Best Themed Attraction

JIMINYCR

Favorite top 2 with me as well.
ToT, I have taken sooo many photos of the lobby, as well as the end of the ride and unloading area. Great connections to Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone
PoTC, Love the passageways with the cannons, ammo, stalemate chess game, assorted pirates and anamatronics
Makes me wish for ride stoppages so I could spend more time sitting still and looking.

5thGenTexan

What attraction do you think the immagineers did the best job of themeing with? I'm having a hard time deciding but Splash for classic and ToT for newer.

I find it strange that you refer to Splash Mountain as classic and Tower of Terror as newer. The last visit I made in March of 1992 was a high school band trip and Splash Mountain was there, but it was still a while from being open. Tower of Terror opened a couple of years later. I see em both as "new". :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I find it strange that you refer to Splash Mountain as classic and Tower of Terror as newer. The last visit I made in March of 1992 was a high school band trip and Splash Mountain was there, but it was still a while from being open. Tower of Terror opened a couple of years later. I see em both as "new". :)[/quote You are right but to me it has a classic feel!

CP_alum08

It may not be my favorite, but I'll throw in an honorable mention for Space Mt. I know it's not overly themed but the queue does a great job preparing you for the ride and it really feels like the attraction starts when you enter the queue. I absolutely love HM but the queue is awful during the day, it's hot, bright, and loud, everything that a haunted mansion would NOT be.

I think overall the best themed attraction (as a whole) is ToT. A year or so ago I might have given it to TT, but since the redo it's just not the same for me.

The Empress Lilly

Treehouse - The theming IS the attraction here! So perfect how ride and theming are one.
SSE - Who else is themed, well is, a celestial body of its own? Two thousand times I've walked up to it, and still I get shivers down my spine and a lump in my throat.
Tiki - The outside surroundings, the building itself, the preshow, everything is Tiki-themed. Awesome! (Now if only we could get back the space the cartoon spinner took up)
Penny Arcade - turn of the century arcade machines, in a turn of the century setting, in an entire turn of the century street!

bethymouse

The 1st time I rode TOT, it was by myself and I could've caught flies in my mouth it was so wide open w/ awe!:D
POTC is so nostalgic for me. The cannons scared the heck out of me when I was little.
HM is also such a good memory. I was scared to death, but I loved the hitchhiking ghosts!:D
I do love the queue for EE and KRR. Disappointed in the rides ( Yeti of course).
Used to love Mr. Potato Head and Buzz for TSM and BLY. Pretty cool if/when they'd interact w/ you.:D
In the Tiki Room, the thunderstorm and the singing poles freaked me out!:) Pooh interactive que is kinda cool for the little ones.;)

wolf359

It may not be my favorite, but I'll throw in an honorable mention for Space Mt. I know it's not overly themed but the queue does a great job preparing you for the ride and it really feels like the attraction starts when you enter the queue. I absolutely love HM but the queue is awful during the day, it's hot, bright, and loud, everything that a haunted mansion would NOT be.

Space Mountain is another favorite. Some of my most vivid memories are of the Space Mountain queue; the Star Tunnel music, the galaxy maps, the illusions in the zig zag corridor windows, and the FREEZING cold.

I actually like many of the changes to the queue that were introduced, and unlike many the games don't bother me and I love the new load platform area. But on all of my most recent trips the queue has been way too warm and that lack of a subtle, yet tactile detail has been disappointing.

I also agree about Haunted Mansion. It is one of my absolute favorite attractions, but the queue has always been lacking for me. My biggest issue has always been the awning. I know it probably needs to be there but it completely blocks the view of the mansion and completely takes me out of the fantasy of heading up to a haunted house, because I can barely, if at all, even SEE the house. In comparison the Tower of Terror's queue does such a good job of putting you right in the middle of a perfectly planned environment throughout the entire area. If it weren't for the screaming coming from the 13th floor there's very little that breaks the illusion of it all being real, and not "just" an attraction in a theme park.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Journey to the center of the Earth is AMAZING, but honestly, I still have to go with ToT at DHS. It may be due to familiarity, but I think its more to do with the fact that Disney had to take an existing IP of a black and white TV show, yet still make it a realistic storyline. The other thing is the fact that it does that one effect that no one really expects to happen if they haven't been on it (moving forward). I still fondly remember the first time that happened and I was in SHOCK!!

Journey isn't as much of a "set up" story as ToT, or at least I couldn't tell since I don't know Japanese ;)

Gonzo79

Tower Of Terror is by far my favorite. Its one of the only attractions I dont mind waiting longer in line for. I love the background music thats played throughout the queue,and all the details that set up the story and feel of the ride.
Star Tours,Splash Mountain,Everest,Pirates,and Haunted Mansion I also think are really well themed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom