Best time to visit

WDWman5678

What do you think is the best time to visit when it is about 80 degrees and not that busy. I am going this march so give my your opinions.

General Grizz

October is probably your best bet. It isn't cold down here (unless there's a front system) at that time and the park is the least crowded that it ever will be all year.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think most "frequent" flyers would agree that the first week in December (the first full week after Thanksgiving) has got to be one of the best times! The daytime temps are around 80, the crowds are thinner, if not the thinnest, than other times, the Holiday decorations are up,and there are lots of special nightime events. The down side is that some of the parks close early because of those same events, and things are not always operating at full capacity. Of course, if you have children, this is a very difficult time to go...lots of school and extracurricular activities (we were involved in Nutcracker for many years, then soccer.) However, BK (before kids) and when my oldest was a preschooler, I always went during this week!

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by marciahahn
I think most "frequent" flyers would agree that the first week in December (the first full week after Thanksgiving) has got to be one of the best times! The daytime temps are around 80, the crowds are thinner, if not the thinnest, than other times, the Holiday decorations are up,and there are lots of special nightime events. The down side is that some of the parks close early because of those same events, and things are not always operating at full capacity. Of course, if you have children, this is a very difficult time to go...lots of school and extracurricular activities (we were involved in Nutcracker for many years, then soccer.) However, BK (before kids) and when my oldest was a preschooler, I always went during this week!

I second this. For the past tw oyears we have gone the WDW for the week right before Christmas starts. The crowds are minimal, and all of the Xmas decorations are up. The parks do close a bit earlier.

The weather is a gamble at that time of year though. It can be 80 degrees, or, as was the case two years ago, 40 degrees.

We went to WDW during September since we heard that that is the slowest month. That is true, but also, Disney takes advantage of that to close and rehab many attractions. That (and the holiday decorations) is why we switched to December instead.

Upvote 0

Nelstone

I've got to 3rd this. We went on the 3-day land/4-day cruise from 11/28-12/6. We actually added a day in the parks at the beginning. The parks were not that crowded even in the afternoon, it was 80 degrees everyday and the Christmas celebrations/decorations were already in place. I read somewhere that that the 2 weeks after Thanksgiving are the one of best times to go (least crowded).

PS It is the end of Carribean storm season, so the cruise was a bit cooler and cloudy.

Upvote 0

Camelot

(and I'll fourth this! Hehehe)
No, really, I have also gone in early December (5th-12th) for the past two years, and there were no real "crowds" (except for the Saturday I was at the MK)
The Holiday decorations and events are up and running by then, too.

Upvote 0

Carl

I like November, however

I'm going to give late February/early March a try this year. I did not get to go in 2001, but the last November in 2000, it was very crowded. It may have been because I happened to go during "Jersey Week." It's a whole new ball game since the economy has been having problems. Now it's anyone's guess what the crowds will be or what Disney will do with the park hours and attraction closings. But, temperature-wise November is good.

Upvote 0

SeaSpray

Early May in WDW!!

Early May is a great time to go! We were there that time last year and the weather was great. Warm, in the 80's, but not hot or humid. The crowds were very manageable, we were suprised at how the parks were a lot less crowded than we thought they were going to be. The wait times for all of the rides was 10 minutes or less. A couple of the rides had times listed as 15 or 20 minutes but they never were actually that long.

Upvote 0

Carl

I used to go in May.

I loved the Flower and Garden celebration. But, I still found it a little hot for my taste. It was fine until you had to walk for any extended time in the sun - then sizzle.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Our favourite time to visit is Sept/ Oct its so much cooler than the main summer months but still hot enough for us Brits and the lines are not bad. Saying that we've never been for December, but are thinking about it for our next trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom