Big News!!

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
So when I went peformed for Candlelight last night, there was a CM back there talking to us. And me and couple of other guys, started asking him questions. So me...I asked him some WDWMAGIC questions. He said that the Spaceship Earth will remain, and that there not getting rid of it. Then I asked him about the Living Seas/Finding Nemo rumor, and plans. He said "Not True". But I asked him about "Wonders of Life". "True, it's going to be open for the season. So could someone inform me what's going on with this? Thanks!

"SHOUT FOR JOY"

General Grizz

He's right with SE (by insider reports) and WOL (which was confirmed by operation management). But "Finding Nemo" is pretty much "unofficially confirmed" (ala Stitch).

AndyP

Not using Finding Nemo would be stupid imo, for such a successful film, a new ride will obviously attract people back wow WDW!

Does anyone know why the SE rumours died? Was it considered to costly with all the other constructions going on ? Or is it something that is just in the background, ready to change in perphaps the next five years ?

ANd btw, where do you guys get all this information ( and i don't mean just from CMs )? I'd love to know!

General Grizz

The rumor "died" because the original plans called for a near-gutting of the current ride system. While possible, it was insanley expensive. So, the project was put off around July, but CANCELLED August-ish based on costs.

This does not mean the ride will not change. The most solid rumor right now is "Time Racers," the proposed post-show.

A lot of it also depends on AT&T, who may or may not renew their per-year contract.

BeachClubVillas

Does anyone know why the SE rumours died? Was it considered to costly with all the other constructions going on ? Or is it something that is just in the background, ready to change in perphaps the next five years ?

Someone probably realized what a crazy idea it was! It would be like tearing down Cinderella's Castle to build a roller coaster or getting rid of It's A Small World or the Haunted Mansion.

General Grizz

I just answered your question . . .

Further information from DisneyInformer.com:

* The ride will still be called “Spaceship Earth”
* The refurbishment is part of Disney’s “Project Gemini”
* The post-show, almost Mission: Space style, will be called “Time Racers”
* The attraction will not become a roller coaster
* Screen technology will be the basis for the main ride
*Microsoft would be the corporate sponsor
* An entirely new show will replace Spaceship Earth, with the gutting of the interior of the sphere
* Plans call for the track to exit the sphere in some form at some point

Those were the cancelled plans (not sure about Time Racers). So NO, the sphere would remain. Only the ride was going to be changed.

luvorlando

It was announced on the last day of the big press event in October that something along the lines of an interactive "Crush" would be added to the Living Seas.

Shaman

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
So NO, the sphere would remain. Only the ride was going to be changed.

How about the mickey hand thing over the sphere...is that going to be removed any time soon....or maybe I shouldn't hold my breath on this one...

:lookaroun

WDWspider

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
He's right with SE (by insider reports) and WOL (which was confirmed by operation management). But "Finding Nemo" is pretty much "unofficially confirmed" (ala Stitch).

But Stitch is confirmed now and Living Seas has begun refurbishment, so...

DME

so....I'll be in WDW in January. Stitch is closed. Living Seas is open/closed? WoL may not be open. Will the Carousel and Timekeeper be open?

General Grizz

Living Seas - open with some rehab going on

WOL - Closed starting Jan 5

Food Rocks - Closed starting Jan 3

CoP/TK - probably open (unless Disney does ANOTHER cutback)

lebernadin

Yeah i would think they'd want to tackle the majority, if not all, of Project Gemini to coincide with the opening of the new section of AK where EE will be and a big marketing push to start next fall/winter-ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom