best themed restaurant?

disneydawg

I was just reading a thread about an article the Orlando Sentinel put out awarding among other things the best theme restaurant at WDW. While I dont agree with their choice(Planet Hollywood), I was wondering what everyone else would pick. I decided against posting a poll as I believe there are just too many to choose from.

Some of my faves:
Sci Fi
Cinderella's Royal Table
Tusker House
Coral Reef
Restaurant Marakkesh

hadesrules

I have to agree with Cinderella's Royal Table and Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Also, I give a vote to '50's Prime Time Cafe. I mean, a viewmaster to check the desert menu. How cool is that?

Upvote 0

Empress Room

I have always been partial to the Mexican pavillion full-service restaurant (with the volcano and river in the background) at Epcot. In addition, 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM is very well done.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

I'm gonna have to go with Rainforest Cafe. I know it is a bit over the top, but it does stick strongly to the theme of the rainforest. I also like the theming of the San Angel Inn.

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

I agree Planet Hollywood doesn't deserve the title "best theme" it does deserve "worst, and most expensive food"

San Angel Inn, Prime Time Cafe are my favorites.

Upvote 0

3IdAlienKid

I'm curious to know what the Orlando Sentinel's reasoning was in picking Planet Hollywood. Perhaps they have a slightly different definition of "theming?"

If the Blue Bayou Restaurant or the Napa Rose were at WDW, I'd pick those in a heartbeat, but since they aren't, I'll have to go with the Sci-Fi Diner. Maybe it's the most overpriced burger joint in the world, but it's the most original idea for one, and the most fun theme at that.

For best overall experience though, I like the Brown Derby. I'm not sure it qualifies for best theme because all it is is an exact replica of another restaurant, but the Cobb is great and it just feels classy.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I think it was in comparison to legitimate theme restaurants, like Hard Rock Cafe, All Star Cafe, and Race Rock. Those are what the restaurant industry views as a themed restaurant. Not WDW restaurants with theming.

Upvote 0

BigNorm

Though I've never eaten there, I've heard loads of good things about the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. What I've seen of it in passing it looks really cool. Personally I think the San Angel Inn in Mexico has a great theme, fantastic food, and all around good atmosphere. I also love the Hollywood Brown Derby. Look at the characatures on the walls. Fantastic! Try the Cobb Salad!

Upvote 0

Djali999

Blue Bayou is the best themed Disney eatery, but since we're talking about WDW, I digress...

I like the Hollywood Brown Derby. it's classy and doesn't smack you over the head with its 'theme'. I'm also partial to the Beirgarden at Germany because they serve spatzel. :) spatzel rocks. :D and it has a moon!

San Angel Inn is nice, but it's a tad too expensive. on the other hand, I find the Rose & Crown to be quite agreeable.

although it's not really "themed", my favorite place to eat on property is either Spoodles or Artist Pointe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom