Best WDW Burger?

lilclerk

Why??????? Is it "table-service meal credit" good? Is it bigger, or a different cut of beef they use... Why is this a table service meal credit? It's a $30.00 BURGER as I see it on the DDP!
It's a "table service" meal because there is a wait staff that serves you. I agree, it's not worth using a table service credit here, but I also don't use the dining plan most of the time.
For me, I hate the counter service burgers. The buns are terrible, the meat seems grainy to me. I haven't taken more than one bite of one for years. Yes, the toppings bar at Pecos Bill's is fantastic, but the burger is still terrible to me. From my experience, the CS burgers have been the same everywhere. That's why I go to B&C or The Plaza when I want a cheap-ish burger. Maybe I'm just picky.

Parrain

Original Poster
Okay, I get it! Wait staff, I know! But usually a wait staff makes less than minimum wage and the rest is supplemented with tips... Not by double charging for the food! Please don't take it personally, let me explain my circumstance: we planned to have lunch there, and arrived to find it was a table service, and all of our table service meal credits were already applied to dinner reservations. So we had to leave and go get in line for the little burger and dog stand and sit in the heat.... It was very surprising, and disappointing, for my family.

captainkidd

Why??????? Is it "table-service meal credit" good? Is it bigger, or a different cut of beef they use... Why is this a table service meal credit? It's a $30.00 BURGER as I see it on the DDP!

It's not $30. I have no idea about the DDP. I don't waste my time with it. The burger's like $9.00.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, out of pocket, but I was speaking with regard to the value of a table service meal credit. Thanks
If you look at it that way then how can you manage to go to any park but MK or Epcot. The other parks cost just as much to go to - but offer up so much less. Don't over analyze, you are on vacation!

Parrain

Original Poster
If you look at it that way then how can you manage to go to any park but MK or Epcot. The other parks cost just as much to go to - but offer up so much less. Don't over analyze, you are on vacation!
Yeah, I guess you are right. But we love all of the parks! We discussed the DDP, and even though we saved a little on our overall food bill, it forced us to eat more often and at some places we could have done without, due to nightly reservations (and my compulsion to try to obtain some savings/value out of it) I doubt we do it again. We plan to pay out of pocket and eat where we want to eat, and not plan so much. We will definitely try B&C (out of pocket!) and Shula's, and some of the off property places. And try to avoid over analyzing and antagonizing!

stlbobby

Okay, I get it! Wait staff, I know! But usually a wait staff makes less than minimum wage and the rest is supplemented with tips... Not by double charging for the food! Please don't take it personally, let me explain my circumstance: we planned to have lunch there, and arrived to find it was a table service, and all of our table service meal credits were already applied to dinner reservations. So we had to leave and go get in line for the little burger and dog stand and sit in the heat.... It was very surprising, and disappointing, for my family.

There is more overhead in running a sit down restaurant than just wait staff. One simple example is dish washing. B&C produces many more plates, glasses, and silverware than Pecos Bill. Those dishes must be washed consuming resources. I'm sure there are many others.

And as I stated before they have far fewer guests, so they have to charge higher prices. I think it is simply a matter of your sitting and they bring you food--it's table service.

You are correct it is not the best value for a table service credit, but WDW doesn't try and hide what the venue is or what it will cost. If you feel you are wasting a table service credit then by all means don't use your plan.

I have a friend that went to Disney on the dining plan and planned all of his meals so he was eating at the most expensive one credit restaurants on property and he and his wife only ate the most expensive entrees and deserts on each menu. It didn't matter if he really would have enjoyed something else more he ordered the most expensive thing. He meticulously saved his receipts and did all the math and figured out that he beat Disney's estimated savings by 7% or something.

It made him very happy to know he "got" WDW for 7%. He still talks about it years later. Personally a burger at B&C makes me happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom