendo.
Speaking of announcements, I wish I could tell you guys, but stay tuned for Monday,” Baker said. “Monday there’s going to be something… something happening on Monday. It’s going to be big. Stay tuned, it’s going to be good.
I also read on Orlando United that apparently Mark Woodbury said recently at IAAPA that we would hear more about Nintendo in the "near future."
image.png

Could this be it?

Link: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/06/a-big-nintendo-related-announcement-will-be-made-tomorrow/

Last edited:

chocotaco

Highly doubt it. Would be awesome, but seems too early to announce anything specific. Perhaps next year, but even then, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get solid details and concept art until 2017. Not that I have any sort of inside knowledge within the industry, so my opinion probably doesn't mean much but I just don't see them anouncing anything substantial this early on.

This announcement probably has something to do with gaming in some way. Nintendo will be launching some sort of an account system in North America soon so it could be that, they also might release the date of their next and last smash bros direct. Others have speculated (on gaming forums) that it may not be anything more than indie-related stuff.

Guess we will see soon enough, but I'm not expecting anything theme parks related

Mike S

Original Poster
Highly doubt it. Would be awesome, but seems too early to announce anything specific. Perhaps next year, but even then, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get solid details and concept art until 2017. Not that I have any sort of inside knowledge within the industry, so my opinion probably doesn't mean much but I just don't see them anouncing anything substantial this early on.

This announcement probably has something to do with gaming in some way. Nintendo will be launching some sort of an account system in North America soon so it could be that, they also might release the date of their next and last smash bros direct. Others have speculated (on gaming forums) that it may not be anything more than indie-related stuff.

Guess we will see soon enough, but I'm not expecting anything theme parks related
I know it's unlikely but it's still fun to speculate, especially since Mark Woodbury said we would hear more in the "near future" and then this comes up.

lazyboy97o

The partnership with Nintendo was not announced before work on the attractions had started development. The two most recent announcements were definitely different for Universal since they occurred before the closing of the previous attractions. The week before Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens seems like a poor time to get much attention.

JT3000

Maybe they'll announce that they're finally done peddling obsolete hardware that's an entire generation behind their competitors.

No?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom