• Hotel Room

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No good value remains

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
All this talk about price increases got me thinking, what still offers a good value for your money at WDW. For simplicities sake I'll use nice round numbers, and for park tickets I'll use a 6 day hopper. Also, I'm not going to get every single aspect in here, just what I think of this morning....

A. Park Entry... $75 per day

B. Character Buffet... $45 per person (averaged together lunch and dinner, and did not take into account peak pricing)

C. DDP.... $64 per person

D. Quick Service Dining... $11.99 for a burger and fries, $3.29, so $15+ pp.

E. Parties... $90 per person (just an average)

F. Hotels... This is trickier with discounts and such, so use your own judgement here. Value $150 Moderate $300 Deluxe $500. Just guesses guys....

So, is there any value left at WDW?

Is there lot's of value left?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
My vote goes to park entry. Which considering a multi-day ticket, I think, still offers a very good value. $75 per day for all the WDW has to offer seems very reasonable to me.

As far as the worst value, I think it's Disney Table Service dining, specifically the buffets. $40-$50 for Mickey Waffles and Scrambled eggs is INSANE to me.

DisneyFans4Life

I will say park entry, more specifically APs. My wife and I have had APs for years and the last time I checked our daily entry to the parks is around $20-$25 (we go at least 30 times a year). Not too shabby of a deal if you ask me.

A close second would be the DDP. $64/day may seem like a lot, but if you want to eat at the more upscale restaurants, it becomes very much worth it. We were at Epcot in March and Akershus (IIRC) was something like $50/person. If we were to have paid out of pocket for dinner and lunch and a snack and drinks we would have paid more than $64 easily. If food isn't something you care about on vacation then it's not the best of deals, but if you really want to experience finer dining...go for the DDP.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My vote goes to QS meals. As I sit on the train heading into downtown Chicago for the day, I know that with the exception of McDonalds, I'm likely to spend $12-15 on my lunch options. While they will likely be of a better quality than WDW QS, they will not be enough better to offset the fact that they are in an amusement park, and a quality one at that.
Park tickets these days are only a value if you can put forth the time/money for a long stay. The 6-day example you give is starting to get to a good value. My recent ticket shopping for a 3-day trip for a family of 4 rings in over $1200. That is a LOT of money for 3 days park tickets. Day visitors are even more screwed. Thus, Disney will be getting $0 of my money for my summer vacation this year.
I could make arguments for the buffet prices based on the ease and enjoyment for my family, same for the extra ticketed parties, etc. still, I feel QS is the closest to sane prices for what is left, IMO.

Susan Savia

I think my AP is the best value! We go for 14 nights each trip and don't have to pay to park or for the Photo Pass
pictures and get a discount on merchandise.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Best value tickets over 7 days, ts the Plaza not fancy but sweet, qs TC platters big enough to split, adult beverage Lapu Lapu. ok so none of it's cheap but a good value for what you get. BTW the memories of time spent with friends and family away from the real world priceless

CaptainAmerica

Quick service meal for me. I never order "burger and fries" so I'm not basing it on that, but things like Flame Tree, Yak and Yeti, and Tangerine Cafe. Those are things that flat-out aren't offered at many other theme parks, ball parks, airports, and other similar places with a captive audience. I fly down today and I expect to pay $8 for a nasty, cold, pre-made sandwich at the airport.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My vote went for Park Entry. It helps that us Brits get an even better rate for our tickets . For a 14 day sultimate pass it costs approx £24 ( $17/18 ) per day. And some companies are throwing in free memory maker as well .

Figgy1

Premium Member
My vote went for Park Entry. It helps that us Brits get an even better rate for our tickets . For a 14 day sultimate pass it costs approx £24 ( $17/18 ) per day. And some companies are throwing in free memory maker as well .
I'm stateside and pay the same as you, just have to know where to get them:D

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
My vote goes to QS meals. As I sit on the train heading into downtown Chicago for the day, I know that with the exception of McDonalds, I'm likely to spend $12-15 on my lunch options. While they will likely be of a better quality than WDW QS, they will not be enough better to offset the fact that they are in an amusement park, and a quality one at that.
Park tickets these days are only a value if you can put forth the time/money for a long stay. The 6-day example you give is starting to get to a good value. My recent ticket shopping for a 3-day trip for a family of 4 rings in over $1200. That is a LOT of money for 3 days park tickets. Day visitors are even more screwed. Thus, Disney will be getting $0 of my money for my summer vacation this year.
I could make arguments for the buffet prices based on the ease and enjoyment for my family, same for the extra ticketed parties, etc. still, I feel QS is the closest to sane prices for what is left, IMO.

You can not make the argument for buffet prices!!!! I won't allow it on my thread! Chef Mickey's breakfast would run you specifically $140+ tax + tip....So, let's say $170? I get doing it, because I have done it, but good golly, I wouldn't call it a value....

Your park tickets work out to about 100 per person per day. I still think that's a good value, if it's for a hopper. If it's for a single park, not named Magic Kingdom, I am not sure it's worth it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Quick service meal for me. I never order "burger and fries" so I'm not basing it on that, but things like Flame Tree, Yak and Yeti, and Tangerine Cafe. Those are things that flat-out aren't offered at many other theme parks, ball parks, airports, and other similar places with a captive audience. I fly down today and I expect to pay $8 for a nasty, cold, pre-made sandwich at the airport.
I just used a burger as an easy to use baseline price. I was going to use Columbia Harbour House, but I think they serve far less guests there then at a burger joint.

My home ballpark is Citi Field, and their QSR food options blow WDW's out of the water. So, don't agree with that. A Fuku chicken sandwich costs about $10 and is worth every penny.

Chef Mickey

Park entry, hands down. For an 8 day ticket, you're looking at $56/day for a Park Hopper. That is unbelievable value because you can do anything at any of the 4 parks: Shows, fireworks, attractions, Extra Magic Hours, etc.

I also think Character Buffets are underrated because it gets you pretty good food (not so much breakfast) and 1 on 1 interaction with many characters, including major ones like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Tigger, and Pooh.

Chef Mickey

10 to 14 days is normal for UK guests.

I believe 6 nights is the most common for US guests.
I've seen and read the same thing. After 5 days, you're getting the huge price break per day at the parks to make it extremely worth it.

You're paying almost nothing incremental per day after about 5-6 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom