Bibbidi bobbidi boutique

Cara1210

I've booked a reservation for my daughter here during our vacation in Aug.. My question is:
Is the Castle package worth the $$$, or should we buy the costume at home and bring it. My thought is that it might take away from the whole experience if she doesn't get to pick it out right there, but I would appreciate any opinions and personal experiences. Thanks in advance:)

I did a lot of research on this, so you might want to check previous posts. I knew we were for sure going to do the coach or crown packages, but was unsure about the castle due to price. This is what I found out:

The dresses are, I'm told, a better quality than most for other stores.

It is suppose to be a good deal it you add up the cost to purchase every piece separately at the WOD, so if you are thinking of doing that then get the castle package.

You get the photo shoot with the castle package.

Don't worry about it taking away from the experience if you bring your own dress. Many people do that and I'm told the Fairy godmothers in training still make it a wonderful experience and most kids don't notice they are not getting a dress at the store.

Many people said they went in only planning to get the the crown package, but once they got there their DD wanted a dress so they upgraded. That is the main reasons why we decided to spend the money on the castle package. I wanted a better quality dress since DD where them all the time. I also knew once we got to the WOD she would be determined to get a dress. I also like the photo package. To me I see it a lot like Glamor Shots for kids except here you get to keep the dress. My DD is going next Tues, so when we get back I will give a trip update.

Also if you go to Youtube and do a search there are a few videos of the experience. It is ultimately up to you and your DD and your preference. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

My daughter was a flower girl last year before we went to disney. The dress was a mini of the bridal gown and after the wedding she used it in her "dress-up" box. ANYWAY...When we went to the Bippity Boppity Boutique, we took that instead of a princess gown. She was the best dressed princess there! She was a flower girl again this year, and we are going to do the same thing.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

Does anyone know off hand how much the castle package is? I am still deciding which package to do when we go in 10 days...At first I couldnt see spending that much money, but now I am leaning towards the splurge!!

Upvote 0

becca-becca

We went in January of this year. Both of my daughter's did BBB before we went to the 1st Pirate and Princess Party. We brought our on dresses which I purchased from the Disney Store on sale. They were the deluxe dresses which normally cost about $80, but the girls received them for Christmas presents (~$40 each). The Fairy Godmother's in Training really like their dresses and asked where we had gotten them. I said Disney Store and they said that Disney Store always gets better dresses than they have at their store. They said they wish the dresses they had were better.
Anyway, we had really great dresses and they did not mind at all putting them on there. We got the basic package and it was great. We will go again next year.

Also, I don't know how the photo shoot works, but if it goes on your Disney Photo Pass card, you can buy the Photo CD online at home (or I think at Disney) when your trip is over and have all of your BBB photos plus all of your entire trip Photo Pass Photos for about $130.00.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Does anyone know off hand how much the castle package is? I am still deciding which package to do when we go in 10 days...At first I couldnt see spending that much money, but now I am leaning towards the splurge!!
The least expensive pkg. is $35.00 & the most expensive is $175.00
I think there is one in-between.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Cara1210

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everyone. I can't wait to see the look on my daughter's face when she gets to go. Last year we didn't know about it, and she wanted to do it so badly when she saw it, but we couldn't get her in while we were there. Only 84 days to go!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

SweetPea

We did BBB for our DD(4) this past December and she loved it. We did the Crown package and she was perfectly happy with that. She was more interested in the hair than the dresses anyway. As far as the photo shoot goes, we just went to the location of the photo shoot after we were done and walked right in. They took about 20 pictures of her and they went right on our Photo Pass card, so this is not limited to girls who do the Castle package. If memory serves me correctly, though, with the Castle package you get a certain number of prints in a keepsake photo thing. Regarding pricing, I read on allears.net that the package pricing was going to go up sometime around the time the new location opens in the castle so keep that in mind. Also, the Castle package pricing "starts" at $175.00 and can go up depending on what she picks out. We're going again this year in Oct. and I actually bought her a Sleeping Beauty deluxe costume on Ebay for about half of what it would cost at the Disney Store.

Upvote 0

hartj5

I bought the dress, shoes, tiara and wand on Disney.com last year around Halloween. Everything was on sale. I think I got everything for around $35-40 and gave it to my daughter as a Christmas gift. I thought her dress was actually nicer than some of the dresses you could purchase there. Plus she loved getting a gift from "Cinderella" under the Christmas tree. She got her hair and makeup done. Then went for her photo shoot. After that, we went to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. I would do it all again. Everything was wonderful. She was the first one on the Boutique that day and felt very special. If you make reservations for the BBB in MK, make them for early in the am before the park opens. You will get amazing pictures on Main Street or in front of the castle before the park is crowded.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We went a few years ago and did the middle package. They already had dresses, so we used those. We did look at the dresses there, but we didn't think the quality was very good.

For anyone living in the UK the Disney dresses in Marks and Spencers are much nicer quality, and they are usually about £20 ($40) each. Last Christmas, I bought my daughter 2 Enchanted dresses, one was the white wedding dress, and the other was a reversible dress, which was like two of the other dresses in the film.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/p...5504-5596766?ie=UTF8&n=46441031&mnSBrand=core

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/p...5504-5596766?ie=UTF8&n=44073030&mnSBrand=core

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I posted this in another thread about the BBB, but at the risk of repeating myself :lol:, here goes. You may very well find that your little one gets tired of that beautiful but oh-so-scratchy costume after a few hours in the park, so you might want to bring along a t-shirt, shorts and sneakers for her to change into.

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0
We went a few years ago and did the middle package. They already had dresses, so we used those. We did look at the dresses there, but we didn't think the quality was very good.

For anyone living in the UK the Disney dresses in Marks and Spencers are much nicer quality, and they are usually about £20 ($40) each. Last Christmas, I bought my daughter 2 Enchanted dresses, one was the white wedding dress, and the other was a reversible dress, which was like two of the other dresses in the film.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/p...5504-5596766?ie=UTF8&n=46441031&mnSBrand=core

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/p...5504-5596766?ie=UTF8&n=44073030&mnSBrand=core

Ohhhhhh, those are absolutely darling! I never thought to check there for Disney items (although I ALWAYS stop at the UK Disney Stores!). I'll be heading back to London this summer, so I'll definitely pay a visit to the nearest M & S.

We have BBB ressies on Halloween (in the morning) and I'd love to get something a little different.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I've booked a reservation for my daughter here during our vacation in Aug.. My question is:
Is the Castle package worth the $$$, or should we buy the costume at home and bring it. My thought is that it might take away from the whole experience if she doesn't get to pick it out right there, but I would appreciate any opinions and personal experiences. Thanks in advance:)
My daughter went in 2007 & had a great time.
We did the smaller Coach Package w/ the hair & make-up only.
I dressed her in a comfortable cotton dress so that she could walk around the park not feel miserable.
It was an experience that we will never forget!
I highly recommend it - at least once.
She has opted to try the Wonderland Tea Party this year.
:) :wave:

Upvote 0

MaeMaesMagic

Me, My Mom, My Neice & Nephew Went This Past Jan And Had Talked About Bbb Before But Thought My Not Quite A Princess Niece Wouldn Want To So We Scratched It. Then About 3 Days Into Our Trip See Started Noticing The Girls From Bbb. So Needless To Say I Made A Reservation That Night From Our Room. I Had No Problem Getting A Resvr In The Castle. We Didnt Do The Dress Thing But It Was Such A Great Time, She Choose The The Rainbow Hair Do Tha Twas All Teesed Out And Drew Attention For Miles!! The Fairy Godmothers In Training Were Fabulous Too They Treated Her Like See Was The Only Girl In The Whole Room!!! Also Photopass Was There Walking Around Snapping Pics Of All The Girls Randomly Through The Room!!

Upvote 0

disneymom08

We are leaving for WDW a week from tomorrow. We have a reservation at the BBB and can't wait. Does anyone know which princess costumes are available? My daughter was asking about Pocahantas and Jasmine. We are going for the castle package because I will be using our Disney Rewards card.

Upvote 0

stmize

We are leaving for WDW a week from tomorrow. We have a reservation at the BBB and can't wait. Does anyone know which princess costumes are available? My daughter was asking about Pocahantas and Jasmine. We are going for the castle package because I will be using our Disney Rewards card.

MY DD DID THE CASTLE PACKAGE IN DEC 07 AND PICKED JASMINE. SHE LOVED IT. BUT WE DID THIS AT THE CASTLE AND IT WAS SO COLD THAT DAY SHE WORE A JACKET ALL DAY. SO I FELT LIKE WE WASTED $200. BUT THEN THE LOOK ON HER FACE IN THE PHOTO SHOOT MADE IT ALL WORTH IT. I DIDN'T SEE POCAHANTAS THO. BUT YOU COULD BUY THIS AND TAKE IT WITH. MY DD WANTS TO BE ALICE IN WONDERLAND. SO WE PLAN TO BUY IT AT THE BOARDWALK AND TAKE WITH US TO BBB.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom