Best way to get to Universal from All Star Sport Resort?

~Tinkerbell~

Original Poster
This is my first trip to the World in 10 years, and my first as an adult, so I've thrown myself into research and planning! I have our day by day itinerary all planned out, fast passes and reservations sorted, and just have this last thing left on my list to sort! My partner and I are going in October, staying at All Star Sport Resort, and are planning on spending 3 days in the Universal parks during our stay there. According to the research I've done, Uber seems to be the best way to get to Universal from our hotel. As you guys are the experts, I was keen to get some opinions on what you thought would be the best option. We've never used Uber before, but roughly understand how the app works. Does anyone know whereabouts exactly an Uber would be able to pick us up and drop us off?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Rob562

Uber/Lyft would be your best bet, though if you're doing three days in a row at Universal, you might want to at least crunch the numbers to see if it would be cheaper to stay at an on-site Universal hotel those three days. (Cabana Bay, Aventura and Surfside Inn would give you a room comparable to All Stars) You'd be paying for fewer Uber trips, and get early entry and other benefits. Even if the price is the same or slightly more, it might be worth eliminating the time and hassle of the daily Uber rides.

That being said, to answer your questions...
Uber will pick you up right outside Stadium Hall at All Star Sports.
Over at Universal they just relocated their Uber drop-off/pick up location last week. Originally it was in the same place as buses and taxis. Now they've moved it to the top level of one of the parking garages. Follow the signs. (As the cars arrive, they'll go through a dedicated lane at the parking booths to get to this area. They don't have to pay)

I haven't read any reports about how this new location is doing to speed up the process, but if you find after the first time leaving Universal that it's still too crazy, you can try walking to one of the Universal hotels to be picked up, and the walking distance is about the same as it is to the new spot in the garage. Hard Rock Hotel is closest to the Studios, Royal Pacific is closest to Islands.

-Rob

~Tinkerbell~

Original Poster
Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for that information. We've actually planned to have our Universal days spread out during our stay, so that wouldn't quite work for us. Definitely a good consideration if (hopefully when ;) ) we go again in the future.

That's really useful to know about the collection and drop off points for Uber, and thank you so much for the tip if it is very busy. Roughly how far away are Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific from the parks entrance?

Thank you so much, again :)

Rob562

That's really useful to know about the collection and drop off points for Uber, and thank you so much for the tip if it is very busy. Roughly how far away are Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific from the parks entrance?

Thank you so much, again :)

According to Google Maps, all three are about the same: 7 minutes/0.4 miles. The walk through City Walk may feel longer because of the crowds, though you do have the moving sidewalks for some of it, so it evens out.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom