best seat california grill

DFD111

Hello,

Congrats on having a trip near your anniversary. How long until your trip? Have you made the reservations?? Check the park schedule to see if it is an EMH night or if it is a Pirate's and Princess Party night.

Plan to have your reservations for at least an hour and a half prior to the fireworks in the park. We had reservations about 1 and a half hours prior to the fireworks and we sat in the small room in the South Side of the Tower with a view looking toward the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness and we were able to see the other parks as well, which was nice. Make sure that you tell the person you speak with that your celebrating your anniversary, Disney Diner Reservations will make a note on your Reservation stating that and will try and make it as magical as possible. We were there for our honeymoon and they made each meal special and memorable.

If you have any other questions please ask.

DFD111

Hello,

Congrats on having a trip near your anniversary. How long until your trip? Have you made the reservations?? Check the park schedule to see if it is an EMH night or if it is a Pirate's and Princess Party night. Also make sure that there is a fireworks show that night as well.

Plan to have your reservations for at least an hour and a half prior to the fireworks in the park. We had reservations about 1 and a half hours prior to the fireworks and we sat in the small room in the South Side of the Tower with a view looking toward the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness and we were able to see the other parks as well, which was nice. Make sure that you tell the person you speak with that your celebrating your anniversary, Disney Diner Reservations will make a note on your Reservation stating that and will try and make it as magical as possible. We were there for our honeymoon and they made each meal special and memorable.

If you have any other questions please ask.

RachelP6877

Original Poster
it IS our honeymoon and I have the reservation 1 and 1 half hour before wishes, Im wondering if they will give us a great window seat

Moustronaut

It's kinda luck of the draw. You can put in a request when you check in but you may have to wait longer if you really want the window seat. We ate there last weekend and had a two-top table that was back from the window in the second row of tables and the one of us facing the park had a good view. We got that without any special requests.

Many people will get up and go outside to the observation deck during the fireworks. You can try that if you don't get the view you want from your table.

darrin933

What is the date? The weekends are usually pretty busy up there. I am having my wedding reception there after we get married at the chapel on October 2, in the private room overlooking mk. Too bad the hallowishes fireworks are that night instead of wishes. O'Well

darrin933

you should have a good chance of getting a table by the window but you never know. You can always show up early and let the people at the reception desk know what you would like and let them know that it is your anniversary. Hope everything works out for you.

Adreamisawish

Hey! It's your honeymoon. Anything that happens will be magical! ;););)

Live for the moment! :animwink::animwink::animwink:

We spent our honeymoon at WDW back in 1974.

We had a tower room with a lagoon view at the Contemporary and a ground floor room at the Polynesian facing the Magic Kingdom.

Each and every second was magical...we never thought to ask for special favors.

I guess we were able to make our magic on our own without having to ask for extra help. :ROFLOL::eek::eek::eek:

I guess what I am trying to say is...don't sweat the small stuff. Take it as it comes.

Heck, our "Magical Moment" has lasted for almost 34 years!

Best wishes to you and your spouse-to-be.

RachelP6877

Original Poster
We go every year always stay at a moderate usually FQ or cb So we never stayed at CS so for the honeymoon we chose that, I cant see spending the extra on a Deluxe Resort bc we are on the go the whole time I cant sit still at Disney:sohappy:

cdunbar

Well I've seen people get window seats but when we went in July, my friends called and informed them it was a birthday party so that put us in this seclusion room and it was fantastic! There are only like 5 tables in there and 1 or 2 waiters served all 5, and he came when it was about 15 min prior to Wishes and made sure we had our drinks before we went out and made sure that we had the best spot on the viewing balcony, it was a 21st b-day party! Neways to us at least it was much nicer that way because out in the main dinning room, you couldn't hear anything over the kitchen and wait staff, the people in the lounge, etc. So I would think in your case that would be nice too, it would be quiet and romantic but we went in July which is why it mightof been so loud. Just food for thought! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not stress about having a window seat. The best view IMHO is from the observation deck which is open to all CG guests. If you get a window seat it is a bonus but it is far from a necessity to enjoy the restaurant or the fireworks.

disneydom

You will love the food / service it's all top shelf ,as far as the fireworks we always go to the deck to watch, arrive early and have a drink at the bar enjoy you'll love it !!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

dox

Ditto.
I've eaten there several times and i've had both window and non-window seats. Truth is no matter where you sit you will have a nice view of something. And as for Wishes, it is so much more enjoyable to grab your drink and step outside than it is to sit at your table and watch.

Grumpy-Fan

I made our ressies exactly 180 days prior to our trip. I could pretty much get any time I wanted. I asked for A time in which we could see Wishes while we dined. At the time I made the ressie, MK was closing at 7 o`clock. I got 6:15 and all was good. The day finally came. We went to MK that day [this past Valentines Day] and there was a sign at the entrance that said that they were not having Wishes that night. You see this was a total surprise for my wife, she knew nothing about it. Her only thing was she insisted on seeing fireworks that night and I promised that she would. When I saw that sign my world turned upside down. Later I found out that the reason was because of the P and P party they were having that night. Everything worked out OK. We had A wonderful dinner, killed some time exploring on the monorail then went up to the observation deck and watched An awesome firworks show.

The End.

JaSnake16

We also went for our honeymoon in February. We asked for a window seat and were told that they were unavailable, with some prodding we were able to secure one after a 1/2 hour wait. Just tell the matire'd that its your honeymoon and you want it to be special, they are usually very accomidating (it also helps if you are wearing your bride and groom Mickey ears even though your dressed up) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom