best ways to stay hydraited?

Shey

for all you mom and dads out there....

how do you keep the your kids hydraited at the parks...do u guys bring your own....or do you pick them up at the parks or the resorts....

I hear I can get water and lemonade at most stands....but for $2.50 a bottle x 8 people....I'd go broke....

any info would help out! :veryconfu

Dwarful

when we took the 5 kids late May/june of '02 we made sure we offered drinks frequently, took time out of the sun to browse the shops, see shows etc. its important to remember how small they are and they most likely will get thirsty quickly (which for some can mean additional restroom time). We bought 1 spray/fan for the small kids and then the older boys decided to buy one as well although i think you can get similar ones at any discount store.

Upvote 0

amanda

we usually bring 1 thermos for 1 prson and evryone else gets 1 gatorade (or other sports drink) bottle. Then whoever has has the thermos fills it w/ ice and brings a powdered dring w/ them or puts some slices of lemon, orange, or lime in it and fills it with water. And we NEVER let the thermos run out of water or ice. that way the gatorade keeps you energized and quenches your thirst for a little while and then when ur finished that you have something to put a drink in. But when we're in the resorts we usually have resort mugs.

p.s those spray fans seem to work wonders in the florida heat, and if u really wanted to,and didnt feel like carrying around a water bottle, u could just put ice in it and use that as a watter bottle.(just a thought):)

Upvote 0

Hurricane

Another option if you are really concerned about staying hydrated is a "camel back" or similar hydration system. Basically you have a backpack with a water bladder that can hold 2-4 liters of water and a long straw that attaches to the straps on the backpack, the straw has a one way valve so that you have to bite on the valve to release the water (so you dont have to suck water through 3 feet of pvc tubing each time you want to drink). I bought an eddie bauer camel back on extreme closeout at target for $12, I used it for a week in the amazon (which is much hotter and much more humid than florida) and I stayed quite hydrated. Further kids will enjoy the novely of drinking out of it.

Also, the water in central florida is generally horrible, this is because it does not pass through the limestone aquifer as the water of south florida does, as a result of this there are quite a few more impurities than most are used to.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

We just buy 1 bottle of water at the start of our vacation and just refill it at the water fountains. There have been days we would fill it 5 - 10 times. This is a big money saver.

Upvote 0

SlideOperatorCP

I just want to warn you of one thing!
I worked at Blizzard Beach last summer and I had to deal with SOOOOOO MANY heat strokes or heat realated illnesses.
I would go over and ask if they were drinking water and they would ALWAYS say "well, no... I have been drinking soda all day though" I am sure you know all this but soda works AGAINST you when you are in the heat!!! So make sure your husband knows NO SODA when he takes the girls! :animwink:
Gatorade mix is the best! You can get ice anywhere and you can get water EVERYWHERE! You should play with the mix before you go and get it to taste the exact way you want it. Then mesure it out into plastic bags so you can carry it alot easier and it will be exactly the way your kids like it!
Have a great time!! :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

in the summer heat the post office would always have the carriers eat a banana every morning, for the potassium (when they stopped issuing the salt tablets), also we were told not to drink "ice water" but cool/cold water, but we were outside walking 5 miles w/30 pound bags on our shoulders...oh wait thats just like a day at Disney w/kids

Upvote 0

curious

I would agree with just about everyone that posted. Bring your own bottled water. Be careful when drinking tap water. Some people complain about the water from other places other than their own. So try to consider bringing your own water. I will be going to WDW in Dec. and we have already started purchasing boxes of bottled water. We already have 3 boxes of 24ct bottles of water. We caught them of sale. It's 7 of us and 11 nights.

P.S Bring some coolers from the kids also:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Katherine

DO everything that's already been said! Definantly bring YOUR OWN water bottles disney charges to much or go purchase some at a convience store right outside disney.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

The Brita Water bottle that everyone has been talking about really is great. All you have to do is go to any food stand and ask for a cup of ice water (which they will gladly give you for free) and pour it into the bottle. You have to squeeze the bottle, and it goes through the filter so any impurities are cleaned out and it takes away the horrible taste. Filling it at a water fountain also works in a pinch too (its not always cold though). Anyway. Here's the website where you can see it for yourself.

http://www.brita.com/202i.html

Have a magical trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom