Best Supermarket near WDW

StoneCutter589

Original Poster
I'm planning a 10-day trip in August, and I'm staying at an Old Key West Villa. I'd like to stock up on some breakfast items and snack for he room, since we'll have a kitchen. What's the best supermarket near WDW?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is a brand new Super Target on 192, just a few minutes away from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

TheDisneyMagic

Of course there are the usual WalMart, Target and to an extent KMart but we prefer for food shopping Publix, there are a number of these down the US192, lovely staff, reasonably priced, nice deli counter and bakery section.

CaptainShortty

I would definitely recommend the Publix if you're looking for any real quality food. It's over near Little Lake Bryan which is near DTD. Of course, Walmart and Target are also great for the cheap, packaged products. I've shopped at all and they're all good choices. =)

Mickey_777

I would definitely recommend the Publix if you're looking for any real quality food. It's over near Little Lake Bryan which is near DTD. Of course, Walmart and Target are also great for the cheap, packaged products. I've shopped at all and they're all good choices. =)

That's the one. Publix is right accross the street from the DTD entrance to the resort

PhilharMagician

That's the one. Publix is right accross the street from the DTD entrance to the resort

Goodings is right across the street from the DTD resort area. There is also a Winn Dixie about 1/2 mile from that entrance which we use most of the time. I have not been in the Super Target yet, so I cannot comment. We have also used a BJ's Warehouse on W. Osceola Parkway which is only a few minute drive from WDW for bottled water and maybe a few other things.

C&D

Goodings is a little more expensive, but with the cost of gasoline, if you're not buying too much, not a bad alternative. Frankly, we purchase most of our meals from the grocery, so for us we rely on Publix.

Mr Wizard

There is a real nice Publix on Rt 192 not far from World Drive at International Drive. A well stocked grocery store with a nice deli and prepaired foods and most importantly ( for us on vacation ) a liquor store.

10Magic

From where you'll be staying, Goodings at the Crossroads is literally five minutes away (unless you try to go on a Friday or Saturday night, in which case it's 20 minutes). A little more money, but nice and quick!

Captain Chaos

There is a real nice Publix on Rt 192 not far from World Drive at International Drive. A well stocked grocery store with a nice deli and prepaired foods and most importantly ( for us on vacation ) a liquor store.

Is this the Publix in Litte Lake Bryan area??? I have gone there before and it isn't too far from DTD...

Mostly, I use the Super Wal-Mart on W. Osceola and Vineland Road...

ssnyder4

I would avoid Goodings if at all possible. We went with a small list of things to get and they had very little of the things we needed including a pacifier for our daughter...lost it at security in the airport. We ended up at the Walmart that many people have mentioned. They will have everything you need including a great Disney souvenir section but the place is a mad house 24/7. It hard to find parking at peak times and the parking lot seems to be a hang out for those that live in the area. The Publix that others have mentioned is great...just map it before you head out as it's a little hard to find. Good luck!

DizneyPryncess

We use the Publix - although I really have no idea which one it is. It's not far from the parks though. We've been really happy with it. Just don't go on a Saturday evening. Everyone checking into the time shares around it goes there after they check in, and it is seriously packed!

Tom Morrow

Avoid Walmart unless you want to deal with the usual Walmart headaches times 10. Any Publix or Super Target is the way to go.

coachwnh

we have used the walmart several times. close and easy to get to. you can also order from the garden grocer online and have it delivered to the resort. we have done that a few times as well

jeffk410

There is a brand new Super Target on 192, just a few minutes away from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I just went there tonight. Its nice, right across from orange lake country club. Use your target CC and get 5 percent off too. It is a little bit of a drive from inside the property.

Panhead

Use Publix, best full-service grocery store around. They'll take you cart/buggy to your car and unload it for you, no tipping (free!)... plus no membership card for any of the deals. They're usually way cleaner than the competition also, eg Walmart, Winn Dixie, etc.. :cool:

-Chris-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom