best room to see the castle?????

olcom

Can someone please give me some advice?????
I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian. I am FINALLY going to stay there next July 2005. I REALLY want a VIEW of the castle. What room, and which section has the best wiew????? I have booked a lagoon view and they told me I would have a view of the castle. Is this true??????? Is there anyone out there who has stayed there and knows????THANKS!!!!! :wave:

TravisMT81

olcom said:
Any ideas on how to get rooms in those areas????????

-luck
-check in early
-request castle view not magic kingdom view
-tell them you will wait at check in if a room is available in those two buildings

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

We stayed on the Conch Key building. There is a building next to us which will probably give you a better view of the castle. We could see the Castle, Monorail and Train Station, and Space Mountain. Just for reference, below is the view from our room on the 2nd floor. Have Fun!

Attachments

• GF View.jpg
    GF View.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

olcom

Original Poster
not nuts....

Your not nuts,just a TRUE Disney fan!!!! Like me.... Thanks...
Any ideas on how to guarantee a room with a view??? How did you get so lucky??? :sohappy:

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

olcom - Any ideas on how to guarantee a room with a view??? How did you get so lucky???
My sister-in-law is a travel agent and when we checked in we were told we have a "magical view". When we got in the room we all just freaked out. I'm not sure how we got so lucky. Sorry.

As far as the contemporary you would wanna stay on the Magic Kingdom side of the tower. Both sides will give you a view of Bay Lake. The back of the tower gives you a view of the pool and the old Discovery Island. Check out the link below. The 4th photo down on the right should give you a good idea of what you would see. I think it was taken from the 11th floor.
Contemporary 11th Floor

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I stayed at the Contemporary on the 9th floor with a Mk view. It was fantastic. We were able to watch the fireworks that went off almost every night from MVMCP from our balcony.

Pam

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

DisneyGrl85 said:
You're lucky I'm nuts and took a picture of our door. LOL It was room 7229.

Who DOESN'T take a picture of their door and their view. I know I do! It sets the scene for the pictures to come, and is a great reminder. :)

Upvote 0

maelstrom

For the Contemporary, I highly recommend room 4741 on the 11th floor. Awesome view of the Magic Kingdom. I could see the castle changing colour from my bed all night. The view is simply breathtaking and until you experience it for yourself, you can't quite comprehend the amazingness of it. There are some pictures, though, at my site under the May 2003 section.

Not sure about the Grand Floridian, though. I haven't had the opportunity to stay there yet.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

How far in advance can you book a room? And maybe if it's a special occasion, they may be able to accomodate your request for a castle view room. I am dying for a castle view room at the GF for my honeymoon, but that probably wont be until mid-2006.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

surfsupdon said:
Who DOESN'T take a picture of their door and their view. I know I do! It sets the scene for the pictures to come, and is a great reminder. :)

Any trip I take I always take a picture of the door. I keep it with all my pictures to remember what room we stayed in. It is a tradition. That is funny...I did not think many others did that, too. :D

Upvote 0

phlydude

surfsupdon said:
I don't! (although the wife likes to steal all the mickey items left in the room)

Most of the places I have stayed don't have a view! Just of the courtyard in the All Stars...

Upvote 0

swimmom

That is a great way to remember which room you were in. On our last 3 trips we have stayed in the WL on the 4th floor facing the MK. My daughter swears that on two of the trips we were in the same room. Couldn't prove it by me?!?! I will have to start taking pictures of the room number.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
You can book your room at any time. I actually have someone already booked for 2006. She booked it over a year ago. When you book so far in advance, Disney will only give you the room rate which is subject to change until the packages are released for that year.

Pam

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

I just thought of something today and it's driving me nuts. IN my ealier post I said that either side of the Contemporary tower would give you a view of Bay Lake. Oops! Bay Lake is the area behind Contemp and WL with Discovery Island and Seven Seas Lagoon is the area surrounded by MK and the resorts. I felt I had to correct myself.

Upvote 0

phlydude

DisneyGrl85 said:
I just thought of something today and it's driving me nuts. IN my ealier post I said that either side of the Contemporary tower would give you a view of Bay Lake. Oops! Bay Lake is the area behind Contemp and WL with Discovery Island and Seven Seas Lagoon is the area surrounded by MK and the resorts. I felt I had to correct myself.

I was going to say something but I figured, nahhhhh just leave it! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom