Best Value Resort?

casimar

Looking to book as cheaply as possible for August 10-13, just one adult. Hoping to keep my hotel cost low (like $100 or less) per night.

I was looking at the listings for the all-star music, movies, and pop century hotels... are they okay in peoples' experience? Is there anywhere else I should check, perhaps off the reservation?

Thanks for ANY advice about doing anything (travel, tickets, meals) cheaper. I am planning on putting lots of crackers in my suitcase, etc. really trying to justify the cost of the whole shebang to myself...

captainkidd

The OP was asking which resort would be best for them. They stated they are staying on a budget and looking for what resort may be best. It was the same question that you asked in your post. They did not say "which resort is the best ever" they asked what might be best for them. I really do not see the difference :shrug:

Ignore me. Just in a crap mood. Pet peeve I have. Not just Disney, but anything. Favorite anything, I get. Best anything, I don't.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

I can't stand posts asking what the "best" resort of any kind is. More so, I can't stand replies that say "this resort is the best". It's all a matter of opinion.

You don't. My guess is, nobody needed any of my posts or yours. But it is a message board.

This is so true but I would love to see your response if someone posted something like this in one of your threads. I am assuming it would go something like "if you don't like it, don't read it". Just a hunch.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you don't seem to agree, unless it is your opinion that is being presented.:shrug:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

My apologies to the OP. My post was rude and unnecessary. Not to mention unhelpful. I know you were just looking for advice. My pet peeves don't give me the right to be rude to anyone, and for that, I am sorry.

Good lord, Friday can't get here fast enough.:hammer:

Upvote 0

SMS55

There really aren't any major differences between any of the 4. The only major difference is sometimes the All-Star resorts share a bus, while Pop has it's own bus. Other than that I don't find any real difference. My wife prefers Pop, but to me it's all the same. To me the room is to shower and sleep. I don't hang out much in the room so as long as it's clean I'm good.

Upvote 0

Chrim

Sports or Music

Looking to book as cheaply as possible for August 10-13, just one adult. Hoping to keep my hotel cost low (like $100 or less) per night.

I was looking at the listings for the all-star music, movies, and pop century hotels... are they okay in peoples' experience? Is there anywhere else I should check, perhaps off the reservation?

Thanks for ANY advice about doing anything (travel, tickets, meals) cheaper. I am planning on putting lots of crackers in my suitcase, etc. really trying to justify the cost of the whole shebang to myself...

Often times the least expensive resorts at Disney (other than the campground, as a previous poster mentioned) are the All Star Sports and Music.

From the WDW web site, one price I saw for those two resorts (Music and Sports) for Aug 10-13 was a total of $280 (including tax, but no theme park tickets or meal plan) for the 3 nights. That was for a room that isn't in a preferred location. So that is an average of about $93.33 per night.

I will try to post a link:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy12q3room&market=fy12q3room

You might be able to get a lower night for a hotel on Palm Parkway, for example, but then you would need to pay for parking at WDW. Also, if you are flying, you would need to pay for a rental car vs. using Disney's Magical Express to/from the All Stars (but that isn't an issue if you are driving to the area). I'll let you look for other hotel options and do the math.

I have stayed at all 4 of the current value resorts (just not at the Art of Animation, of course), and they all are generally just fine. If you get noisy neighbors (such as crying/screaming children) or a worn down room, it isn't ideal. But, I have never had a truly bad stay at WDW.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Personally, I like the theming of All Star Movies the best. I stayed there only once though. The reason I haven't gone back is because after a long day at the parks you get on a crowded bus and ASM is the last stop. We now go to Pop because it has it's own bus stop and it doesn't share buses.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

I like the Buena Vista Hotel if you are looking to go on the cheap. That is the one that has a giant pineapple out front. I got it on Hotwire a few summers ago for $45 a night. Also check out some of the local Hampton Inns. They will have shuttle service to and from the parks plus free breakfast. I got one last year for $65 a night. The shuttle times will not be super convenient, but if you are looking to go on the cheap, it's worth checking out.

Upvote 0

Vader2112

It is true that you can get a better room deal sometimes offsite but there are benefits to staying at a value as well. I enjoy Pop as well as AS Movies. All a matter of opinion.

Sorry if this is repetitive:

Staying on property gives you access to the bus transportation system.
If renting a car you will not need to pay for parking as it is free for Disney Resorts Guests. Plus coming from the airport if not renting a car you can utilize Disney Magical Express.
The final thing to me is that the Atmosphere of being at Disney Resort is generally not lost, even at a value resort.

I have had the pleasure of staying at all of the values and Mods and I think you can not go wrong!
My favorite Hotel Is Coronado Springs but that is my opinion and I am biased based on what they did on my 40th B-day last year..That's another story

Enjoy your trip!!!

Upvote 0

casimar

Original Poster
Thanks! This is a lot of great info.

Thanks! I appreciate it! I will be looking over all of this info for quite some time. I am leaning towards POP at the moment, since I've never managed to stay there, and the value resort prices are all within $10 of each other for my weekend in August, but I definitely plan on looking into every scenario you kind folks have described. (And I *never* would have thought about the bus stop order... thats a great detail to keep in mind.)

Upvote 0

durangojim

Pop is great! We much prefer it to any moderate that we've stayed at. The grounds are fun, bus transportation may be the best on property, and the food court is really good (it's nice they also accept TIW). Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom