News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

IMDREW

Were they also so all over the place and indecisive when the DCA overhaul began? Or did they have a clear vision for that one?

trainplane3

*Sad Innoventions music intensifies*
9n1U0v9.jpg

Sharon&Susan

Were they also so all over the place and indecisive when the DCA overhaul began? Or did they have a clear vision for that one?
They laid out everything pretty well in 2007 when they announced the big fix to DCA in 2007. See this press release:
A lot did get cut such as the Walt Disney Story in the Carthay Circle Theater, frequent ticketed events for Disney talent in Hollywood Land and a Little Mermaid playground mentioned in that press release. There were also plans for Grizzly Peak Airfield, a finished version of Hollywoodland, A fully rethemed Muppets theater playing Mickey Phillarmagic, and a Cars version of the Sci Fi Drive In were either shown through associated concept materials or mentioned through other press release.
They were all either cancelled or were temporarily shelved for a "phase 2" that never really happened with the exception of Grizzly Peak Airfield.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That picture is actually selling me on the new pole-lights a little bit.
Personally, they don't look bad in person and the light level is just fine. Not blinding like some were thinking.

I saw them in person this past week. They wash out your view of the park since they are at eye level shoving photons into your eyes. Those poles are the temporary lighting of the devil.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I saw them in person this past week. They wash out your view of the park since they are at eye level shoving photons into your eyes. Those poles are the temporary lighting of the devil.
I'll pass through again in a few days. Maybe my wonderful messed up eye made them better for me haha!
I'm yet to see them in person. Maybe they are bothersome for tall people? If that is the case, I'm safe! 😄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's not that they're so tall or so low, they're lights that put out light in all directions. If you're walking that path and look out toward World Showcase, they are necessarily in your field of view.

It'd be like being under a parking lot light and trying to look up at the stars.

They could have just as easily put in low lights with a cap that shown only downward.

trainplane3

So I passed back through tonight. They didn't really bother me and I was focusing on them. I get the complaints and wouldn't be against a different lighting solution though.
Standing about 2 feetish away and taking a picture at face level:
KJFvaRQ.jpg

Turning left:
coHwRpG.jpg

And looking at the newer lights over by TT:
RI6UE9V.jpg

Also keep in mind that I'm running a higher then normal exposure on my phone so it could be making them look brighter then normal.

In one of the Epcot threads, it was brought up how dirty Imagination is. I grabbed a picture tonight:
ALMcxNX.jpg

Ya...it's grimy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom