Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique....reservation Help (first timer)

Michelle Angela

It is going to be our first time visit in WDW. My husband and I in our mid 30's, our son 14yrs old and our daughter will celebrate her 7th bday in WDW. The trip is a surprise for my daughter and we are planning to tell her the day that we are leaving. We just book our trip 3rd wk of sept(i know it's too late) and we will be there 11/17-11/20. BBB is one of the must have that I'm hoping to get a reservation but I didn't know that i have to book 6 months in advance to get a spot in MK. The CM told me to call again a week before our scheduled trip and there might be chances that I can get a spot if somebody cancel. What our the chances that I will get a spot in BBB in MK? Is it possible? Please help and thanks in advance...

Michelle Angela

Original Poster
Do you have to do mk DtD is easier to get into I'm sure!

I was lucky enough to get a 1:30pm reservation in DtD on the 19th, the day of my daughter's bday. Our park sched that day is MK. We will only rely on disney buses to get from one park/resort to another. I am thinking, we will waste a lot of time travelling to MK then DtD and back to MK again. And MK is only open till 7pm that day. Our trip is only from 11/17-11/20.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I'm not sure about BBB, but I know a lot of people have a good amount of luck getting last minute dining reservations. You never know when people will cancel their trip or switch days around so I'd keep checking back to see if anything has opened up. If not, try BBB at Downtown Disney and see if they have an early reservation available where you'd be able to go there, grab something for breakfast, and then head to MK.

Upvote 0

Sabrina D

Hi Michelle,
First off, your question about the chances of getting a last minute reservation at BBB-MK from a cancellation...... it is possible, we managed this on our last trip.......but it's not likely. It was a total fluke for us and we happened to be right there when someone called to cancel an appointment ten minutes before hand. It was so random. Everyone wants an appointment there, and everyone is constantly checking for those last minute spots. It could happen for you but I would never count on it.

Secondly, your current appointment at BBB-DTD at 1:30....... if you must rely on the buses I can see it possible that you'd arrive on Main Street as late as 4:30. With MK closing at 7:00 on your day, this really wouldn't be worth it. It is possible that you'd get there a bit earlier IF your daughter's appointment starts exactly on time, IF all decisions about hair, costume etc are concrete ahead of time, IF the bus is waiting for you when you're ready to go, IF the security check and entry lines at MK aren't backed up, IF no one needs a break for the bathroom or water or a snack.

That's a lot of IFs. If it were me, I'd considering skipping the BBB. Yes, it's fun and it's special but your child is already going to be blown away by this surprise trip. Maybe avoiding a stressful, rushed situation in favor of having a full morning and afternoon to just enjoy Magic Kingdom is a better way to go? On a first trip there is soooo much to see and do. Your daughter is going to have a great birthday just by being there.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Something else to consider ~ there are no direct buses from MK to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs (and vice versa). You need to go from MK to a resort to catch a bus and then reverse the process, which could add substantial travel time to your day.

Upvote 0

Sabrina D

Something else to consider ~ there are no direct buses from MK to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs (and vice versa). You need to go from MK to a resort to catch a bus and then reverse the process, which could add substantial travel time to your day.
This is true. The quickest way using only bus transportation would be to walk to the bus stop at The Contemporary from Magic Kingdom and then take the bus from there to Downtown Disney. Reverse it for the return, taking a bus from DTD back to The Contemporary and then walk back to MK. The walk between CR and MK is like ten minutes or less.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michelle Angela

Original Poster
Hi Michelle,
First off, your question about the chances of getting a last minute reservation at BBB-MK from a cancellation...... it is possible, we managed this on our last trip.......but it's not likely. It was a total fluke for us and we happened to be right there when someone called to cancel an appointment ten minutes before hand. It was so random. Everyone wants an appointment there, and everyone is constantly checking for those last minute spots. It could happen for you but I would never count on it.

Secondly, your current appointment at BBB-DTD at 1:30....... if you must rely on the buses I can see it possible that you'd arrive on Main Street as late as 4:30. With MK closing at 7:00 on your day, this really wouldn't be worth it. It is possible that you'd get there a bit earlier IF your daughter's appointment starts exactly on time, IF all decisions about hair, costume etc are concrete ahead of time, IF the bus is waiting for you when you're ready to go, IF the security check and entry lines at MK aren't backed up, IF no one needs a break for the bathroom or water or a snack.

That's a lot of IFs. If it were me, I'd considering skipping the BBB. Yes, it's fun and it's special but your child is already going to be blown away by this surprise trip. Maybe avoiding a stressful, rushed situation in favor of having a full morning and afternoon to just enjoy Magic Kingdom is a better way to go? On a first trip there is soooo much to see and do. Your daughter is going to have a great birthday just by being there.
That's what I thought. I still didn't cancel the reservation just in case we have a change of plan. Hopefully we can get a BBB in MK. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Lexi

You can always take a cab between downtown and MK if you're worried about wasting time traveling between the two. At least once a trip we end up taking a cab somewhere, this seems like it might be a good time for you to take one. The most we have ever paid for a cab within Disney property was $12.

Upvote 0

cmoliver68

Don't want to get your hopes up, but I took my daughter to MK on August 16 and we were there at park opening. We saw the opening show, walked in, and took one of the Main Street vehicles to the castle. My daughter asked if we could go to BBB to see if we could get in. I knew it would be impossible but to make her happy we walked over. She walked up to the counter and asked if they had any appointments for that day. To our surprise, they said they could take us right then, even though every chair was full and people were waiting. We were in and out in time for our fast pass at 9:45. August 16 still had summer crowds so I would think November would be a bit slower. If it were the following week then I would say you don't have a chance but being the week before Thanksgiving maybe it won't be bad.

I know one other poster suggested to possibly skip it but I would say to do it if you can. We are AP holders and are in the parks all the time. My daughter is 9 and has asked for several years but I didn't want to do it. I have to say that as a 46 year old male I had tears in my eyes the entire time seeing how much she loved this experience.

Upvote 0

Michelle Angela

Original Poster
Don't want to get your hopes up, but I took my daughter to MK on August 16 and we were there at park opening. We saw the opening show, walked in, and took one of the Main Street vehicles to the castle. My daughter asked if we could go to BBB to see if we could get in. I knew it would be impossible but to make her happy we walked over. She walked up to the counter and asked if they had any appointments for that day. To our surprise, they said they could take us right then, even though every chair was full and people were waiting. We were in and out in time for our fast pass at 9:45. August 16 still had summer crowds so I would think November would be a bit slower. If it were the following week then I would say you don't have a chance but being the week before Thanksgiving maybe it won't be bad.

I know one other poster suggested to possibly skip it but I would say to do it if you can. We are AP holders and are in the parks all the time. My daughter is 9 and has asked for several years but I didn't want to do it. I have to say that as a 46 year old male I had tears in my eyes the entire time seeing how much she loved this experience.
Thanks for the tip! Hopefully, I'll be as lucky as you. Though ny daughter didn't know about this trip, she saw in one of the advertisement about BBB and she told me she wants to be do the princess thing and feel like a princess. I'm crossing my finger to get a reservation on the day of her bday.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I called 5 months out for our recent trip for my daughter's birthday, and got a 1:50 PM. We were hoping for something in the AM, so I called at least once a week for 5 months. As the trip got close, I called daily. I was never able to get anything earlier - but the CM's I spoke with each time constantly told me that they have cancellations & openings all the time. They encouraged me to call often the week of my trip, especially 24-48 hours beforehand. While I didn't get something earlier, I take all their comments as a positive thing for people hoping to get something! So I would say the same thing they did - keep calling, and call often the week of your trip.

If you're not able to get into BBB, look into the Pirates League. They do a mermaid makeover that is adorable. My daughter has done that one was well, and said she actually prefers it there! She loooves mermaids though. It's a lot of fun there, and a great alternative!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom