Best way to get from the airport

arielrose

Hi to All,
I just booked my plane tickets for my trip and couldn't get an early enough flight to be able to take the Magical Express from the airport. We have dinner reservations. So I want to take an uber or Lyft from the airport directly to the hotel we have reservations. Any suggestions? Also we can still do the luggage service even if we don't ride the bus, right?

Much-Pixie-Dust

Hi to All,
I just booked my plane tickets for my trip and couldn't get an early enough flight to be able to take the Magical Express from the airport. We have dinner reservations. So I want to take an uber or Lyft from the airport directly to the hotel we have reservations. Any suggestions? Also we can still do the luggage service even if we don't ride the bus, right?
We have always checked luggage at resort and driven our rental car back to airport. Disney most definitely allows it, as of February 2018. We have always been honest about and told each time that yes, we can do it. I recommend it because it saves time at the airport. Luggage has never been lost.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We have always checked luggage at resort and driven our rental car back to airport. Disney most definitely allows it, as of February 2018. We have always been honest about and told each time that yes, we can do it. I recommend it because it saves time at the airport. Luggage has never been lost.
The OP was inquiring about the ME bus from the airport to the resort, which is an entirely different process than the resort to airport one.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Take the bus, only takes one hour from touch down to resort. Let DME take care of your luggage

That's not true unfortunately. It was for me on my last trip using MCO, but our resort was the first stop. Sometimes DME will stop at 3 or more resorts depending on the schedule. You also have to wait for everyone on the bus to load up and not every flight lands within minutes of each other. I have heard people having to wait 30-40 minutes before the bus leaves the airport. If the reservation is within two hours of landing I would take Uber or Lyft to be safe.

Upvote 0

bunnyman

We've used ME for many years now, after we used to rent a car. Our last full car rental trip after realizing it was sitting in the hotel parking lot unused, we started using ME. You're paying for it in your room cost anyways so why not use it. I also found that if I do need a car for a day, renting from Alamo is very easy. They pick you up at your hotel and take you to their place near the car care center. When done, they'll drop you off anywhere on property. Got a ride to the AK via their shuttle after car drop off.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Take the bus, only takes one hour from touch down to resort. Let DME take care of your luggage
Our last time it was almost 3 hours. Only once was it an hour. We now either rent, use Tiffany Town car, or use lyft/uber.

In this case I'd spring for a car service and let them help with the luggage. Unless there is awful traffic that should be an hour or so.

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Our flight lands at 6 and our reservations are at 8. So we don't have time to take the magical express.

Your best option is to hire a private car to meet you at the airport. I've used Quicksilver Tours and would recommend them, but there are many other companies offering the service as well. They'll be waiting for you at the baggage claim and you'll be ready to roll.

Uber or Lyft might be the next best option, but it can sometimes take some time to get connected to a driver, and depending on your luck you might end up with a poor driver. This can also add some stress to the beginning of your vacation, which is why I prefer the private car (I take Lyft for the return trip to MCO)

You definitely want to avoid Magical Express

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

Your best option is to hire a private car to meet you at the airport. I've used Quicksilver Tours and would recommend them, but there are many other companies offering the service as well. They'll be waiting for you at the baggage claim and you'll be ready to roll.

Uber or Lyft might be the next best option, but it can sometimes take some time to get connected to a driver, and depending on your luck you might end up with a poor driver. This can also add some stress to the beginning of your vacation, which is why I prefer the private car (I take Lyft for the return trip to MCO)

You definitely want to avoid Magical Express

yes quicksilver are great. we used them. although we had more time than the OP, they even do an option of stopping at walmart if needed and then taking you to destination. no problems and the vans were great

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I would not recommend letting your luggage go on the bus without you. Some people have done it yes, but it's not guaranteed.
Do your bags even go on the bus that you go on? I always figured they loaded them on whatever bus was around when they come in from the plane which could be before or after you yourself actually make it to a bus. I have no idea so please any insight is great.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do your bags even go on the bus that you go on? I always figured they loaded them on whatever bus was around when they come in from the plane which could be before or after you yourself actually make it to a bus. I have no idea so please any insight is great.
Bags with the yellow delivery tags are pulled immediately off the plane and do not make it to the airport carousel. Then they are grouped by resort area (MK, AK, etc.) and trucked to the individual resorts.

The only bags on a DME bus are those that passengers have with them ~ either their carry-ons or luggage off the baggage carousel (if they did not use the yellow tags.) Guest are not required to use the yellow tags and are always free to retrieve their own luggage (and must get it themselves if their flight lands after 10 pm since that is when delivery service ends for the day.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom