Biergarten...yea or nay?

righttrack

It's an Oktoberfest experience and for those who haven't the chance to attend one, it's great. Food quality is good, and like others said, it's great if you are seated with nice people, not so great if you are seated with people with a chip on their shoulder.

Phonedave

If it was not located in WDW, then I would say it is way overpriced. But, seeing as it is in WDW, it is priced right in line with everything else (which is all vastly overpriced)

The food is decent German-American fare. Nothing outlandish or outside of most mainstream American tastes (At least I think it is pretty middle-of-the-road, others may think it is crazy adventurous).

As others have said, the seating can be hit or miss. Even when it is a miss and your table mates are not the most interactive, it is not too had to just deal with it. I have never had any downright rude table mates. The entertainment and atmosphere makes it fun.

It is a buffet, so take that for what it's worth, food quality-wise and presentation-wise.

If you have never been, I say go. It won't be horrible, and you may enjoy it. If there was a place like it around here, I would go ever so often, provided of course that the price was corrected to match non-WDW price points.

-dave

m steve

Biergarten is one of our favorites. We always make it a point to go here. We had lunch there last week and it was first rate as it always is.

S. Paridon

It's a lot of fun. The German food, of which I am a fan, is pretty good. The beer is excellent, and cold, and the music is fun. The surroundings are great and its a great place to take the kids and let them get loud and burn off more energy during dinner time.

Disneydreamer23

I tried this back in 2008 and didn't like it. I heard that the food has gotten alot better but I can't get over that you sit with other people. I will go if my parents dine there so I can sit with just us. I get anxiety eating so close to people I don't know!

snoop-a-loop

Assume as a party of 7 we would have a good chance not sharing a table? Trying to decide if we should do "yet another buffet" for lunch or go to our standby Via Napoli. This sounds like it could be a fun experience to try some different things.

geebee721

Original Poster
We decided to try it out and go for lunch. It sounds like a lot of fun...plus I was sold with pretzel rolls and 1/2 litrers of beer! lol Thanks everyone for the input...I'll let you know how it was...58 more days! :):):)

BoarderPhreak

Being German, I've been in this place more times (since the 80s) than I can remember... Never disappoints. The food is good, but I wouldn't say great - nature of the buffet style serving. The beer is lovely, as is the entertainment. Definitely worth trying at least once.

LSUxStitch

If you are a meat and potatoes type of person, book it.

Wife and I enjoyed it last year when we went, plus I like the idea of sharing a table with others, but I'm also a bit of a talker...

Sage of Time

If you are a meat and potatoes type of person, book it.

Wife and I enjoyed it last year when we went, plus I like the idea of sharing a table with others, but I'm also a bit of a talker...
I found the salad and greens that they have, nice, too. Always start out with a fairly large salad.

216bruce

Great atmosphere, good beer (not up there with Hofbrau Haus), but pretty good. If you live somewhere that doesn't have a 'real' German restaurant then it's a solid alternative or intro to German food. It is pretty cool to sit with other folks but it does creep some people out. We always have a great time with whoever we've sat and dined with. The buffet is pretty varied and has something for everyone- even if you are a 'meat and potatoes' only type. Prost!

ryguy

We just tried this for the first time in December, our whole family liked it. We have two boys 8 and 11 and they liked it. We are pretty picky eaters but we left happy. It's at least worth a try ;) have fun!!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Atmosphere was awesome! Beer was good...but waiting in line for food...and then much of the food being cold...was pretty disappointing. May try it again...but it will be a while.

yedliW

It was one of my first dinners at WDW on my first trip (our honeymoon) a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. I tried just about everything on the buffet, and some was very good, others once was enough. We got lucky, and had 2 nice groups sitting with us, and elderly couple and a young family with young (under 5yo) kids.

I like to try everything (and I don't like to duplicate while there are so many unexplored places), so I haven't been back, but would, once we have hit everywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom