best time in walt disneyworld?(THAT YOU CAN REMEMBER)

pinjim

Pixie dust

Last month, while finishing Pirates, my son asks to buy a Peter Pan hat in the shop. As we're walking to Fantasyland to meet up with mom and younger son, I ask him why did he want the hat, because he's not a big Peter Pan fan, at least for what I knew - he's reply was simple, he was hoping there was some extra pixie dust on hat that would help him and his younger brother remove the Sword in the Stone:)

daringstoic

My best time at Disney was Spring Break Senior year with just my best friend. We had 10 nights there and did all of the parks with no crowds, spent a whole day just checking out all of the resorts, had a hockey playoff party in our room (just the two of us + chips and salsa, lol, it was a sad party), and got to go wherever we wanted to whenever we wanted to. We stayed at Port Orleans: FQ, and played "House of the Rising Sun" by the Animals over and over again on my mini-speakers, and everytime I hear that song, I think back to our good times.

A close second (this will sound kind of strange, but...) was last year in August. I was camping with my family in Fort Wilderness when Hurricane Charley hit, and we evacuated to Port Orleans: FQ, but they couldn't accomodate all 6 of us in one room, so 2 hours later, we ended up in a suite at Coronado Springs for the same rate we were paying at the campground (not a bad deal at all :)) We hung out in the lobby most of the night until the wind started picking up, and even though the storm was on its way, I had a blast. The whole hotel was just buzzing with people because it was full, and nobody had anything else to do but hang out there. Once the storm hit, we spent the rest of the night playing euchre and Uno in our room, only interrupted by my dad and I pulling a "storm chaser" and running through the balconies to take video of the storm.

diddy_mouse

i know....i've mentioned this story numerous times, but it truly is my best time (so far)...

date: May 17, 2004
place: the hub at MK, in front of Walt and Mickey
event: my boyfriend handed our camera to a nice lady to take our picture in front of the statue. i bend down to put my bag and guidemap on the bench and i look up to see a maroon box and him with a large smile on his face. i flipped out...he then got on one knee and asked me to marry him, in front of a small crowd of onlookers. of course i said yes...with my new ring, we thanked those who congratulated us...then went to ride PoTC :D

best day ever!

M:SpilotISTC12

diddy_mouse said:
i know....i've mentioned this story numerous times, but it truly is my best time (so far)...

date: May 17, 2004
place: the hub at MK, in front of Walt and Mickey
event: my boyfriend handed our camera to a nice lady to take our picture in front of the statue. i bend down to put my bag and guidemap on the bench and i look up to see a maroon box and him with a large smile on his face. i flipped out...he then got on one knee and asked me to marry him, in front of a small crowd of onlookers. of course i said yes...with my new ring, we thanked those who congratulated us...then went to ride PoTC :D

best day ever!

AWWW. That is so cute.

MEBSTinkerbell

have a few best times

First visit in 05/84
1st date at a Disney Park with DH 08/05/00
getting engaged just outside MK 01/27/01
getting married at WDW's Wedding Pavillion 02/02/02
taking son to MK for the 1st time 09/19/03
also lots of small WDW Disney memories

mickeyman65

One of the best times I have had was at MGM some four years ago...when I got the chance to be the captain of the boat in the Pearl Harbor movie at the Backlot tour. I have it on video and when ever I watch it brings back fond memories...

How about a best year. I believe it was 1995 when i was there. The new tomorrowland had recently opened with Ae and time keeper but it still had dreamflight and cop was safe. And Toad was still there. Test track wasn't open yet, but horizons and imagination were still there. Best year for the world if you ask me

bjlc57

the Best time is ....

my best time at WDW will be the last time and the next time we go. I have never had a bad day at Disney. Each and every time is special. And if I could go again tomorrow I would pack the bags in 10 minutes.

Btw, that is about how much planning we would need to go to WDW. about 10 minutes, for a family of 4. We have been there 5 times, and I have been going to Florida since the late 1960's. I would have to change the oil on the truck, and pack a bag. Stop at the grocery store and at Barnes and Noble for the latest edition of " Unofficial Guide to Disney." After that, we could literailly do it in less then 24 hours. and I mean on the road. Right now we are just waiting for a change in my job situation. I am hoping that we could settle this soon. We all need to have a vacation.

Aurora_25

Everytime I go to WDW is my best time :D

My Honeymoon in WDW staying at the WL for 10 days was a great time.
Going the very next year for my DD's birthday (she turned 5) was almost as good- just seeing the look on her face....Priceless
Taking my DD when she was 3 turning 4 and she got a cupcake from Dale and Mickey at Chef Mickey's- She saw 2 more cupcakes on the tray and told Mickey that her grandma and papa should get those ones- it was too cute (and they gave them to us too!)

MSTINKHERBELL01

Good question! I honestly have to say that EVERY SINGLE TIME I visit WDW I have the best times of my life. I visit wdw ALOT....just to escape my hectic life and worries. After my father died...my sweetie took me to WDW and it seemed as though I forgot about how sad I was and remembered how blessed I was to have visited WDW with my father when I was a child. I thought i'd forgotten all the details of our trip together but the trip was so clear in my memory. Since then every time I visit WDW I think of my daddy. Im 26 years old and have been to WDW every month since (at least 2x a mo). I love remembering the MAGIC I shared with my dad and my family...and now my new family....EVERY VISIT!

Goofy4WDW

One of my most memorable "moments" at WDW was on December 23, 2002, when the entire bus, back to the AKL from the Studios, sang Happy Birthday to me.

Rora

Wow I have to pick just one? I think the best visit for me was a completely spontaneous trip my friend and I took for my 30th birthday. We had just come back from WDW two weeks prior, and we were joking about how we already wanted to go back. So she suggested we go to celebrate my 30th in a special way. If I live to be 100 I'll look back on that birthday with a huge smile.

PixyDust

We were family of the day at MGM one day during the 100th celebration.

But I think my best memory was in 1973. I really don't "remember" it, but the old movie films and pictures of me with Eeyore (back when he looked more like Eeyore), and all the other characters was just great. It was February and a record cold snap went through. I have on a white faux fur coat and hat with absolutely mod sunglasses and patent leather dress shoes on. I was 2 1/2 at the time.

matt88mph

February 2005: The first time I visited WDW since joining these boards more than a year earlier. I could point out stuff that nobody could notice. My first time on M:S (a new favorite), Philharmagic (a new favorite), SGE ( :hurl: ), and the Speedway (not bad).

My biggest test of knowledge came when, for the first time ever, I did WDW stuff on my own. Okay, so I was only able to do JIIWF and HISTA, but it's still cool enough to me.

It also had the funniest moment: We decided to go to Epcot for the day, and found out that MK closed an hour later. So we did what we could in Epcot (pretty much everything, as well as a heartfelt walk through WoL), and went to MK for the hour. We were able to only do two things, BLSRS and Space Mountain, but still a good day. When we go back to pick up our car in the Epcot lot, we are the only ones still there. We got a good chuckle from seeing it up in the monorail.

I also got to rediscover CoP and Timekeeper. My question to TWDC is: What are you thinking if you get rid of these two? Those were awesome! CoP is a perennial family favorite, and Timekeeper was cracking me up!

Plus my first Dole Whip, which I have my family hooked on now.

That was the first WDW trip where I really appreciated things I used to not notice.

daringstoic

Another memorable moment was last year when, for the first time in history, my Dad DIDN'T fall asleep on CoP. We always do MK first thing after a 22 hour drive the day before, and he is wiped out, but last time, my mom and I flanked him, and kept poking him throughout the show. It was the first time he'd ever seen the Christmas scene at the end. We even clapped for him when it was over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom