Best Use of DDP TS credits

mapsd

Original Poster
Staying for 6 nights with DDP (2 adults, 2 kids).

Currently have 7 TS ADR which include CRT for breakfast, Spirit of Aloha, Hoop-De-Doo, and another character breakfast.

Knowing I'll have to pay out of pocket for a few, am I better to use 2 TS credits for CRT, etc.. or pay for those and save the DDP for the other TS meals?

Is there a "magic number" where paying is better than using TS credit? How about for the 2 children's dinners?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Generally, I take the approach that buffets are better paid OOP. If I'm ordering from a menu, I usually order filet or other more expensive entrees, which cost more than a $27.99 buffet. I always book more TS ADRs than we have credits for, that way if something comes up and we have to cancel an ADR, we still have an opportunity to use those credits at a restaurant we like as opposed to one we could get on short notice. If we don't need to cancel, I pay OOP for what are likely the cheaper of them.

Sam02

The first thing I would do is check out the menus of the restaurants you will be going to. These can be found on here and at allearsnet.com. Although Monty Mon gave good advice to pick a higher priced meal on the DDP, I found that what actually looked good to me and what I would really order was around the same price as the typical buffet. Therefore it would do me no good to pay OOP for buffets.

After checking out the menus and prices you can compare what it may cost you at two restaurants and compare that to the price to any of the places that take 2 TS credits. I would then pay OOP for the lesser of the two. This can get complicated. What you get on the DDP may be different than what you may buy yourself, i.e you may want an appetizer over a dessert, you may only order one dessert to share, etc. Can you tell I'm a math geek and actually enjoyed doing this for our family? :ROFLOL:

ThinkTink721

Staying for 6 nights with DDP (2 adults, 2 kids).

Currently have 7 TS ADR which include CRT for breakfast, Spirit of Aloha, Hoop-De-Doo, and another character breakfast.

Knowing I'll have to pay out of pocket for a few, am I better to use 2 TS credits for CRT, etc.. or pay for those and save the DDP for the other TS meals?

Is there a "magic number" where paying is better than using TS credit? How about for the 2 children's dinners?
We have found that is is best to pay for the 2 for 1 TS meals like CRT & use those 2 credits for 2 separate TS meals. But, if you are planning to do more than one 2 for 1 TS meal, just pick the cheapest one & pay for it & use those 2 credits for 2 other TS meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom