Big Chicken

cm1988

Made a wrong turn one day...

Originally posted by goofyfordisney
...A few coaster tips:

CLOSING YOUR EYES MAKES IT WORSE!...
After riding Dueling Dragons about 20 times (at another park somewhere) I decided to try Fire Dragon one time with my eyes closed. It was an interesting experience! You could really feel the gradual decrease in inertia as the ride proceeded through its various drops and loops. At the same time, the sound gradually declined in pitch and volume.

With eyes closed, it was something of a physics lesson.

OK! Now back to WDW!

If you have any doubts about riding Splash Mountain, head over to the outer bridge (in front of where the logs make their turn back towards the mountain). Look at everyone's face as they come out of the tunnel, just after that scary drop. To me, they look like they're having fun.

Good to see that.

SlideOperatorCP

DO NOT GO ON TOWER OF TERROR!

I HATE rides... I have not been able to ride any type of thrill ride ever! I get really sick and really nervous. I did the college program and had the luxury of being able to go to a park, ride a ride, and then go home and be sick. I would go and try a different ride nightly so I could say that I did it at least once.
WELLLLLLL, I have to tell you that Tower of Terror was the worst thing I could ever have done! I was FREAKING OUT! You know you are going to fall but you have no idea when, do you know how FREAKY that is? I was seriously crying as the elevator was going up cause I had no idea when it was going to happen... but I knew it was. Well then you get to fall faster then any human was ever meant to fall just to be lifted up and do it again. I held on for dear life to the bar that was placed in front of me while everyone else (who obviously hate thier lives) kept thier hands up laughing away. Do you think your friends and family will sympethetic to you? THINK AGAIN... they will laugh about "the look on your face" for years and years to come... meanwhile just the mention of the words "Tower" or "terror" will make you heart skip a beat for the next three weeks. I would never ever go back on that ride... and this was BEFORE they added all those drops!

On the other hand though...
I LOVE Splash Mountain and I rode it 9 times on my last vacation
BTMR isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's actually kind of fun
RnR isn't a walk through a park but it is over so fast that by the time your brain realizes you aren't having fun, you already have a turkey leg and in line for Millionare

I am am fully aware that the following would give me a one way ticket to Vomitville so I have yet to try: the dinosaur spin, Star Tours, Body Wars, Test Track, Dinosaur, and the tea cups and everything in Islands of Adventure.

Best of luck, take dramamine and try to save the rides that you might get sick on for later in the day so if you have to leave it won't be such a bummer. Try the water rides too.... I can do any type of ride if it has water involved... they are way less intense

Have fun

mrtoad

Originally posted by SlideOperatorCP
DO NOT GO ON TOWER OF TERROR!

I HATE rides... I have not been able to ride any type of thrill ride ever! I get really sick and really nervous. I did the college program and had the luxury of being able to go to a park, ride a ride, and then go home and be sick. I would go and try a different ride nightly so I could say that I did it at least once.
WELLLLLLL, I have to tell you that Tower of Terror was the worst thing I could ever have done! I was FREAKING OUT! You know you are going to fall but you have no idea when, do you know how FREAKY that is? I was seriously crying as the elevator was going up cause I had no idea when it was going to happen... but I knew it was. Well then you get to fall faster then any human was ever meant to fall just to be lifted up and do it again. I held on for dear life to the bar that was placed in front of me while everyone else (who obviously hate thier lives) kept thier hands up laughing away. Do you think your friends and family will sympethetic to you? THINK AGAIN... they will laugh about "the look on your face" for years and years to come... meanwhile just the mention of the words "Tower" or "terror" will make you heart skip a beat for the next three weeks. I would never ever go back on that ride... and this was BEFORE they added all those drops!

On the other hand though...
I LOVE Splash Mountain and I rode it 9 times on my last vacation
BTMR isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's actually kind of fun
RnR isn't a walk through a park but it is over so fast that by the time your brain realizes you aren't having fun, you already have a turkey leg and in line for Millionare

I am am fully aware that the following would give me a one way ticket to Vomitville so I have yet to try: the dinosaur spin, Star Tours, Body Wars, Test Track, Dinosaur, and the tea cups and everything in Islands of Adventure.

Best of luck, take dramamine and try to save the rides that you might get sick on for later in the day so if you have to leave it won't be such a bummer. Try the water rides too.... I can do any type of ride if it has water involved... they are way less intense

Have fun

Well I am sure that rjmagic16 is going right on ToT now! :animwink:

rjmagic16

Original Poster
Thanks for the Great advice I think I will try and recite the Pledge
that is going to be funny to try. I keep looking on this site at the ride videos trying to psych myself up. I will definitely have motion sickness pills.

I remember the first time I did the Astro Orbitor I tried to close my eyes and almost freaked out with that. I think I will try the BTMR also. IT is time to Face my Evil fears. I will be sure to post the ride pic so you can all have a great laugh

Goofyfanatic

This is a post I am meant to reply. I am a big chicken as well...if anyone cannot handle a thrill ride it's me...and still hates the big thrill rides at any other theme park, but when it comes to Disney I have tried them all except any new attartions as of this year. There is only one ride I will never do again on WDW property...that is TOT. That is due to my huge height phobia..and great fear of falling...this ride plays on all my biggest fears..not fun. I also don't care if I ever ride space Mountain again...although I can handle this better then most coasters at any other theme park..I feel it jostlles you around to much..very rough...plus I think it is overrated....not on par with disney standard...basically just a coaster in the dark. I actually did enjoy RNRC to my surprise..it was pure terror watching the limos take off while I was in the cue...but once on I loved it...maybe the Aerosmith music took my mind off the ride itself or something...I still don't recommend this ride for the non thrill seekers it is a seriosu ride...I would never push someone to ride it...you should have fun while staying in the world. However I think most people could handle BTMR and splash Mountain if given the chance. BTMR is about as tame as a rollercoaster gets..no huge drops...you don't feel so high with the mountain all around you...and it's top speed is only 25 MPH. Plus Splash mountain there is a lot more then just the final drop...your missing a good show. And the drop happens so fast..then it's over. As far as Test track...if you have ever driven on a highway you can handle it. Thats all it is...Highway driving in a convertible.

I plan on Taking my girlfriend who has never been to WDW. She also dislikes thrill rides..I just hope she is willing to give splash mountain and BTMR a try...AS far as TOT, RNRC, and SM are concerned I am going to advise against it.

Punkss

At least these rides are doing their jobs, its called Tower of Terror after all! :lol:

Wouldn't be so cool if it was called the Tower of Not Really That Scary.

Anyway i remember some rides here in the UK, one called The Vampire Ride (you ride in a bat suspened from above), I was about 13 and terrified of it but i went on late one day and then was scared but really enjoyed it. And then kept on going on it and went on about 3 times in a row. so i always endeavour to try a ride at least once!

RnRCJohn

about a year ago i was afraid of anything that wen't upsidedown. I did the Hulk Coaster at IOA as my first one (goes upsidedown 7 times, 65 mph, 0 - 40 in 2 seconds) and through the first loop i was so scared and after it was done the WHOLE ride i was shouting "THIS IS AWESOME THIS IS AWESOME!" I love it and now i am a rollercoaster freak and do any ride, its not as bad as your mind makes you think, you can do it!

John

RnRCJohn

Oh yeah, i took my mom on barnstormer and she almost chickened out but i told her it would be alright and she was screaming before it even did anything but she ended up loving it and made me go on 2 more times!

John

Polyman

Big Chicken - BTMRR is one of the best coasters at WDW, just as many of the other posters had mentioned. It would be perfect for someone like you who is not sure. Since you wrote that you would be visiting in October, it's too bad you won't be able to ride it. It's closed for rehab until 3rd week in November!:(

rjmagic16

Original Poster
Yes that is My excuse closed for rehab, ha ha a reprieve for that ride. In all seriousness I will do splash mountain I keep saying that everyday as I look in the mirror.:lol:

I can't wait to scream my head off and Have my son look at me like I am a fool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom