News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

Are they still building the "Interactive Fountain? or has that been axed along with the Table Building, the Wishing Tree, Mary Poppins Attraction and the Spaceship Earth refurb?

Bocabear

Quite frankly the Wishing Tree looked more like something you would find in the Animal Kingdom...
1633529914237.png

and where were they planting that old growth forest it is located in? lol
kind of a strange concept to begin with....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They don’t need splash pads anymore, they have the Play! pav… oh wait…

We would plan on our kids playing in those when at Epcot in years gone by. Make way for the future, right? That’s square footage that would be better used to generate revenue. 🙄

Honestly, this feels like Disney making space for a future money grab booth or kiosk. This walkway sees more foot traffic than both other paths to World Showcase combined, so it makes sense.
So anytime Disney adds a kiosk, it's a money grab? What if they add a new restaurant? Is that a money grab too?

Unless you were frolicking in the splash pad quite regularly, I'm fairly certain that adding a new kiosk that may end up serving/selling something that people actually enjoy, will be just fine.

You went negative for no reason.

JohnD

So anytime Disney adds a kiosk, it's a money grab? What if they add a new restaurant? Is that a money grab too?

Unless you were frolicking in the splash pad quite regularly, I'm fairly certain that adding a new kiosk that may end up serving/selling something that people actually enjoy, will be just fine.

I’m not a doom and gloomier by any stretch but if you’re honest the answer is “yes”. Perhaps you prefer a more palatable phrase such as a new “revenue stream.” Kiosks and restaurants generate revenue.

I’m not a doom and gloomier by any stretch but if you’re honest the answer is “yes”. Perhaps you prefer a more palatable phrase such as a new “revenue stream.” Kiosks and restaurants generate revenue.
"Revenue stream" and "money grab" have altogether different connotations.

The use of "money grab", in the original post was quite intentional. "Revenue stream" could not be substituted without entirely changing the tone, and intention, of the post.

JohnD

"Revenue stream" and "money grab" have altogether different connotations.

The use of "money grab", in the original post was quite intentional. "Revenue stream" could not be substituted without entirely changing the tone, and intention, of the post.
Which both mean the same thing. You put in kiosks and restaurants to do what? Offer food and drink in exchange for money. The poster seemed incredulous this could actually happen at a Disney park.

James Alucobond

Kiosks also potentially offer additional convenience for guests, depending on the contents. Putting some sort of essential service here would be nice since it’s a long stretch without much else. As always, depends on how they utilize the space.

Soluna16

All threads on this forum are full of microaggressions like this. You see people say negative things about literally anything that's done just because the person doesn't agree with any changes.

Disstevefan1

It's not negative, its reality.
The splash pads provided only enjoyment but not only did these not make money, but there are costs to maintain them.

And besides that that Adding more food booths is a positive for the $hareholder ; 🤑

jeanericuser001

I guess they are planning on reusing this at the moana section and trying to pretend its a new feature. Its amazing how often people try to pass off old things as new things.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I guess they are planning on reusing this at the moana section and trying to pretend its a new feature. Its amazing how often people try to pass off old things as new things.
Nothing from that splash pad will be used in Journey of Water, which is not a splash pad, unless they need a spare pipe somewhere.

Note that the 'dancing fountains' outside the Seeing Eye Theater is also not a splash pad. And Fountain of Nations was not a splash pad. And the water dripping down all around you in Rainforest Café is not a splash pad.

Journey of Water is not a splash pad.

But thanks for your fact free dig at Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom