best time in walt disneyworld?(THAT YOU CAN REMEMBER)

col

Original Poster
ok this may have been done before, but i was just thinking what has been everyones fave/ best ever day surrounding Walt Disneyworld.

mine has to be the star wars weekend i tell everyone it is one of the best days of my life as im not into star wars but i took the opportunity to visit MGM on this day and it was amazing.seeing all the characters like the good ones where by star tours and the bad guys where by millionaire. it was funny coz all the children where terrified of the bad guys and when the baddies where walking the children stood way way back from them and some where crying coz they had make-up on making them look scary and there was jedi training and it was really really cool seeing people who work in MGM and who were visiting dressed up in star wars clothes. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE.:cool:

DisneyDellsDude

Mine was when we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! I went the night that we flew into WDW. It was my first time going during Dec. (Usually we go in Oct)

It was awsome!!!:) :sohappy: :)

wedway71

my best times at disney were when i was a kid and grandparents took us every year and totally spoiled us.anything we wanted to get or eat-no matter what.im looking at a polaroid of me when i was about 7 around liberty square with my grandfather around 1978.also that makes me so sad that "if u had wings"was still around-used to love that attraction-ok lets all sing -IF U HAD WINGS, HAD WINGS, HAD WINGS:cry:

Poco909

the best time ever that i remember is when i was little, watching the parades anf the characters pull you out to dance, man i felt i was part of the parade and just made me very happy, also i really like the mickey not so scary halloween party, ITS SOOO AWESOME TO GO TRICK OR TREAT THERE!!!! YAY!!!!!! CANDY!!!!!!!!! and the parade was awesome and its kool at night time!!!, lol.

Cheryl

Best time....easy one! DH, my son and I were walking towards a restaurant at AK on a cool December day, getting ready to leave actually so we could go back to the room and take a rest before MVMCP, :xmas: and a CM stopped us and said that we looked like a very merry family. He asked where we were from and we chatted about how empty the park seemed. Then he asked if we were leaving or going to catch MIckey's Jammin' Jungle Parade and my son said "Oh yeah, we're staying!" (he was 5 at the time). :hammer: (I've learned that he's got a different agenda than his parents do at that age.) The CM asked if we wanted to ride on a float in the parade and we jumped at the chance. :sohappy: How awesome! We were on the first float and rode with Rafiki (from the Lion King, which happens to be one of my son's and my most favorite Disney movie). :sohappy: It was very cool...we got to dress up in "safari gear" and they gave my son a disposable camera and said "enjoy the experience and make some magic." :sohappy: Life was awesome that day. My son keeps asking if we'll ever be lucky enough to be asked to do that again and I just tell him that it's a once in a lifetime moment to be treasured always! :sohappy:

surfsupdon

My first time seeing the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights in 2002. It was a warm night, I was with my family, it was our first Christmas trip, Residential Street was beautifully lit in the finest Christmas attire, Joy to the World was playing, and snowflakes were lightly flying to the ground below. Oh yeah, and b/c we visited the Lights after park closing, it was emptied and not bottle necked like is the norm. It was a great experience, and really put the Disney magic front and center. I will never forget that night with my family.

donvincenzo

A week in October of '99. Best week of my life, so far.
That Monday I went to my first Bruins game which was awesome, hockey is so much better live. That night the Red Sox played the Indians in Game 5 of the ALDS, best game I have ever seen in my lifetime. (aside from Games 4,5,6,7 of the 2004 ALCS) :) Tuesday I went to school, :hurl: then Wednesday we went to WDW for a week with my parents and another couple who have also been like parents to me. It was so much fun.

a2grafix

I could probably say that each time that I went with family or on my own with a friend (sans parent-types) the whole Disney experience was something to behold.

But if you want to get right down to it, I would have to say 1990 (my 14th time at WDW I believe a the time) because that was my last time with the family. We had won yet another radio trip and this time we extended our stay in staying at the former Disney Inn (now Shades of Green) and then capping our stay at the Swan. We rode the buses a lot and got a different perspective on how transportation arrives at the parks.

It was August. I was old enough to experience everything that a grown-up experiences. I had just turned 20. It was ________ Tracy summer so there were special ________ Tracy themed events at MGM - like one of those street shows on the backlot tour tram ride. I think I saw the ganster Flattop. It was near the Roger Rabbit exhibit. We sometimes went two parks a day and ended up at Pleasure Island for New Years Eve at night.

It was different this time around because I had grown up on Disney and since my first trip to Disney in 1977 when I was 7, this trip seemed very special to me since the family was all old enough and my parents didn't have young kids to walk around with, so our tastes were different. Have to say that we had great dinners at Alfredo's and at the Three Chefs in France. The best side show was the "door to nowhere" in Italy.

Also have to say that my final time, my 15th trip, at Disney in August 1993 with my good friend Steve was just as memorable because it was just him and me - best buds. We stayed at Port Orleans but Pleasure Island was better because maybe we were old enough to drink and just see Disney in a different light. Also a high school classmate of mine who relocated to Florida met us for one evening at The Island and we danced the night away at Mannequins.

The coolest thing was that at the time me and Steve visited Walt Disney World, the late Princess Diana, Prince William and Prince Harry visited the parks. We were on Disney property the same time the Royal Family was. AWESOME. Princess Di, who I share a July 1 birthday, and her sons stayed in the penthouse at the Grand Floridian. We heard stories that they had to dress up as characters to move from park to park. When they had left the property at the end of their holiday, one of the bus driver cast members remarked that the penthouse was now again available for huge wads of cash. Funny.

So, those are the two most memorable since they are the last two trips to Florida. I did go to Anaheim in June 1999 for a day on my way back from military leave, but it just wasn't the same -- three/four parks plus extra vs. one park (at the time). Can't wait to make new memories. It's been 12 years since I have been to Lake Buena Vista. Time to start planning ... now.

Kwit35

Cheryl said:
Best time....easy one! DH, my son and I were walking towards a restaurant at AK on a cool December day, getting ready to leave actually so we could go back to the room and take a rest before MVMCP, :xmas: and a CM stopped us and said that we looked like a very merry family. He asked where we were from and we chatted about how empty the park seemed. Then he asked if we were leaving or going to catch MIckey's Jammin' Jungle Parade and my son said "Oh yeah, we're staying!" (he was 5 at the time). :hammer: (I've learned that he's got a different agenda than his parents do at that age.) The CM asked if we wanted to ride on a float in the parade and we jumped at the chance. :sohappy: How awesome! We were on the first float and rode with Rafiki (from the Lion King, which happens to be one of my son's and my most favorite Disney movie). :sohappy: It was very cool...we got to dress up in "safari gear" and they gave my son a disposable camera and said "enjoy the experience and make some magic." :sohappy: Life was awesome that day. My son keeps asking if we'll ever be lucky enough to be asked to do that again and I just tell him that it's a once in a lifetime moment to be treasured always! :sohappy:
Okay, I am getting all teary eyed reading this. What a great day for you and your family!
My favorite would have to be my birthday, this year. I was there to run the marathon and had the best birthday of all time. :sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I can honestly say (sounds cheesy) that every time I go is my best time - I seem to make more of each trip (just in case I never get the chance to go again).
Best memories will always come from my first trip - Emotion and Sensory Overload

nibblesandbits

I also believe that everytime I get the chance to go to Disney, it is my best trip. They just keep getting better and better as I get older because I have learned to appreciate it more.

However, my best trip (and probably will always be one of my best trips) is this last trip I took in May. Since it is a LONG story, and I don't feel like typing it again(!), this is an excerpt from my trip report:

This was also my first time going to a character dinner. (sort of. There had been character dinners on the Disney cruise I took when I was a kid, but I hadn't actually gone to a "Character Dinner" before) I was SO excited about this b/c I had heard wonderful things about Chef Mickeys. (As recommended by the wonderful people here at WDWMagic.) We got there about 20 minutes early so I decided to look around the shops at the Contemporary and pretty much be in awe of the inside of the Contemporary. It is an absolutely beautiful hotel. (Although many of you already knew this.) After shopping, we went to go check in about 10 minutes early, however, we still ended up waiting about 20 minutes after our scheduled PS time just to get a table.

So finally, we got seated, and I loaded up on food. I liked pretty much everything except the green beans. Those just didn't have the right flavor to me. And OMG the mashed potatoes really are to die for! For desert I also ended up having some sort of chocolate mousse pie dealy do. I also got to meet Minnie and Goofy during the course of our meal.

Now, as we all know, Chef Mickey's is a place for children, so the staff does a lot of activities that involve not only children, but also the adults. So while I was eating my desert, one of the staff members came out and said, "Ok, now we're going to play a game. Everybody look under your chairs and see if there is anything underneath them." So everybody looked under their chair and when I looked under mine, there was a piece of paper stuck to the bottom of it. I opened the note and it said something about how I had to be blindfolded and was going to get a suprise. I thought..."Oh crap...what am I going to have to do now???" So I handed my boyfriend the camera and the staff member came over and blindfolded me. A few seconds later, the blindfold came off and Minnie was standing there. So I thought, "Oh, well I guess my prize is that all of the characters are going to come over, and I'm going to get my picture with them." Or something like that. But the lady saw that the blindfold came off, so she said, "Oops, not ready yet." So she then blindfolded me back up. After what felt like 30 seconds of being blindfolded they counted to 3 and then took the blindfold off me. When my vision reajusted...there was my b/f on one knee with a ring in his hand. I couldn't believe it! He was actually asking me to marry him (in a way that was pulled off so eloquently too!) I was in complete and utter shock...but of course I said yes. I was also suprised that I had been hanging around these boards for this long and had not once heard about someone being proposed to that way...which because of that managed to make the whole event turn out well since I didn't suspect him to do it there at ALL! (I did kind of suspect a proposal that night, but ironically I forgot all about it during dinner! ) Then Mickey came over and Minnie asked where was her ring, so Mickey got down on one knee and then kissed the back of her hand, then he kissed the back of mine.

If you any of you haven't seen the picture to go along with this story, then click on my trip report at the bottom. It is an absolutely beautiful picture that totally shows you how shocked I was!

So that was my best moment.

Did Knee

My most memorable moment was a meal at Fulton's. We were seated up stairs in the "front" of the riverboat. This is a big room with a curved window around it that provides an almost 180 degree view. We were seated against the wall in the back of the room, but since the tables are terraced downward as you go out towards the window, we had a view over the heads of everyone in the dining room as well as a great view of the whole window. We ordered the crab and lobster experience, which was excellent, but the real topper was that a horrendous thunderstorm blew up while we were eating. The result was we ate one of the best meals I've ever had, while mother nature put on one of the best light shows I've ever seen. It was a singular experience, that could never be repeated!

hrmom26

my most memorable moment hmmm.. thats a hard one if you asked my kids they say meeting mickey and minnie and there favorite ride i on the other hand have a few, when i walked into MK and looked down main street to the castle for the first time that was cool, when i drove under the WDW sign and relized it really was like a little world of its own, not just a amusement park, seeing my daughters face when she met minnie for the first time ,and when my son met buzz lightyear. they were so excited. i could go on and on i think:lol:

bullyx3

it's a small world

We'll never forget this one.We were in the Prime Time Cafe ,our waiter comes to the table says hello and where are you kid from .We reply NY he says oh ya me too, where abouts .We reply upstate near Albany .He quickly says ya me too.Not realy believing him I said Clifton Park NY.He again replies me too and goes on to say he lived in Twin Lakes apts off of Siterly Rd .Now I knew he wasn't kidding knowing exactly where he was talking about only a few miles from our house.We talked about back home and had a great meal as always at the cafe.Who would of thought .not me

nate_dakparking

Mine was when I was on my CP, and some buddies and I went to ride Tower. Whenever we got to the part when we go into the room for the preshow video in the library room, the CM was telling everyone to fill in all the spaces. I spoke up and said, "Fill in all the DEAD space??" and the CM replied in a sharp-annoyed tone, "No. Thats at the Haunted Mansion." Everyone started cracking up! It was the best. Everytime we would go back I would say it again and then my roommate would reply. We would crack up still and people would look at us weird. Good times..Good times...

I.M.Fearless

Favorite day? January 27, 2005. My 17th birthday. The plan was, I wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 17 times. WOOT! We were scared that it would take a couple of days to pull off.
It took two HOURS.
We were the first ones there. We managed 12 times in the first hour alone. We also picked up special fastpasses: the pride of my FP collection is a fastpass for BTMRR dated 9:01 1/27/2005. WOOT WOOT! Then, now that we had time to blow, we spent pretty much the whole day at the Magic Kingdom. It was one of the most quiet days of our entire trip! No more than 15 minutes for ANYTHING!!! We went on my favorite rides for the whole day. Then that evening was Pleasure Island, for a couple of Comedy Warehouse shows and some Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club dancin'. What a great day.
WOOTY WOOT!

KYfriedPanda

First time I experienced Muppetvision... I'm a bigtime Muppet fan and was completely mesmorized by it... I still love it every time I go back there, but there's nothing like the first time you see it... The pre-show alone is just spectacular.

S_Grise

There are so many perfect moments, it's really had to pick just one, but I think I can. In 2001/2002 we had went through a really rough (and lengthy!) medical ordeal with my daughter and we had almost lost her. We distracted her from the pain of her physical therapy sessions by talking about the upcoming Disney trip. It finally arrived and it was our very first trip to WDW. On our very first day, watching RoE:Illuminations with my family was magical beyond my dreams. As the show ended and we dreamily floated toward the exit, my daughter said to me, "Mommy, not that I'd WANT to or anything, but if I died right now, I'd be happy." And THAT is what brings people back year after year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom