Big changes to magicbands?!

elliepixie

It's suggested that each person only have a maximum of 8 Bands/Cards active on their account at any one time. Some systems, especially the doors locks, can get overloaded when trying to keep track of too many serial numbers. So one way to combat that is to limit yourself to 7 or 8 active at one time.

-Rob
Thank you for this information. I never had issues before, but now that my account reached about 9-10 active magicbands per family member I started to run into problems. We just came back from our trip and had issues with the door locks, like you said. The cast member de-activated and re-activated all of them but we still had issues with some of them. Good thing that they felt bad about the whole situation (I wasn't really showing I was mad or anything...) and they wanted to change us to another room at the end of the day (we had unpacked already..) so they offered to upgrade us to Deluxe accommodations. We were staying at Caribbean Beach, but they upgraded us to the Poly!!!!! it was awesome actually, so yeah for non working magicbands ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's why I said just iOS and probably just watchOS. It doesn't have to be forced on Disneygoers but assuming Apple can make it available, having the option would be cool.

But who knows, could be a total disaster. I could be over estimating the intelligence of many people. I think Disney already did that to a certain extent with MM+ and the bands. :facepalm: Not so much now but more so at the beginning.

You would get people going up to customer relations with their Android phones asking why it doesn't work with their IPhone.

No Name

Was confusing to me at first glance, because I thought that they were replacing the convenient band with an inconvenient hockey-esque puck.

But after reading this, if I'm understanding correctly, I actually like the sound of it. Only thing is the puck thing won't work with the current bands, so people who have a collection might be a bit upset. That's nearly all the harm I can see in this, apart from any technical issues.

Oh, and if they decide to call it a MagicBand+... they will hear from me. ;)

DinoInstitute

They need to start working towards linking this to NFC for iPhones, Apple Watches, Android Phones and Watches, etc.

I should be able to tap my phone to enter.
I don't know if it will work, but I've always thought about putting my card (I don't use a magic band) in my phone case and seeing if it's close enough to just tap from there :p

lazyboy97o

I don't know if it will work, but I've always thought about putting my card (I don't use a magic band) in my phone case and seeing if it's close enough to just tap from there :p
I tried that with my iPhone 6s and it did not work. When the phone was placed near the reader it pulled up Apple Pay and the card would not read. I've thought about trying to find the chip in the card, remove it, and attach it to my watch.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I tried that with my iPhone 6s and it did not work. When the phone was placed near the reader it pulled up Apple Pay and the card would not read. I've thought about trying to find the chip in the card, remove it, and attach it to my watch.

Really? I use this one with my 6s+ and have zero issues with it.

SPK-A3184_ip6p_cs-card.jpg

Biff215

Thank you for this information. I never had issues before, but now that my account reached about 9-10 active magicbands per family member I started to run into problems. We just came back from our trip and had issues with the door locks, like you said. The cast member de-activated and re-activated all of them but we still had issues with some of them. Good thing that they felt bad about the whole situation (I wasn't really showing I was mad or anything...) and they wanted to change us to another room at the end of the day (we had unpacked already..) so they offered to upgrade us to Deluxe accommodations. We were staying at Caribbean Beach, but they upgraded us to the Poly!!!!! it was awesome actually, so yeah for non working magicbands ;)
Sweet! I also didn't complain while we had issues at check-in at BCV, and the CM gave us a $75 credit which was really nice. Wonder how much this is happening?

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I know, seems to be an issue with Apple Pay and security surrounding it because of the single NFC chip. I guess I should have said, once the ability is there, there's no reason why people shouldn't be able to use their Apple Watch. :)
They could do what Starbucks does with its app. They wouldn't have to use NFC at all. I'm sure Disney could come up with something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom