Best viewing spot of Remeber...Dreams come true?

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Hello. I am making my first time visit to Disneyland and was wondering if someone who has seen the show could give me some advice as where the best spot to see it is. Thanks!

hoppypooh

I am not an expert as I've only seen the show few times - but I will tell you what I know. In order to see all the effects, you must be able to see the castle and the Matterhorn clearly. But everyone else knows this too, so it's very packed. Depending on when you go (i.e. peak time/holiday/weekend) the crowds can be almost unbearable. There are viewing areas roped off in front of the castle, some are sit down only and some are stand up only - which is enforced by cast members - so make sure you know before you stake out a spot. I saw that most of the good spots are staked out between 2 hours and 1 hour before showtime. If you want to get away from the thick of the crowds, move down to Main Street, but there will be trees and the hub partially obstructing your view. You can also watch from the train platform but you will get that "distant" feeling - kind of removed from the show. They also do projections (different from the castle ones) on It's a Small World. It's worth seing and usually much less crowded than the castle/ hub area, but you will not be able to see all the fireworks or castle effects from there.

BRER STITCH

Yeah...as HOPPYPOOH mentioned, you really have to be right in the middle of the hub in front of the castle to see all of the effects on both the castle and the Matterhorn clearly.

Surely there are a million other places where you will be able to see the fireworks, but if it's your first (or only) chance to view it, I'd plan on finding a place to get comfortable about 2 hours before showtime!

Each time I have gone I always had guests that may never get a chance to go back, so we wanted to make sure to experience the best spot we could find. That explains why we did the Fantasmic Dessert Party too.

The wait is not too bad if you send someone for drinks or food to enjoy while you wait. It's really a GREAT show!!!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

cherrynegra

I staked out my place three hours ahead of time to the left of the hub on the middle facing the castle. There's a vending hut there that sells turkey legs or..I forget what it is...but that was a good spot for me.

I also staked out a spot the second time right in front of the castle about four hours before showtime. There are two small trees, one on the left and one on the right, that are encircled by a small metal railing fence. This fence is great for sitting on while waiting, and will make sure no one is behind you....eventually you will wind up collapsed on the ground sitting waiting for the show. But there are cement benches that run along the right and left walls in front of the castle. I've seen people also staked out there.

Remember DO NOT stake out the cement benches along the front walls in front of the castle as these wind up being roped off for safety purposes. When you get to the castle for picture taking earlier in the day, take a look around and scope out a spot...and then get there HECKA EARLY. Like I said, I was crazy enough to wait around three to four hours.

LilDucky

BRER STITCH said:
Each time I have gone I always had guests that may never get a chance to go back, so we wanted to make sure to experience the best spot we could find. That explains why we did the Fantasmic Dessert Party too.
Hate to hi-jack the thread but I have a question (and not just for Brer Stitch):

It's been a while since I've been to DL (3 years of so), so this must be a relatively new offering. I've looked into it, but what it really comes down to are the quality of the seats. Are they really good? Is it an unobstructed view? Where are they located (center, left, right?)?

One more thing to consider: My grandpa will be in a wheelchair, so would it be better (based on the quality of the seats) to book the dessert party, or just stick with the handicap seating?

Thanks in advance :wave:

BRER STITCH

LilDucky said:
Hate to hi-jack the thread but I have a question (and not just for Brer Stitch):

It's been a while since I've been to DL (3 years of so), so this must be a relatively new offering. I've looked into it, but what it really comes down to are the quality of the seats. Are they really good? Is it an unobstructed view? Where are they located (center, left, right?)?

One more thing to consider: My grandpa will be in a wheelchair, so would it be better (based on the quality of the seats) to book the dessert party, or just stick with the handicap seating?

Thanks in advance :wave:

Hey LILDUCKY! :wave:

The Dessert Party we did featured EXCELLENT seats on the upstairs patio of the Disney Gallery, high above all the crowds and noise. It is front and center for the show and nothing to block your view.

There are, however, other locations that they call "preferred viewing" or something that you pay extra for on the ground in a roped off area near both the front center of the river, or over on the "dock" in front of the Haunted Mansion. These feature "boxed lunch" style desserts with no servers present.

The Disney Gallery dessert party was truly the BEST thing I've ever done at any Disney park! It was so relaxing and the service was awesome! Plenty of food and drink to go around!

It was about $50 per person, but it was a special trip with my Mom and Dad for their Anniversary and probably a once in a lifetime thing for them! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

The cool thing was, they let us stay up there to watch the "REMEMBER" fireworks afterwards. Not the best viewing location for those, but what a convenience to be comfortably seated with food and drink during the show!

You'll have to call to see if the balcony viewing is suitable for wheechairs. I'm pretty sure they have an elevator to the second floor gallery, but I have to warn you - it's pretty tight up there once everyone is seated, so His mobility might be limited. The awesome Cast Members up there would be happy to get him anything he needs as far as food and drink though!

This is truly the BEST KEPT SECRET IN ALL OF DISNEY!!!

ENJOY!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

LilDucky

BRER STITCH said:
Hey LILDUCKY! :wave:

The Dessert Party we did featured EXCELLENT seats on the upstairs patio of the Disney Gallery, high above all the crowds and noise. It is front and center for the show and nothing to block your view.

There are, however, other locations that they call "preferred viewing" or something that you pay extra for on the ground in a roped off area near both the front center of the river, or over on the "dock" in front of the Haunted Mansion. These feature "boxed lunch" style desserts with no servers present.

The Disney Gallery dessert party was truly the BEST thing I've ever done at any Disney park! It was so relaxing and the service was awesome! Plenty of food and drink to go around!

It was about $50 per person, but it was a special trip with my Mom and Dad for their Anniversary and probably a once in a lifetime thing for them! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

The cool thing was, they let us stay up there to watch the "REMEMBER" fireworks afterwards. Not the best viewing location for those, but what a convenience to be comfortably seated with food and drink during the show!

You'll have to call to see if the balcony viewing is suitable for wheechairs. I'm pretty sure they have an elevator to the second floor gallery, but I have to warn you - it's pretty tight up there once everyone is seated, so His mobility might be limited. The awesome Cast Members up there would be happy to get him anything he needs as far as food and drink though!

This is truly the BEST KEPT SECRET IN ALL OF DISNEY!!!

ENJOY!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Thank you so much for your quick response :wave:

You've given me lots to think about! Thanks :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom