Best room ever allocated at WDW?

tobix

What is the best room you have ever been allocated at WDW?

I remember being given a corner room at the CBR in Jamaica with a view of the island between it and Port Royale which, for the money, was one of the best rooms I have ever had. We were steps from the 'village' pool which meant we could swim each morning with the pool to ourselves before walking across the island for breakfast. Bliss. I have stayed at most of the Deluxe resorts over the years, but that room was our best ever! Never been able to get it again, despite knowing the number by heart!

tammycooley

Oh do tell the room number....I will be going to Disney in June 2005 with my 7 yr old son..We are staying at the CBR....I would love to have a room like that!!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Our best room was when we were "bumped" to the concierge level in the Contemporary. A junior suite, just down from the lounge, with a great view of the MK.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Funny, our best ever room location was at Caribbean Beah, in Aruba as well. And we've had it mnay times b/c we request the specific number. Second floor, corner room, unobstructed bayview across to the Island and OPR, right next to quiet pool and the beach. Great location.

We have had great stays at Dixie and Yacht Club (and 'good' stays at some others) but our best room location was at CBR. Let me explore Yacht Club this second time to find the ultimate room areas, and perhaps I may ahve a different answer. :)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

The largest non-suite room I've seen at WDW was this summer at the Contemporary. We had a Tower room on the 7th floor with a standard size room. My cousins had a room in the North Wing, first floor corner room. I wish I could remember the number. When they checked in, the CM made a comment something to the effect of who did they know to get such a great room. They had a patio walk-out to the volleyball courts and windows on the other wall overlooking Bay Lake. I've never stayed at a room that had windows on one wall and a walk-out on the other.

Upvote 0

gracielou

I'm going to be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort 10/23-10/30. Any specific room or or building I should request? I'd like to be close to a bus stop, don't care so much about Old Port Royale.

Upvote 0

skeeter

Was fortunate enough to be "bumped" from standard parking lot view to savannah view at Animal Kingdom Lodge---VERY nice of the cm, since I am on a serious budget! It was bliss :D

Upvote 0

DisneyEspo

My best room was a Grand Villa at the Boardwalk. It was located dead center with a huge balcony overlooking the lagoon. Great for watching illuminations. And the villa itself is amazing. Jacuzzi, hardwood floors, sleeps 12, etc.

Too bad it eats up my DVC points quicker than I can eat a Mickey ice cream bar! :hammer:

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

easily, it was the first level of rooms overlooking the savanah at AKL. we had a perfect view of the whole savanah, and we were close to the gound, which made viewing the animals very easy. and what a magical moment, the first time you set out onto the porch and look out!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Best room my wife and I ever got assigned to was at the Boardwalk Inn. We faxed them a room request saying that we would be there for our anniversary and asking for a non ground floor room with a good view of Epcot so we could watch the fireworks. We got a top floor room with a perfect view of Spaceship Earth, the Eiffle tower in France, and the other buildings of Epcot. It was also not on the lagoon side of the resort so we also had a great view of the interior gardens at Boardwalk. Never watched the fireworks from it once, but we spent every morning with coffee and pastries on our balcony.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

I'm kinda curious how those of you who did, got your rooms "bumped" up, whether you asked for it or they offered. Just wanted to know if you guys had some secret as I find it always happens to other people, and not me. :wave:

Upvote 0

swimmom

Best room we had was on the 4th floor of WL facing the MK. (I don't remember the room number.) We had an unobstructed view of the castle. Our first night was a late night and grad nite was going on at the MK. Just as I was getting into bed, I heard fireworks. I opened the curtain and I watched the Grad Nite fireworks from the bed.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
cherrynegra said:
I'm kinda curious how those of you who did, got your rooms "bumped" up, whether you asked for it or they offered. Just wanted to know if you guys had some secret as I find it always happens to other people, and not me. :wave:

Pure luck. :lol: They gave our room away right before we arrived (a tour bus had pulled in, and the count was wrong), so had to put us SOMEPLACE...the CM actually asked if we would "mind" moving to concierge. :rolleyes: :lol:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I also had a good room at the BWI once, room 5272. We had a good view of the fireworks at Epcot. I suspect rooms 5274-5278 would also have a similar view, as would rooms 4272-4284.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

cherrynegra said:

We were upgraded from a standard view (read: "parking lot view" :lol: ) room one year at Port Orleans French Quarter to a water view room overlooking the canal simply because we arrived at an awkward time of day. Apparently there were no standard view rooms immediately available, but plenty of water view rooms! Just plain dumb luck... :lol:

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

This is likely to be the weirdest reason for loving a room ever, but here goes: in May I took gramma and we stayed at the Yacht Club. We had a nice view, were right by the pool, and our favorite thing...was the bathroom. Yeah, I know, weird. But it was a nice big tub (we're water babies!) and...I don't know what else I can say except that the bathroom totally made the room. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom