Best way to get from airport w/o rental car

Billy6

Original Poster
I have a question...What, if any, is the best way to get from the Orlando Airport to Disney(All Star Resorts) with out renting a car??

Taxi?
Mears shuttle?
Bus?

and are there any "free options" to my request...

Ive heard Mears in the best and cheapest, but need to know if there are any alternatives..Thanks Disney Pals...

AriBelle23

Definitely Mears!!! Taxi's are super expensive, especially if you have more than 2 people with you. They always have tons of Mears shuttles running to and from the airport every 5 minutes for every resort. Most of the time we end up getting on a Mears bus which are really comfortable and they take care of your luggage and what not and take you to your resort. Sometimes they even explain things along the way and point out cool things in Orlando. They are also there at your resort to take you back home...just make sure you call and arrange this ahead of time. I love Mears and would never take a trip to Disney without them. :) I hope this helped!

Billy6

Original Poster
Mears

Thanks for the info....if you would, i have a few more questions!

1) where do you go in the Airport to get tickets?

2) Does it stop at every resort?

3) How long from point A(mco) to point B( All Star Sports)
estimate will do, thanks

thanks again and again

AriBelle23

Hey no problem!!! I'm a music teacher so I LOVE answering non music questions!!! :)

1) where do you go in the Airport to get tickets?
-You will see a desk in the bottom level of the airport. (it is always kiddie corner form our baggage claim...it may be different if you are at a different baggage claim...but it will still be in the general area.) You will see all these buses and cars and vans loading guests through the windows. If you are going on a Saturday there will be a long line at the Mears desk...but if its any other day, usually they are not lines up as much. Mears workers wear bright yellow so you cannot miss them i guranetee.

2) Does it stop at every resort?
There will be like 10 different bus stops once you get your tickets form the Mears desk. They will tell you which one to go to, but just in case you get confused once you get outside in the huge mess of people...there are signs by each bus stop with the resort names. All Star's are usually twords the end of the bus line up. Just check with a Mears worker once you get out there to make sure. We have done this many times and we still always double check. It will stop at about 3 resorts, probably all the all stars.

3) How long from point A(mco) to point B( All Star Sports)
estimate will do, thanks
It all depends who is driving I guess lol ...Once we made it in a half hour, and once it took 45-50 minutes. It also depends if you have to make other stops along the way. Once we had to stop at a couple of hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I think All Stars just go directly to the 3 All Star Resorts. I have never stayed at an All Star before, but I would imagine all of them go on the same bus.

Also remember to tip your driver...$1 per bag would be nice. They all work very hard and def. deserve the extra money :)

and in acse you need the number...it is 407-423-5566...on the way back to the airport, make sure you call 24 hours in advance to book a ride home. Call this number and they will answer anything that I couldn't, or didn't make clear enough.

I hope you have a great time and I hope I helped out!!

PS. You are very welcome :)

Billy6

Original Poster
Thank you for the info...I have been to WDW many times, but this time I dont wanna rent a car im only gonna be there 4 days for a soccer tournament...But this helps me very much and if I need more info..ill know who to ask.......AriBelle23!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Maybe a better option

Hi,

I was wondering how many people in your party. I'm the new advetiser in wdwmagic and saw your thread.
Depending on the number of passengers Mears might be more expansive and takes a lot more to get there. We also offer extra services (included) that no one does.
Please consider this option. You may reach us at (407) 390-0113 or Toll Free at 1-888-GO TO WDW
Ah, the company's name is Quicksilver Tours & Transportation...

Regards.

Gregory Nicolas

seashoreCM

The Mears shuttle is the easiest to find at Orlando airport.

But for a party of four or more, you should seriously consider a "towncar" or limo' service. (To me, "limo" suggests a higher price and a "towncar" does the same thing.)

With 4 people, Mears' total cost has nearly reached that of other services, and the other services give you a non-stop ride.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

It is not unusual to have to be ready to go back to the airport 4 hours before flight time via Mears, depending on what vehicles they have out on the road and which can get to your resort. Most towncar and limo services can pick you up 3 hours before flight time, or 2-1/2 if it is not a busy travel day. (Later than that is cutting it close.)

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Cost...

Seashire is absolutelly right. Actually with only 3 adults "limo" services like mine are already cheaper for most round trips to Disney Resorts.
MEARS (per person):
$ 28.00 Adults
$ 24.00 Children
With us:
$ 84.90 round trip with all extras included (30 minutes stop for groceries, car seats, Free call and a polaroid picture to keep as a souvenir)

You can't beat that!

Call us if you have any concerns or questions at
Toll Free : 1-888- GO TO WDW or
(407) 390-0113
Quicksilver Tours & TRansportation.
(advertiser in WDWMAGIC)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom