Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Christmas/Holidays

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No Overlay

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

SeaCastle

Original Poster
Just curious...we've only gone to F&W Fest once and I was interested in seeing how it matched up to the other festivities offered at EPCOT.

Just curious...we've only gone to F&W Fest once and I was interested in seeing how it matched up to the other festivities offered at EPCOT.

I love to visit during the Flower and Garden Festival. It's amazing to see all of the beautiful topiaries and different flowers everywhere. Food and Wine is good if you're a food/drink taster, although to be honest we didn't do much this weekend when it just started. I have to admit I enjoyed tasting the different soft drinks from around the world, the Mexican soda was good.

NiarrNDisney

I didn't vote because I can't choose any! Any time is a great time in Epcot, I have been to all and LOVE Epcot in general! So for me once again ANYtime in Epcot is a good time!!!

828tnt

my FIRST trip to EPCOT center was with in its first 12 months. so, with that said,.....lol, my second trip wasn't for another decade.

but seriously, i've done all 4 , and it depends on your expectations. love the f&g now that i'm a bit more grown up. anytime of year is awesome cause "the center" is pretty awesome. the holidays are redic... off the charts with feeling nostalgic.

but gotta give it to f&w. truly fills what the feel of epcot has become!

Sloan

Food & Wine Festival

I've been going to the Food & Wine Festival for many, many years now, and can say with some confidence that it is my favorite time of the year at EPCOT. Not only do you have the great ambiance of the Festival with the accompanying great events, food & wine, but there's the major benefit of the cooling fall weather. For the past few years, I've scheduled my trips for the tail-end of the festival - early November - as it is typically much cooler than early October (now) when the Festival starts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since the tree lighting and lights of winter have been removed and Candlelight has become next to impossible to get into without a dining package Christmas time has dropped from the number one spot in my book. That would put Food and Wine at the top for me.

Future Guy

But seriously . . . I voted Flower & Garden. I love all the topiaries, and they're nice without interfering with the rest of the park.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

As cool as these festivities are I like to see Epcot just as is once in a while. It bothers me when they change the entrance music for the Flower and Garden festival but I love walking thru and hearing Christmas music and seeing all the decorations at the same time. Now if they would just put up the lights of Winter.

janoimagine

Food and Wine Festival is our favorite, I have done all of the ones listed above and it remains our favorite. No offense to those who love the Christmas decorations, we did too, but the holiday music playing everywhere, including the entrance, got real old real fast.

WorldKey

Never been during the Food and Wine and have wanted to do that.....just wondered how the crowds are and if that would change my mind. We have gone during mid September a few times and it is so nice to visit any of the parks and rarely wait more than 20 mins for any attraction! (What is 'no overlay'?)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never been during the Food and Wine and have wanted to do that.....just wondered how the crowds are and if that would change my mind. We have gone during mid September a few times and it is so nice to visit any of the parks and rarely wait more than 20 mins for any attraction! (What is 'no overlay'?)
The crowds for the attractions during F&W tend to be mild but the lines for the food kiosks in WS can be pretty insane especially on the weekends. No overlay would be a time when no special events are going on.

Chrononymous

I have been there at all three times of year...and without question, the Flowers win!

Maybe if the food and wine fest didn't cost so darn much extra to enjoy it...The times I was there I was only able to afford two overly priced tiny samples...and they weren't much to write home about.

However...the gorgeous profusion of exotic plants and flowers, and topiaries, and creativity and inspiration and lovely smells...that's all free to enjoy. And makes my pictures from that time look even more incredible.

wolf359

I love Christmas around WDW in general, but EPCOT really comes alive for the Food and Wine Festival. It's my favorite time to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom