Beware Croc Wearers...They Are Dangerous

tigsmom

I have read through these posts and would have to say you have specifically missed the point. My son certainly was not being careless when this accident happened to him and I dare say it was not his first "trip" up an escalator. He has been on hundreds of them, including this particular one numerous times without incident. I'm not sure exactly what caused the injury to happen, all I saw was his shoe getting torn up by the escalator. I would have thought it was a freak thing until we reported it and were told 'Yeah, we are tracking this, it seems like since we started selling crocs in the parks, this is happening really frequently." So, are things dangerous? Yes! The implication that it was the parent's fault is just not right. I just take offense to that suggestion.

Dizneykev

Since I mentioned parents specifically I'll answer this...I didn't miss your point because I missed your post. We posted at the same time and when I come back to a thread I read from my last post on (yours was above mine). It is a parent's place to teach their children safety, but I was in no way referring to you specifically or saying that you were remiss in your duties. Sorry if you took it that way. :wave:

LoriMistress

Bill Maher said it best about those ugly shoes. Are the American people have become that lazy that we need to wear shoes that we can clean by hosing them off?! Why the crocs?; was wearing flip flops to dressy?LOL

Dagger

I'm gonna go a little further and just say: escalators are dangerous. You have all these pieces of clothing which are otherwise safe and then the common thread of escalators.

And Japan has more accidents because Japan has escalators everywhere - like even up hills in the sidewalk.

So be careful, but dont blame a shoe because you let your feet slide over the end of the escalators - doing that is very dangerous. You're supposed to step off.

I agree...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I've read that some UK hospitals have banned them as the build up of static electricity affects monitoring equipment and therefore patient well being

Yes Derby started it by saying that three cardiac machines had been shorted. Personaly Id be more concerned at the wiring than the rubber shoes. Much to Mrs Saks annoyance the Leicester Royal has followed suit, but she is a stubborn woman and asked for proof and will continue to wear crocs untill she gets it.

YankeeMouse

Ihave heel spurs too, and since the Crocs, no pain. Make sure they are large enough, there shouldn't be any blisters on the strap forming otherwise.

celticdog

Crocs must be a Yankee thing, because we rarely see them here Richmond, Virginia. Us southerners may be a little slow, but at least we have better fashion sense. :lol:

Children wearing them is fine, but on adults they look ridiculous, especially on full grown males. They look too much like clogs and that's really bad.

tigsmom

Crocs must be a Yankee thing, because we rarely see them here Richmond, Virginia. Us southerners may be a little slow, but at least we have better fashion sense. :lol:

Children wearing them is fine, but on adults they look ridiculous, especially on full grown males. They look too much like clogs and that's really bad.

I've seen them all up and down the Eastern seaboard, yep even in Virginia. :lol:

figmentmom

Ahem. I wear Crocs all the time now - the Mary Jane style (if style is the word I want :ROFLOL: ), simply because they are sooooooo comfortable. I wear the heel strap forward - if I wear it around my heel, I get blisters.

Bottom line, use common sense when you're on an escalator or anything else. :wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Ihave heel spurs too, and since the Crocs, no pain. Make sure they are large enough, there shouldn't be any blisters on the strap forming otherwise.

Wow, I think you convinced me, YankeeMouse. My heel spur is so painful at home, and I can't imagine what it will be like in WDW. I went to the web site and they gave info about how crocs are supposed to fit, so I'm prepared to go to my local ________'s Sporting Goods and try some on (with socks, of course).

Now I have to decide between Sabres Crocs and Yankees Crocs....oh the decisions :D.

Montyboy

!

If an escalator is too complicated or dangerous to ride, then its obvious you just don't pay attention to what you are doing.

I'm 36 and have a pair of Heelys. Unless you are a complete idiot on them and/or completely uncoordinated, I can't see why they are banned like they were invented by Al-Qaida or something. But its becuase parents don't pay attention to their kids and let them wear them IN a mall, on an escalator, etc. One moron wipes out and now we all have to suffer.

So a few knuckleheads get their crocs caught up in an escalator and now there is an All Points Bulletin out on them! Duh!! How about you just pick your feet up when your getting to the end of the escalator? :hammer: The world is just getting dumber by the minute.

You're 36 and have a pair of Heelys?

sillyspook13

Ahem. I wear Crocs all the time now - the Mary Jane style (if style is the word I want :ROFLOL: ), simply because they are sooooooo comfortable. I wear the heel strap forward - if I wear it around my heel, I get blisters.

Bottom line, use common sense when you're on an escalator or anything else. :wave:

Wow, I think you convinced me, YankeeMouse. My heel spur is so painful at home, and I can't imagine what it will be like in WDW. I went to the web site and they gave info about how crocs are supposed to fit, so I'm prepared to go to my local ________'s Sporting Goods and try some on (with socks, of course).

Now I have to decide between Sabres Crocs and Yankees Crocs....oh the decisions :D.

I have plantar fasciitis, and I have no pain when I wear Crocs. I own a pair of Mary Janes and a pair of Cleos (which I wore in Las Vegas and had no pain at all on that vacation).:)

St. Germain

I understand why people may not want to wear these themselves, but why on earth would anyone care what other people are wearing around on their feet at a theme park? This is a park where employees walk around in large fuzzy/foam costumes. If it's much more comfortable for some people to wear Crocs, who cares what they look like? They sure as heck don't look as goofy (no pun intended) as tourists that walk around with mouse ears on all day.

On the flip side, I would hope that while on vacation, Crocs wearers could care less what other people think about their footwear.

As my grandmother would say, this isn't exactly a debutante ball we're talking about here.

elpack

I have MAJOR foot issues.. enough that walking can be a challenge at times.. I currently own 2 pair of ugly Crocs which have done wonders for my feet. I wear them every day - and would tell anyone to do the same. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. and anything that helps my feet is beautiful.. I would say my ugly Crocs are the most beautiful thing ever.

Crocs or any other shoe are not solely responsible for any mishaps... the wearer should bear at least some responsibility -- unless of course every wearer manages to fall in the same way every time.

Teddy1

Just for the record - the crocs are not to blame - you need to listen to what your mother always told you and be careful on an escalator. When I was 11 (many, many, many years ago) I got the tip of my boot stuck in the escalator. I pulled back as quick as a could and it looked like a large dog took a bite out of my boot. Knock wood I wasn't injured but it ripped off the top of my boot and part of my sock. Lesson to be learned - listen to your mother and wear your crocs if like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom