Best way to surprise niece with our upcoming Disney trip

Minnie1986

My upcoming trip will be myself and niece (will be 12 by the date of the trip), who has absolutely no idea that it's happening. I came up with a general plan, but i'm thinking that maybe she would need at least the night before to prepare herself?

Thus far, she thinks that she is coming to spend a week with me in my city. The day after she gets here, we'll explore the city, get our nails done, dinner, and I'm thinking of telling her that we're going to visit some "friends" of mine the next day, and that our flight leaves really early (so she doesn't get suspicious as to why we're going to bed so early). I'll have everyone's stuff by the door, showers, etc. done the night before. The morning of, i'm thinking of either telling her when I wake her up or legit waiting until we're pulling up to the infamous sign.

Thoughts and/or advice would be incredibly appreciated!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
How are you getting from the airport to WDW?

Just a heads up, when we got an Uber from our near-airport hotel to OKW, our driver was chatting away about Disney. So if you’re getting a taxi or ride share direct to Disney you might want to try and let the driver know - maybe a note with the destination and saying it’s a secret.

If you’re renting a car it’ll be easy enough to keep it a surprise until the big gates
We are taking an Uber, and I was just wondering about this the other day. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Posted before we kept our boys distracted and they had no idea they were at WDW until they got out of the van and saw spaceship earth both screamed "we're at Disney World" my not vote keep it a secret.
Knowing my niece, she'll either A-be talking a mile a minute to either me or one of her friends or B- making tiktoks to share with her friends/checking the ones they've sent her, so she'll be nice and distracted until I tell her to look out the window😂

Upvote 0

the_rich

I believe you can message the driver in the Uber app and let them know it's a surprise. I wouldn't say anything until you're reaching the disney world sign and when she inevitably looks at you in shock hand her the magic band+.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I believe you can message the driver in the Uber app and let them know it's a surprise. I wouldn't say anything until you're reaching the disney world sign and when she inevitably looks at you in shock hand her the magic band+.
You can request a "Quiet Ride," but it's been my experience that some drivers either don't pay attention to the notification or straight up choose to ignore it. I'll absolutely make the note for one, but to be safe, will have my niece get in the car while I "help the driver with the luggage" and will again stress the matter at hand. I'm going to do my best to video her reaction or try to low key Facetime her parents.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom