Pre-Trip Best Way to Turn 40...on Main Street USA Pre-Trip Report

So, this is my very first pre-trip report and that will lead me to my first trip report ever! About Me....I am a Disney fan and lover of trip reports. I am a lurker and rarely comment...probably because I do not read them in current time. I find someone I like their style and read all of their past reports...so no need to comment on something that happened 5 years ago. But, I am going to try and be better! I write for a blog, and a Disney magazine, and I just started being a part-time travel agent (but really that is to feed my Disney love and help others find their Disney love - or so I tell myself). I am married to a fantastic guy that loves Disney as well (probably not as much but pretty close). I also have a Disney BFF that accompanies us (or me) on most of our trips...so when you see me and 2 guys or me and a different guy it is all on the up and up! So, to get on with my next trip. We are going to be flying down to Disney on December 12th and staying in a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk until December 18th. We are not DVC members but we just like the 1 bedrooms at Boardwalk, they are super nice, and have quite a lot of space and even though everyone says they are never in their rooms at Disney...I am someone who loves the resorts and does like to spend time hanging around and having some luxury (maybe if we had kids that would have changed?!) So, for this trip...we have me, who will be turning 40 on the trip (and I believe I am excited for that! We will see....), my DH and my DBFF...because turning 40 is super special and I need all of my Disney partners to help pull off a once in a lifetime celebration! I always manage to book my trips like a month or two in advance (not a HUGE planner) but lucky out all the time (like just booked BOG for dinner...no 180 days out for me!) I am going to go into depth about all that as we go...but the one thing I am waffling on today is whether I want a cake or not, and if so whether I should go all out or just keep that cake thing in check!

TaraMcc73

Original Poster
So as to go with the flow of better trip (and pre-trip reports) I am going to do the when, where and who :

When: December 12-18, 2013
Where: Boardwalk Villas
Who: Me (Tara)- Lover of all things Disney...DH and DBFF (which is Disney Best Friend Forever). So two men and a lady!

Goals: One is to celebrate my 40th birthday (hence) trip report name. The other is to have a much needed vacation after a crazy year!

Reservations: The only place I have never been that we are hitting this year (besides BOG) is Liberty Tree Tavern. Funny, that we have never been to such a staple but normally we would exit MK and head over to one of the monorail resorts for a table service dinner. But, since we are doing MVMCP that night I did not want to waste to much time in transport and have heard such good things...might as well try it.

So: BOG, Sanaa, Tusker House (my first character meal), Liberty Tree Tavern, Kouzzina, and San Angel Inn (Candlelight processional package) is where we are currently with the reservations but closer to the time I may start messing with them some more!

30 days from today! I can't wait!

TheMouseFan

Happy 40th birthday early! I leave in 8 days to also celebrate my 40th birthday! I will be spending mine at DHS and riding ToT numerous times! My birthday cake is going to be a cupcake from Starring Rolls! Have a great trip and I can't wait to read about it after!!

Betsyboo

We'll be celebrating my husband's 40th birthday on our February trip. Have fun celebrating. PS We've had Liberty Tree for lunch but we'll be dining there for dinner this year. Lunch was great, hoping the same for dinner.

TaraMcc73

Original Poster
Happy 40th birthday early! I leave in 8 days to also celebrate my 40th birthday! I will be spending mine at DHS and riding ToT numerous times! My birthday cake is going to be a cupcake from Starring Rolls! Have a great trip and I can't wait to read about it after!!
I think you are right about the cupcakes! Plus you can have 1 a day (at least!) Happy 40th Birthday! Tower of Terror is my favorite ride!

TaraMcc73

Original Poster
We'll be celebrating my husband's 40th birthday on our February trip. Have fun celebrating. PS We've had Liberty Tree for lunch but we'll be dining there for dinner this year. Lunch was great, hoping the same for dinner.
I will let you know how dinner goes! Have fun in February! Seems the 40th birthday celebrations definitely involve Disney quite a lot.

TaraMcc73

Original Poster
So as much time has passed I am 8 sleeps away from getting on a plane and flying out of this cold weather! Thankful for that! So, one of the goals this trip is to do less planning and more just feeling our way. Luckily, (fingers crossed) the crowd levels will be low and so that allows a more leisurely rate. Now, that does NOT mean no ADR's or planning...just not as much or as high level ADR's. Here is what we have so far:

Tusker House Breakfast - my 1st ever character dining...don't ask why, I myself am not sure, after probably 15-20 trips in the past few years...but going to do that first thing!

Sanaa - dinner - love my Sanaa...

Be Our Guest - dinner

San Angel Inn - Candlelight processional meal

Liberty Tree Tavern - 1st time for here as well. Decided to go on the night we have MVMCP so as not to waste too much time dining during the party.

Kouzzina - Dinner. I just ate there for the first time on an October mini AEP (if you are not a Travel Agent, it is a Disney training session that they take agents and train them and tour the Dream, etc.) My DH and DBFF have not been there so I am trying to get them all caught up!

So, this is just not our normal...none of our top favorites are on here like Ohana or even Via Napoli (try the arrancini yummmm)...but I am excited to try some new restaurants and re-try some older ones (San Angel Inn - has been years).

So, stay tuned for the TR once I return and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Oh and I decided no cake...just lots of cupcakes!

meklein

I also leave on the 12th for my 40th birthday celebration! I also debated the cake idea, but like you decided cupcakes or other treats would be better than an entire cake!

Your plans sound great - have a blast and happy birthday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom