Best time to go in September

minniemickeyfan

Hi all, my family and I are thinking of going next September. This will be the first time for us going in September and we hope to book with free dining.
Was wondering if you could help me with what two weeks would be the best to go. I know there's Labor Day, and maybe the weekend for Night of Joy, but is this a good week to go, or should we try for later in September? We are trying to avoid crowds as our 3 year son does better (he still doesn't speak, but hums to Disney music!) but he loves the rides. We have taken him before and making 3 FP"s in the evening helped tremendously. Any help or help with dates would be wonderful!

DisneyFans4Life

September used to be a slow time of year because schools were back in session, but this past September kind of proved that wrong and had some of the busiest times of the year. Between Labor Day and then MNSSHP starting...it's probably going to be busy at any part of September. If I had to guess...I'd say the week after Labor Day, so the 12th-23rd.

Upvote 0

Kosmo1986

If you are interested in Food & Wine, which is a lot of fun. it normally starts at the end of September. The weather STARTS to cool down in FL at the end of September but no promises it will not still be hot. Crowds are moderate throughout septmeber as there really isn't a slow season anymore.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We have visited 2X in September around the 9th-15th. The MK is always quite crowded on the weekend and less crowded during the week. Visiting the other parks on the weekend worked for us. September is very hot and extremely humid...just something to keep in mind. Good luck and have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

We have gone in September a few times. In fact, during September 2014 and September 2015 being our most recent. 2014 was great...no crowds at all, but 2015 was awfully crowded. We went the week after Labor Day both years. September is still miserably hot and humid, and we live in Georgia.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Anyone think end of August would be better for crowds? I wish we could go later in the year, but my husband can really only get time off through September and then again starting Jan.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

Anyone think end of August would be better for crowds? I wish we could go later in the year, but my husband can really only get time off through September and then again starting Jan.
This time of year can be hit or miss. Disney typically starts offering end of summer deals which can draw a lot of people in. Plus families want to get one last vacation in before their kids go back to school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Courtney6682

We went the 3rd week of Sept 2013 and crowds were totally manageable. The heat and rain were something else tho...it rained every day for at least an hour or two and one day we had a flash flood warning...just keep in mind that Sept is the end of hurricane season...other than that...we had a great time!

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

As a SWFL resident, September is a no play month for us in Disney. The weather just won't cooperate. Between the summer heat, summer rains, and peak tropical storm / hurricane time frame, odds are stacked highly unfavorable.

But alas, that is the awarded luxury of being a local.

Would advise travel insurance if you need to cancel heading into September.

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

The heat and humidity and/or rain and steam is enough to keep late August and September miserable. The crowds are probably about the same in late August, since most schools are in, as they are in September. It may vary from year to year.

If you can wait until January, after the 1st but before MLK weekend...or after MLK until about President's Day...it would be better for crowds and heat. We've been going during the first of March also, and the crowds were less then than in September of 2015.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom