Best Value Resort?

casimar

Looking to book as cheaply as possible for August 10-13, just one adult. Hoping to keep my hotel cost low (like $100 or less) per night.

I was looking at the listings for the all-star music, movies, and pop century hotels... are they okay in peoples' experience? Is there anywhere else I should check, perhaps off the reservation?

Thanks for ANY advice about doing anything (travel, tickets, meals) cheaper. I am planning on putting lots of crackers in my suitcase, etc. really trying to justify the cost of the whole shebang to myself...

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Looking to book as cheaply as possible for August 10-13, just one adult. Hoping to keep my hotel cost low (like $100 or less) per night.

I was looking at the listings for the all-star music, movies, and pop century hotels... are they okay in peoples' experience? Is there anywhere else I should check, perhaps off the reservation?

Thanks for ANY advice about doing anything (travel, tickets, meals) cheaper. I am planning on putting lots of crackers in my suitcase, etc. really trying to justify the cost of the whole shebang to myself...

Pop!
Best Food Court!
Best Transport!
Best Pool!
Nuff said :wave:

Upvote 0

wolf359

I absolutely love the All-Stars, so I always recommend other people stay at Pop Century.

Seriously though, any of the value resorts are fine, and each resort has its share of fans, but all are pretty much identical in terms of what they offer. Because of the benefits I really can't recommend staying off of Disney property. Yes you could shave a few bucks off of your room cost by staying elsewhere but after factoring in perks like Extra Magic Hours, free parking, and less travel time I think staying on property is the best way to go.

If you're looking for more cost-cutting tips, I can't recommend mousesavers.com enough.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Without trying to be flippant, do you enjoy camping and do you have a tent? I camped at Fort Wilderness in a tent during September and it was great. I had the boat shuttles, evening movies, and the Electric Water Parade. I looked at rates and the rates were $48/night. The bathrooms and showers are clean and it was peaceful. Basically, I set up the tent nightly, rolled out the sleeping bag, put it all away in the morning. At that time, it was the only way that I could afford to go because camping was cheaper than any hotel. I stayed four nights and my bill was just over $200.00.

The only downside is if you are flying down. I drove down and didn't have to worry about packing the tent on the flight and I stowed all my gear in the car during the day. Again, this isn't trying to be a smartalek and am not trying to start a debate on the merits of camping. It really comes down to whether or not you like to camp and if you can sleep without the benefit of air conditioning (I won't lie, it was warm at night).

Upvote 0

luv

You'll get more room for your money off the WDW property.

Since you're alone, the small value rooms shouldn't be a big deal, but you might prefer a more relaxing atmosphere.

If you want a WDW value hotel, one is as good as another. Pick the one you like and go for it.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I can't stand posts asking what the "best" resort of any kind is. More so, I can't stand replies that say "this resort is the best". It's all a matter of opinion.

Upvote 0

OswaldTheRabbit

We have stayed at POP and All Star Music. Here is my thoughts....

POP
Pros: We loved pops theme! Really fun!
Food court was good.
Store was good.
Buses only for pop resort

Cons: it is big so far walk to buses, food, store etc.
Very crowded so the bus wait can be longer

All star sports:

Pros: it was fine.
Last to pick up and first to drop off to the parks.

Cons: it was in need of a refurb when we were there(2008).

Good luck! We have always been happy with our value resort choices. You can't beat the price!

I will warn you that all values come with 2 full/double beds so if you have squirmy kids it is pretty painful to sleep with one of them!

Rooms are the same size in all the value resorts.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Having stayed at all of the values, we found Pop Century to be our favorite. The food court is one of the best on property in my opinion. Its not so crammed and more spread out, but not too much where some rooms are too far from the main building/pool. I also really like the location.. busses to the parks are fairly short with the exception of AK.. the All Stars are closer to AK of course.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We don't know what the OP would think is "best" if he/she were to try them all. What's most helpful is to describe differences - e.g. POP doesn't share buses and All-Stars often do - and let the OP decide based on what's important to him/her.

For me to just say "Resort X is best" is a worthless opinion, not useful information.

That's my opinion anyway.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We've stayed at both and I'd have to say we prefer Pop, For us it's a matter of the intangibles (transportation, food court, etc.) but honestly, either one is fine. You're on property at "the world". What could be better?

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

If they are all the same price, then you should just go with what kind of theme you would like to see (ie movies, sports, pop icons, etc.). The food is the same price across the All Star and Pop. Are you flying? Another thing to consider is if there will be a fridge in the room. I cannot remember if there is one at Pop. A fridge can help cut costs by being able to save food and drinks. We have always prefered POP, we like the pools and pool bar better. If those type of amenities appeal to you then I would look up pics on the website.

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

Asking an opinion on which resort is your favorite or which resort is best for you is far different from asking which resort is best.

The OP was asking which resort would be best for them. They stated they are staying on a budget and looking for what resort may be best. It was the same question that you asked in your post. They did not say "which resort is the best ever" they asked what might be best for them. I really do not see the difference :shrug:

Upvote 0

Freshee61

Pop Has great gift shop and great grounds and buses. A standard room at pop is going to run you more money than a standard at all stars. All star sports has the first bus stop but all star music has the best food options of all value resorts.

Upvote 0

crispy

My favorite value resorts are POP and All Star Music. I find that All-Star Music tends to be quieter than the other Values. Is free dining being offered while you are there?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom