Big air travel shake-up for UK visitors flying to Orlando

richiejv

It has also been updated on the MCO site which suggest Oct. 6

I see MCO's website says BA's Heathrow-Orlando flights are restarting on September 1st. Has that always been there or is it new? Wonder if this is MCO speculating or having some info about opening up...

Q_Division

I see MCO's website says BA's Heathrow-Orlando flights are restarting on September 1st. Has that always been there or is it new? Wonder if this is MCO speculating or having some info about opening up...

I spotted that too. I did check BA's site and I can still book for Sept. so whilst I suspect it's speculation that it will happen both BA and MCO seem to be on the same page at least.

Indy_UK

I think i'll be flying BA from now on from Gatwick. I can't stand Heathrow airport so would rather just change airline. Disappointing that Norwegian have stopped their route to Orlando too

nickys

Premium Member
I think i'll be flying BA from now on from Gatwick. I can't stand Heathrow airport so would rather just change airline. Disappointing that Norwegian have stopped their route to Orlando too
Neither is necessarily a permanent change. If Norwegian is still viable after all this I would think Orlando would be a prime destination for them.

But only when people can fly there. Stands to reason they have cancelled the route for now.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

bennyw01

BA outta LHR is the safest option right now, LGW will be slower to return for all long haul.
Anyone got anything booked for this summer yet?

richiejv

BA outta LHR is the safest option right now, LGW will be slower to return for all long haul.
Anyone got anything booked for this summer yet?

Flights to Florida booked for September. Originally meant to go last year but funnily enough couldn’t make it. Disney have extended our park tickets to Sept 26th so we can’t leave it any longer than that. Fingers crossed!

bennyw01

Flights to Florida booked for September. Originally meant to go last year but funnily enough couldn’t make it. Disney have extended our park tickets to Sept 26th so we can’t leave it any longer than that. Fingers crossed!
Ive booked in for August, just worried its too close to call it, postponed a couple of times now! looking like we are gonna have to pay the extra to extend the ultimate tickets into next year worst comes to worst.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Ive booked in for August, just worried its too close to call it, postponed a couple of times now! looking like we are gonna have to pay the extra to extend the ultimate tickets into next year worst comes to worst.

We booked in the opposite direction for October and December (IAD-LHR-GOT/GOT-LHR-IAD, and IAD-BRU/BRU-IAD).

Let's see what happens.

Kyledychchi

Got 2 weeks at the start of September booked, I’ll 100% be moving it ! Unfortunately that’s not what we want to do but I don’t think the full cost will warrant the experience for those travelling with us for the first time !

richiejv

Hate to say it but I think people need to write off this year too. Least next year normality should start to resume
Admittedly I might be clutching at straws a little, but I disagree. With talk today of the vaccine rate in the UK going up to 4-5m a week and the USA doing pretty well too, I wouldn’t rule out a travel corridor opening up between the two.

I’d be writing off anything in the first half of the year still (July and August are probably tricky too) but beyond that I think there’s a pretty good chance.

Robbiem

Think it's down to individual families too.

Disney seem to think Masks and distancing will be in place at least until 2022 which is not an experience I want to have, so I'll just wait
I agree. I really want to travel again but I want to do it safely and freely. Traveling this year with masks, testing and potentially quarantine on return to the UK isn’t something want to risk.
I’d rather wait it out another year and have a better experience hopefully in 2022

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I haven’t paid too close attention to this..
But isn’t the problem quarantine rules when getting back home to Europe?…not “getting into the US”?

nickys

Premium Member
I haven’t paid too close attention to this..
But isn’t the problem quarantine rules when getting back home to Europe?…not “getting into the US”?
The U.K. has a complicated “traffic light” system, which is being simplified a little.

Other European countries have different rules, I think France has just closed its borders to anyone from the US again.

Returning to the U.K. from a red list country means compulsory quarantine in a specific hotel. Everywhere else involves a mixture of PCR tests and / or quarantining at home. The US is currently an Amber list country.

But the US has refused to allow anyone except US citizens in if they have been in the U.K., Europe or various other places in the previous 14 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom