Big Group Trip Planning

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Break your big group into smaller groups of 6 and put one person in charge for each smaller group... then have those group leaders coordinate on event timing.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Disney resort hotels can get you a group rate for 10 or more rooms. You can contact their Leisure Groups Department for a quote or a travel agent can be a great help in arranging group travel.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

I wanting some tips for planning hotel, park, flight and packaging.
lol, my tip is don't do it.

This was the angst trying to put together our family reunion. (19 people)

So maybe it's because my family can't commit to a trip to Walmart and a lot of them had never been to wdw. I agree with @larryz go with a professional. first it will lead to a lot less "excuses" for payment and planning.
My family was the king and queens of "oh dear, this happen , then that happen. I'm going to be late with my payment. none of that with a TA , sort of like why you never rent to family.

next I got a lot of "last minute request" "could we change XYZ to another day?? can we change our restaurant". no matter how many times I explained that disney is not the best for making last minute changes. With a stranger, they did none of that.

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

Wow. That's a big group. You're brave.

Do like the Brazilian tour groups. Matching t-shirts, a leader with a flag, group chanting to annoy everyone around you, descend upon every attraction/quick service restaurant like a plague of locusts.... :devilish:

Actually, don't do any of that. The previous posters that mentioned travel agents and breaking up into smaller groups are right.

xdsxk.jpg

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

My main tip for touring the parks with a group - don't try to keep everyone together! Publish a plan, let people know perhaps the "park of the day" - but that is all

When we did our big family trip, we published a park of the day, which event we may meet for (parade, fireworks, etc) and usually a meal of the day. It was rare that everyone met together for every item on each day - but there were many other impromptu meetings - like a time we all walked into the food court at the same time, unplanned and from different directions, and we bought some pizzas and shared them.

The only other time all were together was at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and I believe that was because it was such a big investment.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Dang, 25 is a large group ha. I did it with 8 guys and thought that was a big of a struggle. I would definitely start by making word documents or excel sheets to start tracking everything. You'll definitely need organization for a trip like this.

Upvote 0

Clipperton1

My main tip for touring the parks with a group - don't try to keep everyone together! Publish a plan, let people know perhaps the "park of the day" - but that is all

When we did our big family trip, we published a park of the day, which event we may meet for (parade, fireworks, etc) and usually a meal of the day. It was rare that everyone met together for every item on each day - but there were many other impromptu meetings - like a time we all walked into the food court at the same time, unplanned and from different directions, and we bought some pizzas and shared them.

The only other time all were together was at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and I believe that was because it was such a big investment.

This is a great tip every year I plan for our family group of 12-18 people. I create daily schedules, including park hours, fast passes, dining reservations, etc. I print the slide and shrink down to post card size. Then laminate and attach a key ring, just attach to your back pack or cross body. I give to each family a schedule and we meet up through out the day. I do all the planning, tshirts, ADRs, fast passes, everything. Lots of excel spreadsheets and power point slides and they love it. I schedule snacks and restroom breaks, we always work in every ride, parade, show etc... it is putting my work skills to good use. In our family we are big park commandos only take breaks when we go in the summer months. When non -Disney people get a glance it absolutely terrifies them but it works for us. We honestly find having a plan helps us get our money’s worth. I have a tshirt schedule and even update where the snacks are for my kids in the park. The adults love that we added a slide on adult beverages. I consider it being efficient, they all make fun of me because we have family meetings to prep. I even post a walking schedule so no one gets tired. When we all get to the airport everyone starts asking for their plan of attack.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

This is a great tip every year I plan for our family group of 12-18 people. I create daily schedules, including park hours, fast passes, dining reservations, etc. I print the slide and shrink down to post card size. Then laminate and attach a key ring, just attach to your back pack or cross body. I give to each family a schedule and we meet up through out the day. I do all the planning, tshirts, ADRs, fast passes, everything. Lots of excel spreadsheets and power point slides and they love it. I schedule snacks and restroom breaks, we always work in every ride, parade, show etc... it is putting my work skills to good use. In our family we are big park commandos only take breaks when we go in the summer months. When non -Disney people get a glance it absolutely terrifies them but it works for us. We honestly find having a plan helps us get our money’s worth. I have a tshirt schedule and even update where the snacks are for my kids in the park. The adults love that we added a slide on adult beverages. I consider it being efficient, they all make fun of me because we have family meetings to prep. I even post a walking schedule so no one gets tired. When we all get to the airport everyone starts asking for their plan of attack.
Sounds good to me but my family would make fun of me and my "clipboard of fun"!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom