DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Most of them are gone now but:
1. Journey into Imagination v1
2. Horizons
3. Space Mountain
4. Peoplemover
5. Great Movie Ride
Oh well yea you’re including rides that are now extinct, it would be totally different if we were doing all time best rides. These are rides that are currently open. You should of said that, obviously rides like Journey would make it on all time best.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I will forever believe that Splash Mountain is truly the best RIDE on Disney property. Nothing else compares.

1). No use of screens all over the place
2). It proves you don't need incredibly fancy sophisticated high tech 2020 technology to make an amazing ride
3). Best log flume attraction on this earth
4). SOOO many animatronics
5). A fantastically fun plot
6). Fun for the whole family
7). The perfect length for a ride
8). Good queue line
9). Good characters
10). Good songs
11). Nostalgic AND thrilling AND part dark ride
12). Proves that Disney can do a good job no matter what the IP/Source Material
13). Loooots of easter eggs
14). Fantastic exterior design
15). That Disney water smell

Need I say more? Because honestly, I probably can.

Magenta Panther

Flight of Passage is only relevant to people who watch dippy Avatar movies.

Rise of the Resistance is laughable IMO. I've seen the videos (maybe it's more thrilling, or something, in person, but I doubt it).

Magenta Panther

I will forever believe that Splash Mountain is truly the best RIDE on Disney property. Nothing else compares.

2). It proves you don't need incredibly fancy sophisticated high tech 2020 technology to make an amazing ride
8). Good queue line
9). Good characters
10). Good songs

Splash Mountain is wonderfully paced, has great storytelling, and truly transports you into another world. I just wish the AAs could be updated. I don't think some of the characters look much like the characters in the Song of the South film (Brer Rabbit especially).

macefamily

I had to think about this one for a good few minutes. Tough. Generally speaking I have to say Flight of Passage because it's so interactive and technically crafted. But then I think about thrill rides and I love Tower of Terror. My favorite classic ride is Haunted Mansion.

UNCgolf

Rise of the Resistance is laughable IMO. I've seen the videos (maybe it's more thrilling, or something, in person, but I doubt it).

Inaccurate. Never seen Avatar; couldn't care less about it. Flight of Passage is still great.

With that said, I probably don't think it's as great as others do -- I really enjoyed it but there's no way I'd wait 2-3 hours in line to ride it.

ELG13

Splash Mtn does it for me. It has so much going on throughout the ride that i find enjoyable. There are many others listed that also have great sections that I look forward to experiencing and thrill me but since I have to pick only one as best all around... I'll vote Splash.
Any day of the week for me. The smell 😍 and it's a lengthy ride compared to many. I just love the story and the music and the little drops along the way. It's Disney.

TPSou

I voted for Rise of the Resistance, and love it, but both that and Flight of Passage are so narrative based I'm not sure how much I want to reride them. I've done FoP maybe five times since it opened, and RotR once, but now I'm perfectly ok with skipping them on some trips because they were an amazing experience that I've done (and FoP pre-shows are dull). Something like Splash or ToT are just so rerideable I could easily go on them over and over again on a single day and enjoy them every time because the ride system is so much fun. I'm looking forward to rides in the future that will hopefully have a combination of the crazy theming of Fop or RotR with rerideable ride systems for things like Tron and Guardians.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster

8). Good queue line
9). Good characters
10). Good songs

Perfectly said. 👏

MaximumEd

8). Good queue line
9). Good characters
10). Good songs

This guy gets it.

ELG13

You know what's funny...as a kid I HATED small world. I was actually terrified of it. I have vivid memories of going through the ride with tears in my eyes trying to get out of the boat (The Chucky movie was new and I watched it behind my parents backs when they thought I was in bed 😂). I enjoy it for much of the same reasons as splash mountain now. I wouldn't say it's a top three but I love the old Disney. I love the animatronics, the water, no screens everywhere. Now if we get stuck and that song keeps going...thats a slightly different story but......That's the Disney that I grew up with. Sure I love the newer rides too but I love MY Disney the most 😉

JohnD

Which E-ticket is the best?

Image result for Mike Sperduto Follow An American Adventure American Adventure Epcot
Image result for Mike Sperduto Follow An American Adventure American Adventure Epcot
Image result for expedition everest flickr sunset
Image result for avatar flight of passage
Image result for haunted mansion disney world flickr
Related image
Image result for rise of the resistance disney world
Image result for spaceship earth epcot ride

Related image
Image result for tower of terror ride flickr

Choose wisely and don't just do recency bias! What ride deserves the title of best WDW ride? What does your ranking, or own top 10 look like?
:cm:
:eatpopcorn:

The reason that American Adventure is scoring 0% is that it isn't a "ride". It IS an attraction, though.

smooch

Judging a ride based on a video is laughable IMO. Watching a video doesn't immerse you the way actually riding it does, you don't get the full scale and immersion. One simple thing that would make ROTR seem laughable on video is the fact that basically every person who has ridden the ride has said that the effects don't show up well in videos but look fantastic in person. Imagine trying to judge the Haunted Mansion off a POV on YouTube, you don't get the ambiance so you can't get a true feel for the ride through video.

Donaldfan1934

My picks for each park:
MK: Splash Mountain
EPCOT: Spaceship Earth
DHS: Rise of the Resistance (based on POV’s)
DAK: Kilimanjaro Safaris

As for my vote, I ultimately decided to go with Kilimanjaro safaris. It was between that and Splash, but seeing just how overatted FoP is solidified my choice.

DfromATX

I picked Splash. It has everything one could want. If anything ever happened to it, I would probably cry. But, I love/like most of the rides. It would be easier to tell you the ones I didn't like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom