Bicycling at WDW.

epcotisbest

I know you can rent bikes at the WL and at FW, and ride the paths there. Can you bring your own bikes? The reason I ask this is after multiple surgeries, I can no longer ride a conventional bicycle. I have a Rans recumbent, that is kinda big and bulky, but I can at least ride it comfortably.

Are there other places you know of that are good places to ride? The roads there are out of the question, of course. And if not at WDW, anyone have any suggestions for places to bicycle outside of the World?
Thanks,
Ricky

tigsmom

I've seen people arrive with their own bicycles, but I don't remember seeing any being used. (we usually stay at the WL).
Maybe a call to your resort might help. :wave:

Upvote 0

charliez

Taking a bike to Wilderness Lodge - where to ride/lock up?

I'm thinking about taking my bike along when we stay at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge this summer, but wonder about decent roads to ride. Any first-hand experiences/recommednations out there? Also, does any one know if there any facilities to lock up your bike at the Wilderness Lodge? (I'd rather not take it into our room!)

Upvote 0

mrsswat

biking

We have taken our bikes to Disney on several occasions. Old Key West, locked the bikes to a building pole, right outside our door. Of course we were on a ground floor that year. We were there over a week and not once did anyone bother us about them being in the way, etc. Wilderness Lodge YES!! You can take the trail into Fort Wilderness and bike all thru that resort! Of all the resorts (other than Fort Wilderness) this is probably the best one to take your own bike to. The only thing is, there is no place to keep them, other than on the bike rack on your car. That's what we did, and just went and got them when we wanted to bike. Wasn't a problem at all, and was probably easier than trying to get the bikes into our room. It's easy!! And enjoyable!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom