Best Time to Go.

TXDisney

So I've been to Disney 5 times over the last 2yrs.
Once the week after thanksgiving, it was all decorated for Christmas then
Once the beginning of April and the flower and garden festival was going.
Once the end of September, WS a short trip so didn't really get to enjoy the f&w festival.
Once mid January. Got married their, so didn't really get to do the parks.
Once just about 7 weeks ago and that was at the f&w festival.

I really wanna try and avoid the summer bc of crowds and the heat, I live in Texas I get plenty of heat already without humitity. I loved it for the flower festival and the weather is perfect than, just hard to time it to miss some spring break and Easter break crowds. I love love loved it during Christmas, but obviously it's crowded then, I think when we won't was perfect bc it was post thanksgiving crowd and pre Christmas crowd, so the lines were shorter. Just some input on some great times to go would be appreciated. Not a Star Wars fan really, so no real desire to go during the Star Wars week.

Tinkerfan4ever

Last year I went to Disney Dec 6-10 for a quick solo trip. I loved it during that time. All of the Christmas decorations were up both at the parks and the resorts. I was able to see the Osborne lights and the Candlelight processional. Crowds were quite low during that time as well. The weather was mid 70's which was comfortable.

Upvote 0

DanStat

I've been almost every month of the year. It seems like there is rarely a "slow" season anymore. Thanks for F&W, F&G as well as runDisney races and seasonal parties, there's always something going on to attract an audience. With that being said, I would choose a time that works best for you. For example, we never saw WDW decorated for Christmas until our most recent trip.

The best piece of advice I can offer for touring the parks with minimal crowds: arrive at park opening, stay until 11 or 12 then head back to your resort. It's much more enjoyable to return in the evening and not have to deal with heat and crowds in the middle of the day.

Upvote 0

KLeigh

We've gone during the first half of November the past two years and loved it. (2012: 11/1 - 11/9, 2013: 11/6 - 11/12.)

Lower crowds, perfect weather, caught the end of the F&W fest, and we did the runDisney race. It was great watching the parks transition from fall to holiday decor.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

Of all of the times we have visited WDW our favorites are early Decemeber shortly after Thanksgiving and mid May. The proplem with these times is that DS is in school so our fall back time is late August right before school is back in session here in New England.

Upvote 0

KYmickey

We've always found that late April/early May for the great time of year to go, beautiful weather and lower crowds. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is also a great time to go, the weather is definitely cooler but you can take advantage of all the Christmas decorations and events! September, October is always iffy because of rain/possible hurricanes and with F&W getting longer and more crowded that timeframe is going away.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Funny my husbands friend just came back and said he also thought there was no more slow season anymore. We found last year mid October to more crowded than we have ever seen. But admittedly we have been very spoiled crowd wise in the past. Next years November 2015 trip is the first week in November so here's hoping for smaller crowds.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It's hard to really say whats the best because theres good & bad with every season. You gain some but give something else up. And the attendance / crowd levels have definitely increased during those historically "slow" seasons.
F&G festival is absolutely beautiful but the crowds are there.
Nov/ Dec are great with the decorations & holiday offerings ... you used to have to be there before the crowds came in for the holidays. Now lots of guests are targeting that time period.
Sept/ Oct there are the out of country crowds now coming in, so thats gotten busier.
And this past Sept was extremely/unusually rainy. Tropical storm seasons in the fall.
We used to have luck with after just after April break and into May but even thats getting crazy.
Its at the point you have to go and resign yourself with the fact that youll have to deal with some level of crowds at all times at Disney. Using a pre planning and having a good plan to work the parks effectively helps.

Upvote 0

Plutos Pal

We really enjoy our December trips. Usually go first/second week of the month. Crowds are good. Weather is usually nice. Can't beat the Christmas season. We just took our most recent trip in September. Crowds were good but we caught bad luck with the weather. Rained a lot more then the typical afternoon storm. The crowds at MNSSHP seemed a lot busier then at MVMCP.

Upvote 0

Webb

Jan is our usual Disney trip. Each year seems more crowded then the last, not horribly crowded. Last year it was quite cold, coldest trip in 5 years. We decided to try early May and I absolutely loved it! Crowds were great and the weather was PERFECT! We had 2 rain days but it didn't last long. I'm pushing for another early May trip in 2015, and hoping for a warmer Jan 2015! 59 days to go :)

Upvote 0

MorganKelly

We just returned yesterday. Was much more crowded than our last November trip in 2012. Christmas decorations were rather sparse; just gearing up in many resorts. The weather was terrific.

Early to mid May is quite lovely too. So is early February crowd-wise, but nippier.;)

Upvote 0

loriloughs

We went in Sept for Food and Wine. Love F&W and the crowds are not bad but it was hot,hot,hot and rained 6 inches in one day. Not normal Florida storms-it rained all week! F&G is the best time to go even though the crowds may be heavier. Beautiful weather! Next best time is second week of December, but may be a little chilly. Have fun!

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

The first week of May has been our favorite week - usually the weather & crowds are great. Although we have had our very hot or rainy weeks, and some years have been more crowded than others. In general though, we love that week. My other favorite was the first week of December. Crowds were low, weather was cooler, but still fine. We had a few days that were warm enough for the pool, but other days were hoodies & jeans. It's hit or miss, but we love the low crowds & all the decorations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom