Better "Tier 1" Epcot choice when you're already inside at open

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi there ho there...

We've got an 8:10 reservation @ Akershus on a day where Epcot opens at 9 and touringplans.com is predicting "Level 5" crowds at Epcot.

Last time we went to Akershus (pre-park opening) was shortly after Frozen Ever After opened. We could only get Fastpass for Frozen for much later that night. I thought maybe after eating we could get over before there was much of a line, ride standby AND later that evening. But by the time we got out of there the line was already a 90 minute wait.

But that was then.

My kids are older now. They still really want to ride Frozen but of course they also REALLY want to ride Soarin and (for at least one of my kids) Test Track.

I'm gonna try a personalized plan fro touringplans but I wanted to ask you all, what do you think makes more sense for a Tier 1 FP between those 3? Try to wait on line for Frozen since we'll be right there, then go over to Test Track because it's closest and hope the line's not too long, then use a FP @ Soarin? Or some other combination?

EDIT: I should point out that, if you are using touring plans, it tells you what attractions are Tier 1 or Tier 2, but when you try to do a personalized plan, you can put in all Tier 1 FP choices and it won't warn you "Hey you can't do that, these are all Tier 1 FPs." I suppose it'll work better AFTER I get my Fastpasses, but that means I still need to choose wisely.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think your plan is the best :) . Out of the three I've always noticed that TT is the longest wait. I've seen Soarin sometimes at 25-30 minutes. I've not been on Frozen, YET, but I will in August, I'm excited to check it out.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Out of the three I've always noticed that TT is the longest wait. I've seen Soarin sometimes at 25-30 minutes.

If that's the case it might make sense, even if it means much more walking, to try to get FPs for TT instead of Soarin...do Frozen first, bypass TT to go to Soarin, then head back to TT with Fastpasses.

I was just thinking because Epcot is so huge, go to Frozen after breakfast, walk back to TT, maybe even Mission Space because it's next door to TT, then hit the other side of Future World and do Soarin with a FP and then the Seas since they're next door to each other, then use a FP for Spaceship Earth, and then head back to the resort for a nap, come back in a few hours and hit at least some of World Showcase (we have dinner reservations at Rose and Crown).

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I was just thinking because Epcot is so huge, go to Frozen after breakfast, walk back to TT, maybe even Mission Space because it's next door to TT, then hit the other side of Future World and do Soarin with a FP and then the Seas since they're next door to each other, then use a FP for Spaceship Earth, and then head back to the resort for a nap, come back in a few hours and hit at least some of World Showcase (we have dinner reservations at Rose and Crown).

True! Your thinking like a true Disney Expert, unlike me lol. That does make more sense!

JohnyKaz2078

If you are willing to use the single rider line for Test Track do it and get a FP+ for Soarin, while rope-dropping Frozen Ever After. If you don't, get a Fastpass for Test Track. Then head straight to Soarin, finish Soarin, go to Frozen Ever After, ride it and then use your FP+ for Test Track. I'm planning a visit to Epcot and I have been checking the My Disney Experience app in the past couple of weeks to get an idea about the wait times and I have noticed that Soarin always has higher wait times than Frozen up until 1pm after which the the crowds move to World Showcase.

KrzyKtty

When we went last June we had breakfast at the same restaurant. We told them we were trying to get out around roap drop and I think we were only about 10 minutes behind. I believe we went to Thorin first and then test track after. The ride for test back around that time was about 20 to 30 minutes if I remember right. Not too bad. Then went to our Fastpass for Frozen around lunch time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom